CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Does it ever bother you that we have a lot more access than we probably should regarding the health of professional athletes? Today I learned that Bryan Stork has had 4 concussions. I'm not sure why I'm allowed to know that, but here I am. I realize there are rules regarding reporting of injuries, and I realize that Vegas/television are the real decision makers, but for the purposes of getting ready to watch a game is there any difference between reading;

Kyle Long, PROBABLE, Shoulder

or

Kyle Long, PROBABLE

??

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I think all manner of stuff that we care about is super bizarre. Especially when it comes to gf's/wives/sexual preferences, etc...

Here's an example of a thread that was started here, and my exact quoted response was "Man, that's just none of our fuckin business"

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/13/nfls-bryan-robinson-poppers-and-weed-found-at-death-scene/

When it comes to injuries, I guess it doesn't bother me as much. I guess I don't see it as invasive because it has a direct correlation to how they respond on the field, it's listed on a week to week basis, and it's not as personal, but I see where you're coming from.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
#VegasBetsMatter

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Society has begun to demand more transparency in all walks of life. Personally I don't feel I need to know that Storky has had any ailments, I mean I am never going to meet him and he may retire and take his beard with him, but that means nothing to me. I'm sure if you flipped it he wouldn't give a fuck about anything about me.

I blame the internet and people and most of all I blame twitter.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I blame all social media for turning the masses into fucking nosey obsessed stalkers that need to know everything about everyone.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Twitter doesn't stalk, people do.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Twitter doesn't stalk, people do.

Clearly. That is akin to saying guns don't kill, people with guns kill. Well, Facebook doesn't stalk but it sure as shit facilitates stalking.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
very true...always wondered this myself..considering HIPAA laws and all...

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You all seem interested in fucking w someone who has epileptic seizures, so I mean who cares about the information regarding professional athletes being known public?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You all seem interested in fucking w someone who has epileptic seizures, so I mean who cares about the information regarding professional athletes being known public?

There is no left field in football. Please stay on topic.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Point being is why wouldn't it it be public? You can simply either lol at the guy and make fun of his concussions, or move on with your day.

It's going to be public, theirs no problem with that.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Point being is why wouldn't it it be public? You can simply either lol at the guy and make fun of his concussions, or move on with your day.

It's going to be public, theirs no problem with that.

Because it's technically against the law to reveal medial information publicly?

I mean, you already demonstrated that it's not ok with you for people to fuck with your seizures. But apparently you have no problem with fucking with people about concussions.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

I mean, you already demonstrated that it's not ok with you for people to fuck with your seizures. But apparently you have no problem with fucking with people about concussions.

It's against the law to release information about players and their injuries? Is that a clause in the contract. Perhaps you're right, there tends to be a lot of "sources" who leak the info.

Does anyone know why these sources release info? Do reporters pay them or something

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Doesn't bother me a bit that grown men who make millions to play a kid's game in full view of a world-wide audience have chosen to give up some of their privacy in exchange for a lavish lifestyle in the limelight.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't disagree. But they still do it. And billions are wagered in Vegas and daily & weekly fantasy leagues. Some things-money-must trump HIPA laws.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Doesn't bother me a bit that grown men who make millions to play a kid's game in full view of a world-wide audience have chosen to give up some of their privacy in exchange for a lavish lifestyle in the limelight.

How about Eric Berry? Should he have to make public that he has cancer just because he makes millions of dollars playing a kid's game?