Worst to first, Who and why?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A team this is not on your list because they were bad but not in last place in their division (though neither were the giants and they are being talked about a lot on here) are the Jaguars.

There were crappy (5-11) last year while scoring the most points (376) and giving up the most (448) in their division.

They improved their defense this year with the additions of Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, Yannick Ngakoue, DE, Maryland, Sheldon Day, DL, Notre Dame, Tyrone Holmes, DE, Montana, Jonathan Woodard, DE, Central Arkansas through the 2016 draft (do you think the Jags think they need help on the defense?) and the return of their #1 draft pick on their defense Dante Fowler jr.

Their defense will make a huge improvement in 2016 and this will make the whole team much better.

I've got the jags at 10-6, wildcard.

Mitchapalooza

Raiders weren't the worst but I think they make the playoffs this year.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I think if Rodgers got hurt, the central would be wide open as every team in our division has major weaknesses. The Packers have issues as it is, we are probably in it, but may need to win the division to make the playoffs the way things are going. We have the softest schedule and a defensive genius running the show. Its possible.

So I'll adjust my prediction in order of potential..

1) Dallas
2) Chicago
3) Tennesse (I think Colts rebound)
4) San Diego ( I think a low chance of catching Kansas City/Denver without some catostrophes befalling those teams)
The central? Wrong sport buddy.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Probably should have been more. We were penalized 20 damn times and the refs threw a bogus flag on Rodgers first int

Indeed you are right. I guess we should make excuses for GB now too? Lol

And yes.....whooping them at their house and shutting Rodgers down when they were favored by over a TD is an upset....well for GB that is:lmao:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Dallas is a in a bad division and they were bad in part due to injured QB. Tennessee is in a bad division and they were bad in part due to a developing QB.

Chicago doesn't really have any 'excuse' for being bad last year. They were simply bad. And they have the same QB this year that they had last year.

One reason for being bad was not enough talent on D. That's certainly not an excuse. I wouldn't say this is an excuse, but we were also decimated at WR. Our rookie 1st round pick was out all year, Alshon only played 9 games, Royal missed a lot, those were our top 3 guys. That would hurt any team. Hard to say what would happen if all 3 of those guys missed significantly less time.

Bones40

Liked Posts:
One reason for being bad was not enough talent on D. That's certainly not an excuse. I wouldn't say this is an excuse, but we were also decimated at WR. Our rookie 1st round pick was out all year, Alshon only played 9 games, Royal missed a lot, those were our top 3 guys. That would hurt any team. Hard to say what would happen if all 3 of those guys missed significantly less time.

Also, we were signing guys off the street to play defense. Our depth still sucks, but it seems like a lot of people forget how much better off we are now than a year ago. If injuries are limited, the Bears have an outside shot of stealing the division. Next year though, we should be competing for real.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Also, we were signing guys off the street to play defense. Our depth still sucks, but it seems like a lot of people forget how much better off we are now than a year ago. If injuries are limited, the Bears have an outside shot of stealing the division. Next year though, we should be competing for real.

Agree with this.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
too bad they aren't limited.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Past winners:

2015 - Washington (5 game improvement)
2014 - None (although Houston had a 7 game improvement)
2013 - Philadelphia (6), Carolina (5)
2012 - Washington (5)
2011 - Denver (4)
2010 - Kansas City (6)

So it seems as though there is always atleast one team with a dramatic improvement from one year to the next and sometimes multiple.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
The most obvious would be Dallas - for all the reasons the OP said, or Tennessee.

NFC East - Philly and NYG in transition. Washington will give Dallas a run, but I think Dallas wins the division if they stay healthy. Stacked at RB, great line, Dez, Whitten, etc. Secondary an issue again. I'd have to look at schedules.

AFC South - Tennessee could emerge. Jax on the rise, but not ready yet. I don't trust Houston and Osweiler (and Watt hurt). Indy is not a well rounded team.

That brings the others:

SD - always in the conversation. Boring. KC is always middling. Oakland on the rise and will win the division. Denver's offense won't be enough.
Cleveland - umm, no.
Bears - umm, no.
Tampa - not with Carolina in the picture
SF - nope. Chip Kelly has to prove himself.
Miami - Tannehill a bum and even with Brady out 4 games, playing in the hardest division in football. Jets/Buff/NE are gonna make for a very tight division.

Those listing the Bears high are kidding themselves. Minnesota and Green Bay have years more talent than the Bears do. Not to mention the two major concerns of injuries and depth. Every team needs difference makers - ones that are healthy. Do you see a difference maker on this roster RIGHT NOW? Alshon or White could emerge, but no AP, no Rodgers, no Jordy, no Harrison Smith. This is a team devoid of talent when compared to division rivals. The Bears will compete with Detroit for 3rd place in the division.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
We made them bastards our bitch in their house last year and i'm pretty sure it was when they were honoring B.Favre in some way that day as well. They might of been retiring his number/jersey that game.

And that matters why?

The Green Bay Packers are a better team than the Bears and they have been for the better part of 25 years. It's like the kid who got in one good punch while getting his ass beat in the fight.

Let's not let meatball homerism and one game cloud our thinking here. The Packers went on to advance in the players while missing one of the best WR (and THE most underrated player in the NFL) the entire season. The Bears went on to an early draft pick.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Besides that last most recent game eh? You know....where our lack of depth still made the Packers our bitch big time at their house on primetime on Thanksgiving:yep:

Dallas is the easy answer but their defense is bad and the skins could sneak in again

So one game out of 16 defines and entire season?

Last I checked, the Packers went on to the second round of the playoffs and the Bears went home to an early draft pick.

But apparently someone made someone someone's bitch and that matters how exactly?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

It's the NFL. Injuries are never limited.

It's why depth matters and as we've seen, the talent depth on this Bears team is frightening.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
So one game out of 16 defines and entire season?

Last I checked, the Packers went on to the second round of the playoffs and the Bears went home to an early draft pick.

But apparently someone made someone someone's bitch and that matters how exactly?

Hey Packer homer.....where did I ever say it defined a whole season or that the Bears were better? Try to respond on topic next time. As in, the most recent time these 2 teams played, the Bears shut down Rodgers big time and indeed made the Packers their bitch at their house on primetime during Favre's retirement night:yep:.....last time I checked that is.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Hey Packer homer.....where did I ever say it defined a whole season or that the Bears were better? Try to respond on topic next time. As in, the most recent time these 2 teams played, the Bears shut down Rodgers big time and indeed made the Packers their bitch at their house on primetime during Favre's retirement night:yep:.....last time I checked that is.

Packer homer? You aren't very smart are you?

Aaron Rodgers has consistently made the Bears his prison bitch. Dom Capers has made Cutler his bitch. So the Bears, en route to a 6-10 record, beat the Packers in one game. Yippee. The Packers then went 10-6 and deep into the playoffs. Like they do every year. The Packers play in the post season every year. They've won the division how many times of recent?

The reality is that any self respecting Bears fan, including this one, would happily switch places with the success that GB has had. GB has CONSISTENTLY been the cream of the crop in the NFL (like the Patriots) while the Bears have been a middle of the road to shitty team. That's just the reality.

Suggesting otherwise is just homer meatball stupidity. But hey the Bears, before they went 6-10 and drafted early yet again, 'made Rodgers their bitch' in one game :).

Btw, the Bears won by 4 points. Their leading rusher was Langdord with 48 yards. Cutler and Rodgers pretty much had identical stats.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Sorry fatbabyguy but the Packers suck. Outside of AR we have the better team. And do most years. MN is not shit either. Bears can and will compete for the div this year.

Meatballs and purple drank for breakfast?

The Packers don't suck. They don't suck at all. Neither does MN. Every person with a brain has both of those teams finishing better then the Bears and Detroit. As they should.

The Bears biggest challenges are a lack of overall talent (starters and depth), injuries and an overall lack of playmakers. But they have the 'better team'? What do like better, the always injured WR or the unproven WR? The shitty starting OL? The absolute question marks in the secondary? The running back by committee? The scrap heap tight ends?

With Nelson back healthy and Lacey having dropped 178 pounds, many have the Packers doing deep into they playoffs and rightfully so. They do every year.

I wish the script was flipped. I see no reason to think it will be.