Lackey going on DL?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@TommyBirch: Rob Zastryzny no longer starting for the Iowa #Cubs tonight. Had heard he could be headed up soon. This is a strong sign. #MiLB

Possibly to prepare and start for Lackey on Tuesday against SD

Might as well be cautious and give Lackey a start or two off to make sure he good to go in October.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just heard the Cubs purchased 2 contracts from Iowa
So there may be 2 guys coming up
Zastryzny most likely one, I'm guessing a hitter to replace Cogs though it could be another guy for pen since Saturday another bullpen game with Montgomery and Cahill scheduled.

Patton most likely goes back down and Lackey DL

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Zastryzny is interesting. 2 and 4 seem fastball. Decent change and cutter mix. He seems like a Travas Wood type. Lacks a plus breaking pitch. Again like Wood.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It makes no sense to me not to DL Lackey, but its his ego and buttheadedness that wants his 200 innings. We would still have Nathan in the mix if they had DL'd Rondon, which would have been kept when Strop was injured. Yes, the plan is using LAckey Tuesday, allowing Montgomery the next start, which also makes little sense after Cahill did what he did last start. This also pushes Lackey between Lester and Arrieta.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Put him on the DL. We have a 12+ game lead on the Cards. I would also consider giving each SP a skipped start to rest up for October. We can afford to rest our guys with such a massive lead.

I don't care who we call up. Just give a few guys a couple of spot starts.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Lackey and Rondon to the DL with Rob Zastryzny and Felix Pena coming up. Both DL stints are being called precautionary which is the kind of thing you can afford with a 13 game division lead and a 6 game lead over Washington for HFA. All that matters now is the playoff run and you need everyone healthy.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Rondon hasnt looked right all year. THought something was wrong with him

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Rondon hasnt looked right all year. THought something was wrong with him

Which might further explain the Chapman acquisition. Maybe they thought Rondon looked off. Good numbers but some times numbers don't paint the whole picture.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Put him on the DL. We have a 12+ game lead on the Cards. I would also consider giving each SP a skipped start to rest up for October. We can afford to rest our guys with such a massive lead.

I don't care who we call up. Just give a few guys a couple of spot starts.
I would want Home Field Advantage throughout the NL playoffs, which isn't accomplished simply by outlasting the deadbirds.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I would want Home Field Advantage throughout the NL playoffs, which isn't accomplished simply by outlasting the deadbirds.

Agreed. They have to stay up on the Nationals as well but that lead is 6 games. Both teams have 42 games left to go and 23-19 gets the Cubs to 100 wins which I think is a very reasonable goal. If they do that Washington would have to go 30-12 to top them. It's certainly not time to coast but this is where the hot starts at the beginning of the season and after teh AS break give them an advantage.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lackey and Rondon to the DL with Rob Zastryzny and Felix Pena coming up. Both DL stints are being called precautionary which is the kind of thing you can afford with a 13 game division lead and a 6 game lead over Washington for HFA. All that matters now is the playoff run and you need everyone healthy.
Smart move, still shows if they handled it better we would still have Nathan as an option. Now they are going to stick with Montgomery to start in lackeys place, not Zas.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Montgomery is going to be starting tomorrow. Rondon will be fine. He's obviously hurt but his arm is fine because he was hitting 96-97 on the gun. But his triceps has been hurting him. That is a bitch of a muscle to fuck up. It hurts like hell and you can't throw without pain. You're probably not going to damage it by throwing but you don't ever let it heal which is what the Cubs are doing. The Cubs have the central locked up. All they need to do now is to get HFA throughout the NL playoffs. But having Lackey and Rondon rested because they're nothing wrong with Lackey other than a sore shoulder. But more than likely its an excuse to put the guy out of action and let him rest up for the playoffs. Because we need that motherfucker at 100% in October.