Green Eggs

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those wanting to power-up their breakfast or make their children's breakfast healthier, I've got your solution.

Supplies:

1. Blender. I use a Vitamix. I didn't buy it for making Green Eggs, just happen to have one b/c I'm working on being a 1%er.

2. 9-12 eggs, remove half the yolks.

3. 1/2 cup milk.

4. 4 cups Spinach-or more if you can handle it.

5. Pinch of seasoning.

Blend it up until they are smooth and cook. We haven't eaten normal eggs in years and my four year old knows nothing else. If you're worried about the spinach flavor, don't be. It's BARELY noticeable. I usually douse my scrambled eggs with some salsa as well. I mentioned 9-12 eggs b/c I'm cooking for four. Adjust accordingly.

Healthier Pancakes:

Ground up four tablespoons of flax seeds in the Vitamix. Add water, 3-4 cups spinach and an apple. Blend until liquid enough to add into your pancake mix. Fold into your premade mix accordingly. The thicker the better in my opinion.

The 'cakes turn out with a hint of green but are super sweet and delicious with the addition of the apple. Bonus points with the Omegas from the Flax seed.

I usually pour a small amount of local, organic honey on top of them in place of syrup.

Yummy!

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Thought this post was going in another direction when I clicked on it.

17w41cnkwakxigif.gif

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
DC,

I'd try those recipies.
We just used food coloring when doing ours.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Just eat a century egg. It's green and the kids will love it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
That actually sounds delicious. I am going to be getting a ninja soon (My step father loves his vitamix) and I will try that out.

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Smother that shit with green chili too!