Why not Hendricks for Cy Young?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The MLB night crew was talking Cy Young two nights ago, and focused on Bumgarner they noted Strausburg was in contention, failed to mention either Cub who should be.

I think Strausburg wins it on name, and because Bumgarners fastball is down to 90,91 and he will tail off down the stretch. If Strausburg wins 22-24 games or something he is probably untouchable.

At what point does Hendricks get consideration? Where is his 2016 resume lacking?

He doesn't even crack top ten in this predictor...http://www.espn.com/mlb/features/cyyoung

Cueto is a surprise to me even though the strong start. I guess K's are king. Shame not to mention Arrieta though, he has shown signs of complete dominance once again, I think the Naked cover just cursed his ego for a minute, and starting the all-star game.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
He should be given very special attention considering he's had this team on his back each of his last 6 starts and basically won the games almost singlehandedly. His ERA is 2.17 second only to Bumgarner but Bumgarner has been getting rocked lately and his numbers are getting fucked up. He's on the team with the worst record in baseball since the ASB. The Giants are probably not making the playoffs even as a wild card. I want the Cardinals and to fuck them up with 3 games at Wrigley. The guy has been totally unhittable in Wrigley since the ASB.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
In fairness to reporters it is very unique that a team's 5th starter would be having this kind of season.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hendricks has the ERA but lacks in IP CG SHO K and Wins
Need to be in top of all categories to be considered

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Hendricks has the ERA but lacks in IP CG SHO K and Wins
Need to be in top of all categories to be considered

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

It's ridiculous to think wins are a factor in this day and age but I think only King Felix has won a CY without gaudy win totals. Where I disqualify Hendricks I'd his 3.45 FIP showing that luck and his team's defense is more responsible for his ERA than his own efforts. That's not to say he's not having a very good season, he is, but if he's not going to win over the older voters with standard numbers he would need the Sabermetrics guys in his corner and they'll look at that FIP and even higher xFIP AND bounce him from consideration. I think it's a four man race at this point with Strasburg, Scherzer, Fernandez and maybe Bumgarner. Although Fernandez, who would be my pick, may not have the innings to qualify.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Our own fans will answer your question with the comments that Hendricks is still considered a fifth starter by our own fans, you need national votes for Cy Young.

Greg Maddux wasted alot of years getting to where Hendricks is now.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Remember when people wanted the Cubs to trade for a new #5? He played on full season and people wanted him out.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Hendricks needs more wins, all his other stats are fine and CY worthy.