Kwiatkoski?

Washington

Liked Posts:
Kwiatkoski's status takes on more significance as Danny Trevathan (Happy Birthday to all the Mother's out there!) continues to miss time (or, in John Fox vernacular, "take personal days"). Yes, football is a rough game and I hear more news about Chicago than any other NFL team...but the number of times the Bears draft already-injured players, regardless of GM, is astounding. There has to be some sort of connecting reason.

Kwiatkoski was injured when we drafted him? It wasn't noted in his combine documentation.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nick-kwiatkoski?id=2555288

The following link shows he was hurt after college:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=96099&draftyear=2016&genpos=ILB

Draft Scout Nick Kwiatkoski News

08/16/16 - LB Nick Kwiatkoski (hamstring) remains out, and has been since early in camp. The fourth-round draft pick is not close to returning, according to coach John Fox.

08/05/16 - LB Nick Kwiatkoski is day to day with a hamstring pull.

08/02/16 - Linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski, a rookie, went out (shoulder) on the weekend and is missing practices. He has been replaced on the second-team linebacker corps by Jonathan Anderson. Kwiatkoski is day-to-day.

12/14/15 - 2015 ALL-BIG 12 FOOTBALL HONORABLE MENTION (COACHES): Nick Kwiatkoski (DPoY),...Senior linebacker Jared Barber, sophomore wide receiver Shelton Gibson, senior defensive back Karl Joseph, junior kicker Josh Lambert, junior defensive lineman Noble Nwachukwu and sophomore fullback Elijah Wellman earned All-Big 12 Honorable Mention honors. - West Virginia Football

12/14/15 - 2015 ALL-BIG 12 FOOTBALL FIRST TEAM (COACHES): LB Nick Kwiatkoski, West Virginia, Sr.,...Senior linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski earned All-Big 12 First Team distinction. Kwiatkoski ranks first on WVU and No. 16 in the Big 12 with 80 tackles, while also adding 10 tackles for loss, seven pass breakups, three sacks and three interceptions. - West Virginia Football

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
My question is if he doesn't play the next two games do the bears put him on the pup list? or keep him on the roster? with all of the injuries we need all the depth we can get.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
This doesn't make sense.

Harris was a probowler before we drafted Dvoracek in 2005. He missed Tommie's almost all of the 2006 season where Tommie was again a probowler. Next season he played 1 game before tearing his ACL and missing the season(Harris was also a probowler this season). They played 1 year together somewhat in 2008 where he also got injured towards the end of that season. 2009 season Dvoracek got cut during preseason. Where was he whispering to him from? The sideline?

On the contrary Harris was a hard worker early on and was said to review games at max volume in Halas Hall deep into the night in order to learn his opponents snap count. You must be thinking about someone else besides Dusty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusty_Dvoracek

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommie_Harris

Tommie Harris is only 33? Crazy how's he's done with Football already. Look at wilfork and others tackles playing into their 30s. Shocked he didn't continue on, less his hamstring and knee were big time issues.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
My question is if he doesn't play the next two games do the bears put him on the pup list? or keep him on the roster? with all of the injuries we need all the depth we can get.

With the way guys like Timu, J.Anderson and L.Barrow have been playing so far i think we'll be just fine at ILB but i was really wanting to see this kid get some preseason work in.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

My guess is they'll IR him for a bogus injury that would easily heal before the end of the season, just so they can stick him on the shelf for a year. Seems common place for teams to do this with mid to late round picks.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tommie Harris is only 33? Crazy how's he's done with Football already. Look at wilfork and others tackles playing into their 30s. Shocked he didn't continue on, less his hamstring and knee were big time issues.

I may be wrong, but I thought Harris hamstring may have ripped from bone...I'll check I can't recall if it was him.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Well it looks like #44 isn't going on the pup or IR and Jones is out. I thought he play well yesterday :yep:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol... It was the only play I noticed him. I had to go back and check if we had some white tight end playing LB who just destroyed that rb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, he made that rb his bitch. Very nice, we need to see more of that.

Good for him. It'd be tough if a guy who had such a good college career didn't get a chance to show what he can do.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well it looks like #44 isn't going on the pup or IR and Jones is out. I thought he play well yesterday :yep:

That isn't for sure that we're gonna cut C.Jones because Kowski isn't going on IR. I've noticed something good from C.Jones in every preseason game so far, of course he has really only gotten playing time against backups but he's still done some good things. If it's true that we have C.Jones, W.Sutton and Ego on the trading block then you could be right cause teams usually are about to cut the guys that they're trying to trade at this time of the season but i sure hope they find a spot on the 53 for him if we don't trade him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
delete

Last edited:

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
That isn't for sure that we're gonna cut C.Jones because Kowski isn't going on IR. I've noticed something good from C.Jones in every preseason game so far, of course he has really only gotten playing time against backups but he's still done some good things. If it's true that we have C.Jones, W.Sutton and Ego on the trading block then you could be right cause teams usually are about to cut the guys that they're trying to trade at this time of the season but i sure hope they find a spot on the 53 for him if we don't trade him.
no its not 100% since its not tomorrow, but I be shocked if we had 5 ilb's on the 53 roster