Who are the Cubs announcers this year?

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Hey,

Who are the announcers for the game tonight? Do you guys like them? I love the dude with the glasses. He's cool as shit :)

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Len and JD? Like always for the last few years?

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Len and JD? Like always for the last few years?

Yeah I could look them up but I figured I would post this since I dont have much free time online. What are their full names? I like them, they are cool, and the anecdotes from the guy with the glasses who was a player are pretty damn entertaining.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Len Kasper is play by play and Jim DeShaies former MLBer is the analyst...the guy with the glasses.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JD sounds very much like Dan Roan, who I can't stand. When he first started thats who I thought was doing the game.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Yeah Jim DeSheilds. Played a little bit of MLB ball and is a really intelligent guy so he has a great memory and a knack for when to comes to anecdotes.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Since when is 12 years in the majors a little bit of mlb ball?

Also....love how the original poster doesnt have time to do a 5 second google search but can take 5 minutes to log on here, post his question and keep posting replys

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
What do you guys think of JD?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Since when is 12 years in the majors a little bit of mlb ball?

Also....love how the original poster doesnt have time to do a 5 second google search but can take 5 minutes to log on here, post his question and keep posting replys

In fairness to the OP, JD was a pitcher, so he would have appeared at most every 5th day. That 12 years amounted to only 2.4 years of experience. That really is just "a little bit of MLB ball".

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I like him. My favorite was Stone. Brenly was OK, but I think some of that had to do with the Cubs not being a very good team. At first I was a bit hesitant about not having someone associated with the Cubs in the booth, but JD has been very solid.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stone and Harry Caray made the Cubs fun to watch even when they were painfully bad. Good announcers can do that. Stone needs someone interesting to bounce things off of...right now he doesn't have that.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
JD is a cornball with all his goofy jokes but he does know the game. He tends to grow on you over time and starts looking better when you listen to other color men like Kruk and other team's announcers

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:

I like him, he reminds of just an old time stoner dude. It did take time to get used to a new voice after Bob left, but I know him now. I like Len Kasper a lot, hope he never leaves.

When I first became a Cubs follower, we ad Chip Caray and Stoney. It's still weird when I hear them on other games. Isn't Chip with the Braves now? Stoney still Sox?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Stone and Harry Caray made the Cubs fun to watch even when they were painfully bad. Good announcers can do that. Stone needs someone interesting to bounce things off of...right now he doesn't have that.

Hawk definitely has a contribution to ruining Stone. But Stone has been losing it as most greats will as they get older.

That said, he's been really solid with jason benetti

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like him, he reminds of just an old time stoner dude. It did take time to get used to a new voice after Bob left, but I know him now. I like Len Kasper a lot, hope he never leaves.

When I first became a Cubs follower, we ad Chip Caray and Stoney. It's still weird when I hear them on other games. Isn't Chip with the Braves now? Stoney still Sox?

Chip Caray, any fly ball hit to the out field "has a chaaaaaaaaance........caught ".

I was glad to see him go, I wonder if he still gets excited about every ball hit in the air to the out field.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, I forgot there was a Chip Caray era.

If someone asked me who did the Cubs TV broadcast between Harry Caray + Steve Stone and Len Kasper + Bob Brenly, I would've been stumped!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I have to imagine this is a mega troll since he seems to watch the games enough to know it's a guy and another guy with glasses and I can't think of a time they don't do this.

len-kasper-jim-deshaies-ftrjpg_1ubdd3612mt9e1slgbuea870d8.jpg

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its probably just me but there have been times when LK is talking I hear Kermit the Frog voice.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I have to imagine this is a mega troll since he seems to watch the games enough to know it's a guy and another guy with glasses and I can't think of a time they don't do this.

len-kasper-jim-deshaies-ftrjpg_1ubdd3612mt9e1slgbuea870d8.jpg
He is not a troll, just not a very bright guy. Posts here occasionally