5 yr plan

hester247

Liked Posts:
Nothing like instituting a 5 year plan in a league where teams turn it around in 2.

so its year 2 and this team is trending like an anchor is tied to its waste. Pace hasn't shown the ability to hit on a draft pick yet and his major Free agents signings are not looking so hot..i know its early and I will give Trevathan and Freeman a pass right now....but Knock on McPhee was his knee's coming out of Baltimore and he is looking pretty done right about now..Bobbie Massie cant pass block and that was why Cardinals lets him go in Free Agency..well he looks like the new RT turnstile....how about a TE seems we dont have 1 of those on the roster...CB depth has been a problem since last yr...no problem plug some 6th round rookies in and call it a day...I mean he has hit maybe on 1 pick where you see the potential and think wow they might have something here in Bullard

hester247

Liked Posts:
oh and just in case you dont remember Jeffrey wants out..so there is another WR after next yr Pace will likely be needing to replace...along with new LT,RT,QB,TE, CB'S, S

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If you wanna say it is going to take the Bears 5 years because mgmt is inept, that is your opinion and it is valid I guess.

If you wanna say that it is normal for a NFL team that hit rock bottom to take 5 years to rebuild - if that rebuild is done correctly, then I will say you are wrong.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
If you wanna say it is going to take the Bears 5 years because mgmt is inept, that is your opinion and it is valid I guess.

If you wanna say that it is normal for a NFL team that hit rock bottom to take 5 years to rebuild - if that rebuild is done correctly, then I will say you are wrong.

we don't know if it's being done correctly.

hester247

Liked Posts:
That is an entirely different argument. My point is that if it was done correctly, it wouldn't take 5 years.

If it isn't done correctly, it could take 100 years.

that's all i am really saying is yes i fully can acknowledge that very well run organizations can turn around a football team in 2-3 yrs i honestly see nothing in Pace thats speaks to that ability..by the time his drafts start catching up then the free agents he has signed like McPhee, Trevathan, Freeman, Massie will be long in the tooth and need replacing as well. Yes alot has to do with Emery and lack of ability to hit on damn near anyone in 3 yrs outside of Long and Jeffrey. I mean for christ sake Cutler is gone next yr so now its rebuild again under a rookie QB and then try and rebuild the OL aroun Long, Grassu, and Whitehair because both bookend tackles need to be replaced. The TE position is an NFL embaressment. The RB position is nothing Special and Jeffrey by all accounts seems to want out (creating another hole)...its just seems like an endless hole of replacing talent

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
that's all i am really saying is yes i fully can acknowledge that very well run organizations can turn around a football team in 2-3 yrs i honestly see nothing in Pace thats speaks to that ability..by the time his drafts start catching up then the free agents he has signed like McPhee, Trevathan, Freeman, Massie will be long in the tooth and need replacing as well. Yes alot has to do with Emery and lack of ability to hit on damn near anyone in 3 yrs outside of Long and Jeffrey. I mean for christ sake Cutler is gone next yr so now its rebuild again under a rookie QB and then try and rebuild the OL aroun Long, Grassu, and Whitehair because both bookend tackles need to be replaced. The TE position is an NFL embaressment. The RB position is nothing Special and Jeffrey by all accounts seems to want out (creating another hole)...its just seems like an endless hole of replacing talent

Gotcha. I think it is a bit too early to tell but I understand your logic. As a fan, there really isn't any optimism that can be justified so far by results on the field.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
That is an entirely different argument. My point is that if it was done correctly, it wouldn't take 5 years.

If it isn't done correctly, it could take 100 years.

Does 'being done correctly' entail a best case scenario? Because I think it's far more likely for there to be hits and misses in the draft. Far more misses than hits.

I know fans tend to think every draft pick made has potential and is likely to live up to that potential but...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Does 'being done correctly' entail a best case scenario? Because I think it's far more likely for there to be hits and misses in the draft. Far more misses than hits.

I know fans tend to think every draft pick made has potential and is likely to live up to that potential but...

Not a best case scenario, but hitting on your top picks and finding contributors later in the draft. Seattle was probably a best case scenario rebuild FWIW.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Just when I thought shit couldn't get any dumber. No new GM would ever make it 5 years if they spent all of those years in "rebuild" mode. It normally takes 3 years at the most. 2 with a decent level of competency and some teams have turned things around in 1

Applefan

Liked Posts:
The CBA expires after the 2020/21 season if i'm not mistaken. Our goal should be to win at minimum 1 Super Bowl by then. Not get to, WIN.

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
I thought the unofficial timeline from Pace's perspective was Year 1 get things in order, Year 2 compete for a WC spot, Year 3 compete for the Division. I forgot where I read this, but that seemed reasonable at the time. Football has more parity than any other sport. This isn't baseball or basketball where 5 years is an acceptable time period to turn around a team. Three years is plenty in the NFL.

hester247

Liked Posts:
I thought the unofficial timeline from Pace's perspective was Year 1 get things in order, Year 2 compete for a WC spot, Year 3 compete for the Division. I forgot where I read this, but that seemed reasonable at the time. Football has more parity than any other sport. This isn't baseball or basketball where 5 years is an acceptable time period to turn around a team. Three years is plenty in the NFL.

So next season when they need to draft a QB draft a TE, LT, RT, 2 CBs a S.....What will the excuse be?.give them another yr..onto yr 4

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace may be saying one thing but his actions clearly show his true intentions and that has nothing to do with being competitive for the division in 3 seasons from when he took over.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Pace may be saying one thing but his actions clearly show his true intentions and that has nothing to do with being competitive for the division in 3 seasons from when he took over.

He has been here for 3 seasons? God damn, that nap I took must have been longer than I thought.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
so uh...its now year 2 under Pace and this team looks worse than ever....5 yr rebuild is not as ridiculous as it sounded 2 yrs ago is it

How old are you now? You have been this whiny and emo since the original cbmb. I would have thought some would have grown up by now.....

Our team was old and void of talent. The teams you see with quick turnarounds wasn't a talent issue but coaching leadership for example the transition in San Fran from singletary to harbaugh. give it a chance everyone wanted a rebuild well this is the pain that goes with it. And of pace does his job right we will have something to enjoy in the long term and of not on to the next gm

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has been here for 3 seasons? God damn, that nap I took must have been longer than I thought.

Were also not going to compete for a wildcard spot this season either in year two. He will be lucky to be competing for the division in 4 years. This team has proven time and time again that we don't have the depth to withstand injuries. Even if Pace does a phenomenal job putting starters in place (of which I have my doubts) then he still wouldn't be able to have good enough backups to the starters either, by season 3. I am looking ahead. If you want to focus on the now that is all you.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Were also not going to compete for a wildcard spot this season either in year two. He will be lucky to be competing for the division in 4 years. This team has proven time and time again that we don't have the depth to withstand injuries. Even if Pace does a phenomenal job putting starters in place (of which I have my doubts) then he still wouldn't be able to have good enough backups to the starters either, by season 3. I am looking ahead. If you want to focus on the now that is all you.

No team in the NFL has solid backups in every position. Hell, not sure any team has solid backups in all key positions. Every year you see teams make the playoffs because they either, get healthy at the right time, or have a very good to elite QB that can mask the deficiencies of their roster.
So if you are waiting for the day that Pace has quality backups at all the key positions, then sure, I will hop on your Pace is going to fail wagon.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
so uh...its now year 2 under Pace and this team looks worse than ever....5 yr rebuild is not as ridiculous as it sounded 2 yrs ago is it

v-vendetta-rod_zpsoc1slehq.gif