HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No team in the NFL has solid backups in every position. Hell, not sure any team has solid backups in all key positions. Every year you see teams make the playoffs because they either, get healthy at the right time, or have a very good to elite QB that can mask the deficiencies of their roster.
So if you are waiting for the day that Pace has quality backups at all the key positions, then sure, I will hop on your Pace is going to fail wagon.

Can you knock it off with your strawmans already. I am not being unrealistic here. I am just asking for respectable starters and somewhat competent NFL caliber backups. Were not there on either front. Which is why I am saying its pathetic to believe we will be competing for a WC this year or for the Division next year. Is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

Ryan is not on pace for his own bullshit plan. He is talking out of his ass.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Can you knock it off with your strawmans already. I am not being unrealistic here. I am just asking for respectable starters and somewhat competent NFL caliber backups. Were not there on either front. Which is why I am saying its pathetic to believe we will be competing for a WC this year or for the Division next year. Is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

So you accuse me of strawmanning, Then respond to me about competing for a WC this year, when I didn't say anything about competing for anything this year? Mkay...

I thought I responded to a post about Pace having quality depth to compete for the division in 4 years. Weird..

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you accuse me of strawmanning, Then respond to me about competing for a WC this year, when I didn't say anything about competing for anything this year? Mkay...

I thought I responded to a post about Pace having quality depth to compete for the division in 4 years. Weird..

I am really trying hard to not lob insults at you right now. You're responding to me. Not me to you. I am clarifying what I am talking about. If you can't understand that then I am wasting time here.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I am really trying hard to not lob insults at you right now. You're responding to me. Not me to you. I am clarifying what I am talking about. If you can't understand that then I am wasting time here.

Lob away, I'd be interested to see what you have to say. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with your Pace expectations without flying off the handle, then so be it.

Edit: Not to mention, my initial response was just giving you shit about saying Pace was here for 3 seasons (and that was all I commented on). Then you went off on me with some rant about competing for a WC this year and so on.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lob away, I'd be interested to see what you have to say. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with your Pace expectations without flying off the handle, then so be it.

Well my comment was coming from someone's post stating Pace's 3 year plan. And I was saying that if that was his roadmap that he isn't on track for it. He might have said that was his plan but his actions have so far pointed to a 4 or 5 year rebuild to get to the point of regularly competing for the division.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Well my comment was coming from someone's post stating Pace's 3 year plan. And I was saying that if that was his roadmap that he isn't on track for it. He might have said that was his plan but his actions have so far pointed to a 4 or 5 year rebuild to get to the point of regularly competing for the division.

Fukit, Nvm. Whatever you say.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ima have to double that fackit conclusion. Sounds like both of us had different ideas of what we were talking about.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Ima have to double that fackit conclusion. Sounds like both of us had different ideas of what we were talking about.

raw

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I remember saying 5 yr rebuild here a year ago and some people were like "NO WAY! You're just a pessimist wah"

pffft.

No, people think it's more Special person than pessimism. This isn't baseball. Teams don't have control over players for that long if the team generally sucks.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
We just right now do not have a star on any side of our team. Not one is. Thats kinda of unheard of. There isnt even someone on the brink of stardom. Alshon is the closest outside of that i dont see one guy and say he is a top 3 players in his position.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We just right now do not have a star on any side of our team. Not one is. Thats kinda of unheard of. There isnt even someone on the brink of stardom. Alshon is the closest outside of that i dont see one guy and say he is a top 3 players in his position.

Assuming he is healthy, Long is a star in the league. Still wanted to keep him at tackle, though. I also think that Bullard and Whitehair have a chance at being pretty special. Unfortunately these are trenches guys and the BEar's really lack talent at the skill positions who are really the players that make or break games for a team.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
When I see '5 Year Plan' - I think 'yes, the plan is that they will be mediocre to suck in 5 years, as always'.

But I'll be an optimist - '5 Year Plan' is a great song from DRI from the album 'Crossover' when they went more metal. So, I'll just listen to that and be happy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Well said. When you look at the starters on offense, we really are only seeing, two quality NFL starters, namely Long and Jeffrey. But when you go to the 2nd string, it really gets bleak. There is no excuse for it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Assuming he is healthy, Long is a star in the league. Still wanted to keep him at tackle, though. I also think that Bullard and Whitehair have a chance at being pretty special. Unfortunately these are trenches guys and the BEar's really lack talent at the skill positions who are really the players that make or break games for a team.

Add Goldman to the list. ANother trenches guy. He is a beast in the interior of the line.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Add Goldman to the list. ANother trenches guy. He is a beast in the interior of the line.
Just not a star. He isnt a guy that others around the league are yet talking about. Eventually he may be but we should have one damn guy who is the elite player in the league and we dont have any. A Guard is our star - thats messed up.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just not a star. He isnt a guy that others around the league are yet talking about. Eventually he may be but we should have one damn guy who is the elite player in the league and we dont have any. A Guard is our star - thats messed up.

I know and I agree. We are just so damned weak at skilled positions. Other than Jeffrey, the Bear's have none that could even be classified as better than average let alone elite.

hester247

Liked Posts:
so uh...its now year 2 under Pace and this team looks worse than ever....5 yr rebuild is not as ridiculous as it sounded 2 yrs ago is it

hmmmmmmmmmm......what year is it now? Getting closer to the 5 yr plan I suggested because the organization is run by dumb fucks

hester247

Liked Posts:
so another 1st rd pick who wont impact the team next season...this is yr 3 folks..5 yr plan was an absolute reach ...looks to be more of a 6-7 yr plan...yr 3 and people are still giving Pace a pass unfucking real....total bust of Free agency and now mortgaged the draft to pick a QB who played 13career college games...00% lock that he trades pick #36 to gain more picks in stead of drafting a day 1 starter like Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Budda Baker, S, Cam Robinson, OT, Tim Williams, OLB, Kevin King, CB

hester247

Liked Posts:
bump....well looks like next yr is yr 4 of my 5 yr plan that people talked shit about at the time..how much closer are we now?