dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If the Bears only keep 5 DLineman it would most likely be J.Bullard, E.Goldman, A.Hicks, M.Unrein and CWash which would leave both Ego and Sutton on the outs. We only kept 5 last year but if we did keep 6 i'd have to think Ego would get it over Sutton because i remember all the talk last year of Sutton being too small for what Fangio likes but he still made the team, i'd still have to think that Ego is the better player and i know he was in the 1st preseason game.

Does anyone think either of these two are even worth keeping? We just drafted both in 2014 so i'd hate to see two more wasted draft picks and Ego hasn't had a real chance to prove himself after sitting the whole season out last year.

https://t.co/q8fWRXNLpq

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally I would go Ego over Will. Sutton was brought in to play a 3 tech in a system long gone and I think the Bears keep 6.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Personally I would go Ego over Will. Sutton was brought in to play a 3 tech in a system long gone and I think the Bears keep 6.

That's if we even keep 6 cause like i said we only kept 5 last year.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Sutton might have the inside track despite his lack of size. He was the first DL to come in on the first drive when the Bears started subbing and he's played on special teams all throughout camp. He's the backup nose tackle and he just seemed to be consistently disruptive in the run game a year ago. Washington and Ferguson have struggled to stay healthy whereas Sutton has been a rock.

Sutton may not be as talented as the other two and I want to see Washington succeed more than any other player, but Sutton seems to make plays when called upon.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Sutton came off the bench first last week

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sutton might have the inside track despite his lack of size. He was the first DL to come in on the first drive when the Bears started subbing and he's played on special teams all throughout camp. He's the backup nose tackle and he just seemed to be consistently disruptive in the run game a year ago. Washington and Ferguson have struggled to stay healthy whereas Sutton has been a rock.

Sutton may not be as talented as the other two and I want to see Washington succeed more than any other player, but Sutton seems to make plays when called upon.

Sutton did make some good plays last season so these next 3 games will be big for both of them if we keep 6 DLineman. I just hope Ego gets enough of a chance to show something after missing all of last season and we did pick him a round earlier than Sutton. It would be just the Bears luck to cut one or both and them shining on another team.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sutton came off the bench first last week

This holds little weight for me. Preseason is the time to evaluate your players. Maybe Fangio and Fox just wanted to see him play against the other teams first stringers rather then the 2nd team.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking Sutton over Ego. I don't think Washington has the team made yet. He's always a mess physically and I think there's a good chance he wouldn't make out of camp healthy.

They only kept 5 to start in 2015 I believe because Ratliff was suspended. At the end of the season, they had 7.

76 Bruce Gaston NT
96 Jarvis Jenkins DE
90 Greg Scruggs DE
70 D'Anthony Smith NT
93 Will Sutton DE
98 Mitch Unrein DE
79 Terry Williams NT

I think they might keep 6.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm thinking Sutton over Ego. I don't think Washington has the team made yet. He's always a mess physically and I think there's a good chance he wouldn't make out of camp healthy.

They only kept 5 to start in 2015 I believe because Ratliff was suspended. At the end of the season, they had 7.

76 Bruce Gaston NT
96 Jarvis Jenkins DE
90 Greg Scruggs DE
70 D'Anthony Smith NT
93 Will Sutton DE
98 Mitch Unrein DE
79 Terry Williams NT

I think they might keep 6.

With all the question marks we have in our secondary i'd have to think that that's where they're gonna keep as many players as possible. So while i wouldn't doubt us keeping 6 on the line it wouldn't shock me if they kept 5 again and kept an extra DB.

Washington

Liked Posts:
With all the question marks we have in our secondary i'd have to think that that's where they're gonna keep as many players as possible. So while i wouldn't doubt us keeping 6 on the line it wouldn't shock me if they kept 5 again and kept an extra DB.

We kept 6 CBs and 5 Ss last year. That is plenty. DLines typically need more of a rotation. I think 6 would be right but what the hell do I know. If we only have 5 and get 1 injury, we'd be in deep doo doo.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
There is no way we will keep five. Lineman need rotations and one injury means they are in deep trouble.

I would expect seven, with an 8th on the practice squad.

The Bears having a weak secondary and a young defensive line that could be good or bad with lots of players that can go either way isn't an argument in favor of keeping as many garbage backup corners and safeties as possible: it's an argument against it. Give young defensive lineman who could realistically turn into solid starters a chance on the field. Let garbage in the secondary go. There is no point in keeping a gigantic number of low potential players in the secondary if they aren't there for special teams. You can sign free agents of their caliber at any point. Keep the guys who might actually have talent. 5 bad cornerback prospects aren't better than 3, and half of those guys listed as corner and safety are just going to be ST and emergency stopgaps for in game injuries who would be replaced by a street free agent before the next week.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There is no way we will keep five. Lineman need rotations and one injury means they are in deep trouble.

I would expect seven, with an 8th on the practice squad.

The Bears having a weak secondary and a young defensive line that could be good or bad with lots of players that can go either way isn't an argument in favor of keeping as many garbage backup corners and safeties as possible: it's an argument against it. Give young defensive lineman who could realistically turn into solid starters a chance on the field. Let garbage in the secondary go. There is no point in keeping a gigantic number of low potential players in the secondary if they aren't there for special teams. You can sign free agents of their caliber at any point. Keep the guys who might actually have talent. 5 bad cornerback prospects aren't better than 3, and half of those guys listed as corner and safety are just going to be ST and emergency stopgaps for in game injuries who would be replaced by a street free agent before the next week.

We kept 5 last year so lets not say there's no way since we've already done it but i think we keep 6 but have no idea if it will be Sutton or Ego that makes the 6th spot, that's if CornWash can get healthy and makes the 53.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Before we put cornwash on the team, lets see him make it thru the next 3 weeks without suffering a season ending injury.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I like Sutton, he needs to be a 3-tech in a 4 - 3 somewhere. He would be good trade bait for a new C. Not sure what teams even run a 4 - 3 anymore, but one of them has to have someone on their team that would help our O line.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How Cornelius Washington has stuck around this long is beyond me. He's been a flop and disappointment every time the games roll around while flashing in camp. I was hopeful for him years ago. Not anymore.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They will keep 6.

Sutton has flashed more.

Ego has not done a ton.

But every time you look this Keith Browner guy is making plays.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will keep 6.

Sutton has flashed more.

Ego has not done a ton.

But every time you look this Keith Browner guy is making plays.

Sutton missed two tackles for a loss he should of had today.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sutton missed two tackles for a loss he should of had today.

But at least he was in the backfield.

Ego is not even in Position to make plays.