Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 63

Thread: 5 yr plan

  1. #1
    Senior Member hester247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    336
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default 5 yr plan

    so uh...its now year 2 under Pace and this team looks worse than ever....5 yr rebuild is not as ridiculous as it sounded 2 yrs ago is it

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to hester247 For This Useful Post:


  4. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23,190

    Default

    you came back to make this stupid thread?

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to botfly10 For This Useful Post:


  6. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    30,607
    Sports Logo

    Default

    year 5, when most draftees won't re-sign after their rookie contracts expire. perfect.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to tardigrade For This Useful Post:


  8. #4
    Senior Member r1terrell23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    If this is a 5 year rebuild and we are a bottom team then the fans should be paying bottom prices for tickets.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to r1terrell23 For This Useful Post:


  10. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,247
    Sports Logo

    Default

    Are you Legion?

  11. #6
    Senior Member Mongo_76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,542
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Nothing like instituting a 5 year plan in a league where teams turn it around in 2.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mongo_76 For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,768

    Default

    I remember saying 5 yr rebuild here a year ago and some people were like "NO WAY! You're just a pessimist wah"

    pffft.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ikkoikki For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Senior Member Burrberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    We been hovering around 7-9, 8-8 too much.

    Ready to embrace the dumpster fire and get a top rated QB. Watson, Kaaya, Falk come here plz.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Burrberry For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,805
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikkoikki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember saying 5 yr rebuild here a year ago and some people were like "NO WAY! You're just a pessimist wah"

    pffft.
    So you are #calledit on a 5 year rebuild after 1 season and zero games of significance in season 2.

    You may be getting ahead of yourself, sonny.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iueyedoc For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you are #calledit on a 5 year rebuild after 1 season and zero games of significance in season 2.

    You may be getting ahead of yourself, sonny.
    Yes because many people could see the roster was old and the cupboard was completely bare after years of Angelo and Emery fail drafts.

    The fact that SOME other teams turn it around in 1 or 2 years holds no relevance for this franchise, I'm afraid. We're special. And as we can see, God hates us and won't allow us to prosper.

    Besides I don't even think you can call it a true rebuild until you draft a QB you can legitimately develop to be your future. The fact that Cutler is still here suggests that the rebuild hasn't even started imo. It's year 2 already of Pace, the people who were saying 2-3 years better hope the Bears ar a hell of a lot better next year than they will be this year or else the 5 year projection is starting to look a lot more likely than the optimistic scenario of s quick turnaround. We don't even know if Pace knows what he's doing yet. Jury still out.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ikkoikki For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    what the whaaaaat? xer0h0ur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL.
    Posts
    14,965
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikkoikki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes because many people could see the roster was old and the cupboard was completely bare after years of Angelo and Emery fail drafts.

    The fact that SOME other teams turn it around in 1 or 2 years holds no relevance for this franchise, I'm afraid. We're special. And as we can see, God hates us and won't allow us to prosper.

    Besides I don't even think you can call it a true rebuild until you draft a QB you can legitimately develop to be your future. The fact that Cutler is still here suggests that the rebuild hasn't even started imo. It's year 2 already of Pace, the people who were saying 2-3 years better hope the Bears ar a hell of a lot better next year than they will be this year or else the 5 year projection is starting to look a lot more likely than the optimistic scenario of s quick turnaround. We don't even know if Pace knows what he's doing yet. Jury still out.
    I believe people were thinking 2 or 3 years before the team would be competitive again in the playoffs. If anyone expected a full team rebuild starters and backups in 2 or 3 years then they were doing some harder drugs than the shit Raskolnikov is doing.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xer0h0ur For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    you can't trust this guy to make a simple first round pick, how the fuck we gonna trust him with a FIVE YEAR PLAN!!! fuck no!! burn it down!!! seen enough!! blow it up!!!

    Fangio for head coach and get a GM in here from a front office thats actually proven competency, not the slowly destructing Saints.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Raskolnikov For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    CCS Donator BearFanJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Five year plans and new deals wrapped in golden chains....

  26. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tardigrade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    year 5, when most draftees won't re-sign after their rookie contracts expire. perfect.
    Not to mention just in time to bring in a whole new FO after everyone is fired. Hey, at least the new guys will have a freshly rebuilt team to take over.

  27. #15
    False Prophet AussieBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10,185
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    every year my expectations of a utopian society and dat adept bears squad is devoured by dat concrete consciousness of subsisting excrement.. The world is ran by less haired monkeys and i cannot even remember to regularly flush the toilet after takin dat laboring shAt. be mo better becze i cantz homeboi

  28. #16
    what the whaaaaat? xer0h0ur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL.
    Posts
    14,965
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    When did this schmuck wake up out of his Big Trag coma?

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to xer0h0ur For This Useful Post:


  30. #17
    Senior Member PAPABEAR77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    2,877
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I just came home from work and have not watched the whole game yet in the second. the offense is in shambles can you say 0-16. #with the first pick of the 2017 draft the Chicago bears select....
    Hidden Content

    BEAR DOWN

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to PAPABEAR77 For This Useful Post:


  32. #18
    Senior Member Chicago Staleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,361

    Default

    It's funny how we look worse then last year. Is that how a rebuild is suppose to work?

    Can remember the source but last year they predicted the Bears would have first pick in the 2017 draft. Genius!

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Chicago Staleys For This Useful Post:


  34. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8,893

    Default

    So one year and three preseason games into a rebuild is a good time to judge the final product, logic is strong with this OP.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to BearsFan51 For This Useful Post:


  36. #20
    Senior Member Burrberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Staleys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's funny how we look worse then last year. Is that how a rebuild is suppose to work?

    Can remember the source but last year they predicted the Bears would have first pick in the 2017 draft. Genius!
    It was Walter Football and it's still dumb considering his reasoning was essentially they'd be picking #1... just because. He literally had no reasoning and this was before free agency. Although in hindsight he might look like nostradamus if this offense can't get anything clicking.

  37. #21
    Senior Member hester247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    336
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing like instituting a 5 year plan in a league where teams turn it around in 2.

    so its year 2 and this team is trending like an anchor is tied to its waste. Pace hasn't shown the ability to hit on a draft pick yet and his major Free agents signings are not looking so hot..i know its early and I will give Trevathan and Freeman a pass right now....but Knock on McPhee was his knee's coming out of Baltimore and he is looking pretty done right about now..Bobbie Massie cant pass block and that was why Cardinals lets him go in Free Agency..well he looks like the new RT turnstile....how about a TE seems we dont have 1 of those on the roster...CB depth has been a problem since last yr...no problem plug some 6th round rookies in and call it a day...I mean he has hit maybe on 1 pick where you see the potential and think wow they might have something here in Bullard

  38. #22
    Senior Member hester247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    336
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    oh and just in case you dont remember Jeffrey wants out..so there is another WR after next yr Pace will likely be needing to replace...along with new LT,RT,QB,TE, CB'S, S

  39. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •