How concerned should we be over our injuries?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2016/8/15/12485536/time-to-panic-over-chicago-bears-injuries-pernell-mcphee-kyle-fuller-marquess-wilson-eddie-royal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With Marquiss Wilson, Eddie Royal, Pernell McPhee, and now Kyle Fuller all dealing with injuries, how much should we panic? Any chance all these guys are ready by the start of the season.

What is the update with Marquees Wilson? It would be huge to have him back and offer another reliable and familiar option for Cutler.

Eddie Royal...He hasn't been much good to us when he is on the field, but possibly he would do better as a 3rd/4th option instead of a 1st/2nd like last year. Considering all our recievers have had recent injuries, the more healthy receivers, the better, right? How big of a deal is it if we miss him and have to rely on a Bellamy/Mariani??

Parnell Mcphee...if and when will be be ready?? We are alright at OLB, but would be much better with McPhee..

Is losing Kyle Fuller for an indefinite amount of time the biggest loss of them all?? Callahan has been making costly mistakes in practice as a true corner and word is Deondre Hall isn't going to be ready any time soon.

Who do you think is the biggest lost? Who do we need to most at the start of the season? If you had to guess who is most likely to start week 1 and who will miss the start of the season?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A team that is low on proven talent like the Bears can't afford too many injuries but the same goes for any team. Out of the guys you mention McPhee is the most concerning even though that position is deep.

Not at all concerned about Wilson or Royal, neither has done much and with White and Jeffery on the outside I think guys like Bellamy and Thompson and hopefully Braverman will compliment them well.

Fuller has his short comings in man coverage and if he has not improved on his coverage skills when the play is not in front of him then it might be good to get some other guys snaps at CB.

But the injury that hurt the worse is the one you failed to mention and that is Grasu. The Center position is a hot mess currently and has me the most worried

peoriabear#1

Liked Posts:
A team that is low on proven talent like the Bears can't afford too many injuries but the same goes for any team. Out of the guys you mention McPhee is the most concerning even though that position is deep.

Not at all concerned about Wilson or Royal, neither has done much and with White and Jeffery on the outside I think guys like Bellamy and Thompson and hopefully Braverman will compliment them well.

Fuller has his short comings in man coverage and if he has not improved on his coverage skills when the play is not in front of him then it might be good to get some other guys snaps at CB.

But the injury that hurt the worse is the one you failed to mention and that is Grasu. The Center position is a hot mess currently and has me the most worried
Right. Cutting slauson was so dumb. I think they did it so he could get on another team. They were not planning on using him. They should of kept and paid him. I don't get it. They have cap money.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There would be 2 devastating injuries for this team

Cutler
Leno

After that they have the depth, especially at WR and OLB to survive most injuries. Porter would suck, but could possibly be weathered.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
This team isn't going to make a run to the playoffs with the talent in Green Bay and Minnesota so the injuries that happen are going to be a part of the season that just happens. This team is not ready for prime time. Growth among the young players will be the key. Looking for some semblance of a future and a foundation.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This team isn't going to make a run to the playoffs with the talent in Green Bay and Minnesota so the injuries that happen are going to be a part of the season that just happens. This team is not ready for prime time. Growth among the young players will be the key. Looking for some semblance of a future and a foundation.

This is true

Watch: White, Goldman, Floyd, Whitehair and Bullard. That will be the foundation of the Bears return to the playoffs, or not.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Plenty of reason to be optimistic for a playoff run. I refuse to believe in Minnesota being a true playoff team and we have a favorable schedule. Yes, our roster is being rebuilt and players need to develop, but I think we will have an opportunity to jump to success.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
We need a few things to go out way and a few of our players to speed up the development process, but it is attainable. Imo, we really need a 3rd/4th receiving option to get over the hump. With a developing running game it would take pressure off of we had an already efficient passing game. The more options the better

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hahaha...slauson comes up in every thread....wow...

given the vagueness of all these players missing time and how shin-gate went down....I could see cause for concern....

I just want to see the draftees of this year and last show flashes of potential and/or improvement.....good health would be nice....but let's not get carried away here...

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Plenty of reason to be optimistic for a playoff run. I refuse to believe in Minnesota being a true playoff team and we have a favorable schedule. Yes, our roster is being rebuilt and players need to develop, but I think we will have an opportunity to jump to success.
Doesn't Minnesota also have a favorable schedule?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Also concerning Center, I know we had a tough outing last preseason game, but I will give this staff an opportunity to shift some guys around and see who is available.

I liked Slauson and thought it was a mistake to cut him, but I am sick of hearing about him. I'm sure the staff regrets it now, but at the time, with Whitehair and FA aquisitions we made, the staff probabky felt good about the status of our interior line. Thus, I think they were doing him a favor to cut him early as they were ready to move in a younger direction. Regardless how bad it looks now, it is what it is. Give the transition some time before panicing.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
http://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...cphee-kyle-fuller-marquess-wilson-eddie-royal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With Marquiss Wilson, Eddie Royal, Pernell McPhee, and now Kyle Fuller all dealing with injuries, how much should we panic? Any chance all these guys are ready by the start of the season.

What is the update with Marquees Wilson? It would be huge to have him back and offer another reliable and familiar option for Cutler.

Eddie Royal...He hasn't been much good to us when he is on the field, but possibly he would do better as a 3rd/4th option instead of a 1st/2nd like last year. Considering all our recievers have had recent injuries, the more healthy receivers, the better, right? How big of a deal is it if we miss him and have to rely on a Bellamy/Mariani??

Parnell Mcphee...if and when will be be ready?? We are alright at OLB, but would be much better with McPhee..

Is losing Kyle Fuller for an indefinite amount of time the biggest loss of them all?? Callahan has been making costly mistakes in practice as a true corner and word is Deondre Hall isn't going to be ready any time soon.

Who do you think is the biggest lost? Who do we need to most at the start of the season? If you had to guess who is most likely to start week 1 and who will miss the start of the season?

of the current injuries...

Fuller would be the most costly. Callahan, Hall & Bausby would likely have plenty of costly 'inexperience' mistakes.

Miller still seems lightyears ahead of #2 in receiving, but Bears have other blocking & receiving options.

For any injuries...

All 5 O-linemen, Fuller, Porter, Freeman, Trevathan injuries would all put a serious hole on the team.

The way Cutler played braindead, & Hoyer played cool and efficient P-game 1... I don't see a Cutler injury relatively costly.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Doesn't Minnesota also have a favorable schedule?

I haven't looked, but considering they were 2nd in the division last year it should be slightly harder than ours in the least. Plus I have absolutley no faith in Teddy Bridgewater. Luckily he has Peterson to make up for his ineptitude at times.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I haven't looked, but considering they were 2nd in the division last year it should be slightly harder than ours in the least. Plus I have absolutley no faith in Teddy Bridgewater. Luckily he has Peterson to make up for his ineptitude at times.

You have no faith in Bridgewater, but are optimistic of a Cutler led playoff run?

See, I love the optimism, but any way you spin this right now, this team just isn't very good. We're looking at 3rd in the division at best. The talent gap will just be too much to overcome.

As was stated in another thread, this year will be pivotal towards the development of some of these young guys that FoxPace believe will be "pieces of the puzzle" in the near future. Expect the bears to be much more competitive next season, but don't hold your breath for anything more than an 8-8 season this year.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The Bears have arguably the least amount of 'depth' of any team in the NFL. The only reason that most Bear injuries aren't classified as 'devastating' is because the starter is already a mere 'replacement level' player.

Hoyer is probably the most accomplished backup player on the roster, so I don't know if saying losing Cutler would be 'devastating'. Losing Leno would be tough, but pretty much losing anyone in the OL at this point would be a huge problem. Larsen was supposed to be the swingman, but now he has to start. There is a huge dropoff at WR if either White or Jeffery got hurt. Royal and Wilson have spent their Bears' careers on the IR. I'm not even sure who the #3WR will be. If it is Braverman, then its another mid-round rookie seeing significant PT. TE and RB positions are a joke. Bears are counting on another mid round rookie to be the swing DL in Bullard. ILB has no depth. The secondary was going to be a mess with Fuller...if he's on the outs, then I have no idea what the Bears will throw out on the field.

The Bears do not have depth at any position other than QB and OLB.

Thats what happens when you're one of the youngest teams in the league. Coaches need to coach for once. Saints, i believe were the youngest last year and they're already decimated on the dline with injuries.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Thats what happens when you're one of the youngest teams in the league. Coaches need to coach for once. Saints, i believe were the youngest last year and they're already decimated on the dline with injuries.

The Saints you say? That's concerning considering who is at the helm of the beloved at the moment.

I don't truley mean the above, but there is no smoke without fire or ... ?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The Saints you say? That's concerning considering who is at the helm of the beloved at the moment.

I don't truley mean the above, but there is no smoke without fire or ... ?

Just checked, I was way off, but they did have the most rookies starting at one point last year..

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Just checked, I was way off, but they did have the most rookies starting at one point last year..

No matter though, your point is a good one I think, there is some correaltion there. It has a positive side too, but we should all be guarded with our expectations with this team at the moment.