5 yr plan

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Besides I don't even think you can call it a true rebuild until you draft a QB you can legitimately develop to be your future. The fact that Cutler is still here suggests that the rebuild hasn't even started imo.

This line of thinking was all over threads 2 years ago and I've never understood it. Was this more related to when fans should look for signs of improvement (don't expect real improvement until the bears acquire a developmental QB)? Or was it supposed to be about how we judge the roster moves of Pace (we can't really look at the moves in the context of a rebuild because it hasn't started yet)? I want to say sparty was also on this line of thinking (could be wrong, but that is my recollection) maybe someone can clarify for me.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
qpkt1x.jpg

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Damn, it feels good to be so right a couple yrs ago.....

I don't think we're as far as we ever were, and I don't ascertain how far a football team is from success from record alone or even primarily in one yr windows.

We can get to competing for a playoff spot next yr. It isn't PROBABLE, but it's possible.

We need to bring in MANY OPTIONS at receiver and TE. We need to pick up 1 or 2 quality DBs.

If we find even average receiving options, and MT continues to progress even normally (1st yr to 2nd yr is usually a huge jump), we can expect to be a middle of the road team if the other areas hold up.

Right now we don't have one legit starting receiver or a starting TE. That's a huge handicap for any QB much less a 1st yr starter with one yr of major college experience. People aren't excited enough about MT imho....