Connor Shaw injury....

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It's weird that an injury where somebody's leg is literally hanging by a few threads isn't as serious, to an athlete, as ACL or ligament damage.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Sidebar question - is Fales hurt?

It was curious to see Hoyer go back in to replace Shaw, with 4th team players out on the field for both sides. NFL teams usually aren't going to risk playing their backup quarterback in the last two minutes of a preseason game...

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

It was curious to see Hoyer go back in to replace Shaw, with 4th team players out on the field for both sides. NFL teams usually aren't going to risk playing their backup quarterback in the last two minutes of a preseason game...

I saw Fales out there warming up after Shaw went out, so I assume he's healthy enough to play. The Bears must just not like him anymore.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
just wow. sure wish shaw a speedy recovery. anyone know why that DL left his feet? i mean the guy jumped on shaw. isn't there somekind of rule about that? no flag was thrown and an official was right there. apparently unrien got flagged for a hit. ya watch the play a few times, that guy knew what he was doing. looked like a 300lb DL trying a high jump. guy was waist high off his feet.

Bort

Liked Posts:

They were trying to give Hoyer a self esteem boost by letting him play a few snaps against guys who are going to be cut on Tuesday

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just kind of throwing this out there.

Has any one else realized that it has been more than a decade since we have had a ((( good ))) offensive line ? Maybe that has something to do with all the injuries our QB's receive and why the QB play has been sub par for an equal length of time ...

Sure it does. And this fact also means that whoever our quarterback is, he has to be mobile in order to save his own hide.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
just wow. sure wish shaw a speedy recovery. anyone know why that DL left his feet? i mean the guy jumped on shaw. isn't there somekind of rule about that? no flag was thrown and an official was right there. apparently unrien got flagged for a hit. ya watch the play a few times, that guy knew what he was doing. looked like a 300lb DL trying a high jump. guy was waist high off his feet.
I think you are reading too much into it. Guy tried to sack the QB, there is no rule about leaving his feet. It was unfortunate, end of story.

Honestly, Fox would never go with such an inexperienced guy at #2. In reality, it doesn't effect the Bears in the least. He will heal up and maybe be on the PS mid-season. And if you want to get real honest, it allows the Bears to bring in a guy , like potentially Kevin Hogan, that could be a numbers cut, to the PS and see what they can do. Once Shaw is healed they can either resign him or stick with whomever they decide to add to the PS.

baredown

Liked Posts:
I saw Fales out there warming up after Shaw went out, so I assume he's healthy enough to play. The Bears must just not like him anymore.

OK, thanks. But even if the Bears see Fales as dead meat as a quarterback, isn't that normally a situation where they would play him? At that point, all they should want to do is avoid injuries to anyone that might make the 53. As it is, I suspect Fales will be expected to play the whole game on Thursday. Even if they sign another QB, no way that guy could be ready to play on Thursday...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you are reading too much into it. Guy tried to sack the QB, there is no rule about leaving his feet. It was unfortunate, end of story.

Honestly, Fox would never go with such an inexperienced guy at #2. In reality, it doesn't effect the Bears in the least. He will heal up and maybe be on the PS mid-season. And if you want to get real honest, it allows the Bears to bring in a guy , like potentially Kevin Hogan, that could be a numbers cut, to the PS and see what they can do. Once Shaw is healed they can either resign him or stick with whomever they decide to add to the PS.

It looks to me like he probably broke both bones and will need a plate and a bunch of screws. I doubt he's weight bearing for about 2 months so probably IR for the year.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
It looks to me like he probably broke both bones and will need a plate and a bunch of screws. I doubt he's weight bearing for about 2 months so probably IR for the year.

If his body rejects the metal and screws ,it will mean an additional surgery to remove them. Now it's closer to two seasons.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's pretty rare. Why a long recovery from removing some hardware? I would think a few months at most.

xcutioner1977

Liked Posts:
Just kind of throwing this out there.

Has any one else realized that it has been more than a decade since we have had a ((( good ))) offensive line ? Maybe that has something to do with all the injuries our QB's receive and why the QB play has been sub par for an equal length of time ...

update its been more then a decade since we had a good team let alone an o-line

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's weird that an injury where somebody's leg is literally hanging by a few threads isn't as serious, to an athlete, as ACL or ligament damage.

valid point, bone vs ligament injury...bone has a better prognosis

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
When Shaw came in and immediately led them to a TD. Then was having a nice 2nd drive, was I the only one hoping he was going to take over the #2 spot?

This sucks.

I think Fales not getting in, is an indication of where he stands with the coaches at this point. Was probably headed to cutsville, but was just saved by Connor Shaw's leg.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same backups Hoyer couldn't score on. He was on his way to taking that 2nd string job. He has been with Logan for a long time I guess and knows his system, excels in it really. Horrible for him and us.

Really sad, the only bright spot in an otherwise abysmal performance by the Bears. I was starting to think the Bears might be able to ship Hoyer to Dallas for a decent 2nd string O-lineman, then that happened. If Cutler gets hurt, this is going to be a 3 win team.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's a real shame and I wish Shaw a speedy recovery.

Shaw was never going to be the #2 without Hoyer or Cutler getting hurt.

Hoyer: W-L 15-11, 38 TD's, 26 picks, 82.2 rating.
Shaw: W-L 0-1, 0 TD's, 1 pick, 55.2 rating.

I understand how much we all love 3rd stringers in August. Peter Tom Willis was great 26 Augusts ago.

Willis: W-L 0-3, 6 TD's, 15 picks, 54.9 rating.

It's nice to see Shaw get all the love here, but really, career 3rd stringer.