Connor Shaw injury....

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you watch the vine of the hit posted earlier in the thread a couple times over I'm not sure how you could draw any other conclusion. Its made even worse by the fact the game didn't even count and he had pretty much nothing to gain by hitting him like that.

Anyone have a video of that?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I feel like you have to be either blind or Special person to say that Hoyer is "infinitely better" than Shaw after watching them through the first 3 preseason games.

I've already explained this. It's August

Shaw was never going to be the #2 without Hoyer or Cutler getting hurt.

Hoyer: W-L 15-11, 38 TD's, 26 picks, 82.2 rating.
Shaw: W-L 0-1, 0 TD's, 1 pick, 55.2 rating.

I understand how much we all love 3rd stringers in August. Peter Tom Willis was great 26 Augusts ago.

Willis: W-L 0-3, 6 TD's, 15 picks, 54.9 rating.

It's nice to see Shaw get all the love here, but really, career 3rd stringer.

Maybe Canada.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love for the BEars to acquire Hogan if they can.

I'd prefer Aaron Murray personally. KC is stacked with backup QBs though.

I'd rather have Murray who has better mechanics and has been developed by Reid for a year or two already. Plus I liked him coming out much more than Hogan.

Kolb, Murray, Hogan would all be an upgrade over Hoyer IMO.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Yeah I was all aboard the Murray bandwagon when he came out of college a few years back. Not that I ever thought the Bears would be able to develop him. After watching him Saturday i'd very much like him on the Bears!

Nick80

Liked Posts:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Chiefs have made QB Aaron Murray available for trade.
After signing Nick Foles to backup Alex Smith, the Chiefs were never going to keep both Murray and Tyler Bray. A 2014 fifth-rounder, Murray could be interesting to a team desperate for a low-cost backup. Murray will likely be waived if the Chiefs cannot work out a deal.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Chiefs have made QB Aaron Murray available for trade.
After signing Nick Foles to backup Alex Smith, the Chiefs were never going to keep both Murray and Tyler Bray. A 2014 fifth-rounder, Murray could be interesting to a team desperate for a low-cost backup. Murray will likely be waived if the Chiefs cannot work out a deal.

Does it look like Hogan will go to the practice squad, then?

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Does it look like Hogan will go to the practice squad, then?

I think Bray is injured, not 100% on that, which would mean Hogan may well go onto the 53 roster. If I can find anything I will let you know mate.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/18040/chiefs-53-man-roster-projection-includes-tyler-bray-as-the-no-3-qb

tl;dr version

QUARTERBACK (3): Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Tyler Bray. The first two are set. Bray didn't distinguish himself during the preseason, and his recent neck injury came at an inopportune time. But the Chiefs have stuck with him through too much to give up on him now. Aaron Murray’s fumbles in the recent preseason game against the Los Angeles Rams might have killed his chance to make the team. Kevin Hogan looks like a practice squad candidate.

Doesn't say much about much here so make of it what you will.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why people like Hogan. He has the ugliest throwing motion I've ever seen from any quarterback who has ever been drafted by an NFL team.

The Kevin Hogan throwing method:

Wind up like you're about to throw a javelin....

hogan-javelin.jpg

....and then HNNNNNNGGHGHGHHGH!!!

kevin-hogan.jpg