So far biggest difference between Loggains & Gase is where they like to run it

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
As far as I can tell at this point the biggest difference between Loggains and Gase is that our new OC likes to run outside much more. As much as I liked Gase and his creativity he wasted way too many snaps running up the middle with little to show for it. I just read Biggs 10 thoughts and one of the things that stood out was how Loggains really likes to run outside using zone blocking. Obviously the best offensive play vs Pats was an outside run for 34 yards by Langford. Then he he goes up the gut for a TD. So I am surmising that Loggains plans to run a lot outside mainly on the right with part of his plan to then kind of setup inside runs being made easier as the defense will hopefully be gearing up to defend the outside.

We know Fox wants his offense to establish run first which is typical for a defensive guy as HC. What is really frustrating about the offense to me is that Cutler is embracing being much more disciplined with his decisions than ever before and he is playing much better as a result. He now has two exceptional talents at WR and other quality options. So IMO if the oline was as a whole just playing slightly above average in terms of NFL oline play this offense could IMO really kick some ass.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
With all the injury's last year Gase was not Gase. And now Loggains has different tools (AJ/White) with no Bennett/Fotre. Really can't compare the 2 OC's. This is a different offense altogether. Not sure how it will go but the Oline is going to be a huge factor in how good we can be as a team.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wtf is this thread?