Devin starting to grovel.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I would sign him to coach, when the nfl changed the rules it killed hesters career. still the goat though but time to retire devin

Wait, let me get this right - a guy who was marginal at best as a WR and had a VERY specific skill which was only highlighted on about 4 plays a game. A skill which has been diminished by rule changes. A guy who can barely put a coherent sentence together - should be brought in as a coach? A guy who clearly thinks he can still PLAY the game. Should be brought in as a coach? Just because?

Bizarre.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
For all of Devin's amazing returns early in his career, people are forgetting the fumbles, the muffs, the misplayed 'should I catch or let it go for touchback' and more importantly, the 'run backwards, lose 10 yards' thing.

One of the most exciting players in history of the league but high risk/reward.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
For all of Devin's amazing returns early in his career, people are forgetting the fumbles, the muffs, the misplayed 'should I catch or let it go for touchback' and more importantly, the 'run backwards, lose 10 yards' thing.

One of the most exciting players in history of the league but high risk/reward.
I can remember countless times that Hester would refuse to fair catch a ball at around the 15-20 yard line only to have it roll to the 5 yard line and be downed. The only thing that mitigated his poor decision making and his running backward on punt returns was that he had the ability to make you you say," NO, NO, NO, wait, YES YES YES YEEEEESSSS!!!," more than anyone in the history of punt returning.

Beyond nostalgic reasons, there is zero reason to consider the current version of Devin Hester as a PR or KR. And the idea of him coaching is comical.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol Hester coaching... haahahaa

"Just run a 4.2, hit top speed in two strides, and make cuts without slowing down. Got it?"

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Guys, for the umpteenth time he was just being sarcastic even though he meant every word.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can Hester and Fuller wear the same number? Maybe they can switch off between plays. Nobody would ever know unless DH opens his mouth

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
"Just run a 4.2, hit top speed in two strides, and make cuts without slowing down. Got it?"
If a human were to do those things this would be the result.
804.gif

Maybe he should tweet out how after running sprints, his watch no longer matches the current time due to his ability to warp the space time continuum.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
if I remember correctly hester never played a regular season snap on defense. would never work I think hester himself would agree.

He came in and played late in the year at DB when Chicago was a little worn down from injuries as a rookie. I remember one specific play, the last play against Detroit in 2006. Kitna threw a hail mary into the end zone and a Lions player caught it with Hester contesting, but Hester's leg swung up in midair and knocked the ball out of his hands. Clock expired and the Bears won.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A better return coach would be an actual coach who understands why Hester is successful and can teach the fundamentals to a raw talent who can run fast.

I don't know. TO me, a returner depends on instinct which I don't think you can coach. I remember listening to Sayers one time who I think was a tremendous returner and he talked about being able to run upright and see the entire field but from there it was just natural to him. Coaches can plan all they want to about how to set up a return but to me it comes down to the point of attack block. No returner does a return by himself. Someone needs to give him at least one good block.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
if he wants to coach I wouldn't say that he couldn't, nor would I trash a team that's willing to hire him to do so.

If Hester wanted to coach, I believe he would be able to do so, and I certainly wouldn't "trash" a team that gave him a chance at it.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thanks Novak. My eyes are bleeding from reading Papa's posts.

I do what I can, but somewhere out there papabears 3rd grade English teacher is slitting his/her wrists. Thoughts and prayers.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He's was great but the special teams unit at whole, coach included, was one of the best history.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we are a superbowl contender 1 KR/PR away sure......as it stands I would not drop Bellemy or Braverman for him.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I do what I can, but somewhere out there papabears 3rd grade English teacher is slitting his/her wrists. Thoughts and prayers.
this is a football forum not a English forum, no one cares about my spelling but you fuckface trolls that when you lose a debate you have to resort to other stupid shit to try and save face. you just make ccs and yourself look like fools.