Bears cornerback Kyle Fuller out indefinitely after knee surgery

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bears cornerback Kyle Fuller underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Wednesday, a clean-up procedure to address an injury that had hampered him throughout the summer and into training camp, Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune reports. Coach John Fox announced the procedure after the Bears’ 23-22 loss to the Patriots on Thursday night.

Fox isn’t setting a timetable for Fuller’s return. And the setback could keep the young defensive back on the shelf for the team’s Sept. 11 regular season opener in Houston and potentially beyond. Internally, the Bears are optimistic the cornerback’s recovery won’t drag out and that he should be in line to return to practice within a few weeks.

“Injuries get in the way of progress,” Fox said. “It was kind of getting worse and worse. Something (with his knee) didn’t get better. And I’m not a big fan of doing the same stuff. It was bothering him and we wanted to see and get it fixed.”

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

750x422

Bears cornerback Kyle Fuller underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Wednesday, a clean-up procedure to address an injury that had hampered him throughout the summer and into training camp. Coach John Fox announced the procedure after the Bears’ 23-22 loss to the Patriots on Thursday night.

Fox isn’t setting a timetable for Fuller’s return. And the setback could keep the young defensive back on the shelf for the team’s Sept. 11 regular season opener in Houston and potentially beyond. Internally, the Bears are optimistic the cornerback’s recovery won’t drag out and that he should be in line to return to practice within a few weeks.

Still, the front office and coaching staff had concluded that Fuller’s discomfort was hindering his play and impeding his development.

“Injuries get in the way of progress,” Fox said. “It was kind of getting worse and worse. Something (with his knee) didn’t get better. And I’m not a big fan of doing the same stuff. It was bothering him and we wanted to see and get it fixed.”

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see how he's out indefinitely. They said a few weeks. What a stupid article.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A part of me is pissed he didn't address this in the summer when it was a nagging injury, but a part of me is glad they got it taken care of now. Lets pray he is back for the majority of the season.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Indefinitely is one of those weird words.

In the sports lexicon it's come to mean 'forever. the whole season. the end of the world'

When it reality, the word really means 'not definitive'.

That said, it sucks, but Fuller kinda sucks too.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Indefinitely is one of those weird words.

In the sports lexicon it's come to mean 'forever. the whole season. the end of the world'

When it reality, the word really means 'not definitive'.

That said, it sucks, but Fuller kinda sucks too.
He certainly hasn't lived up to the hype when he was drafted in the first round, that's for sure. Maybe some of that can be blamed on subpar DL & linebackers not pressuring QB's, but not all.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you're saying he will be "week to week"

:smug2: