It looks like Pace is Incompetent

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Pace has arguablely had the best 2 drafts of the last decade for the Bears on his first 2 years on the job.
Isn't it a little early to say with certainty that those drafts are such successes? And even then, the bar was not overly high if you're going to try and compare his drafts to Emery/Angelo. It's easy to argue that it will take more than just simply a series of "non-disastrous" drafts to make this team a competitor again.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I told you nitwits that Pace is a Moron over a year ago and did anyone listen? Now this thread starting Pace Bandwagon Hater jumps in and start this lame thread

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Pace has arguablely had the best 2 drafts of the last decade for the Bears on his first 2 years on the job.

He has signed free agents to reasonable contracts and many look like they will improve the team. Hicks, Freeman and Trevathan were praticularly strong free agent periods.

Bennett, Marshall, Forte, all of those moves makes sense for a team trying to rebuild a locker room and get younger.

Slauson is a head scratcher.
Windy, tell us again how this OL is underrated?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The OL will be fine as long as they do not suffer anymore injuries.

Is this a serious statement? Can you even say how many seasons in the past 10 years we have gone without injuries on the offensive line during the regular season. You're basically saying were fucked and its merely matter of time.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Must've been real tough for him to get to the top of that mountain.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Manny Ramirez was depth (started 65 games for DET & DEN). He was signed 3/30. He retired on 6/8. Nate Chandler was depth (started 19 games for CAR). He was signed on 6/2. He retired 7/23. Obviously they didn’t figure these two guys would retire when they signed them. Obviously they didn’t figure Grasu would have a season-ending knee injury. Will Montgomery was last year’s starting center, but was IR’d after an injury last October. I have no idea if the BEARS had any interest in re-signing him after Grasu went down, but Biggs said that Montgomery is happily retired.

My guess is Slauson didn't want to be a backup, so the BEARS let him go early (cut 5/1). They gave him a chance to find another team. They did right by him. Maybe they just didn’t want him, IDK. But it’s easy to look back now and say it was stupid to let him go. They cut him before losing 2 guys to retirement and 1 guy to a season-ending injury. Nobody could’ve predicted 2 retirements and a season-ending injury.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
55743719.jpg

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manny Ramirez was depth (started 65 games for DET & DEN). He was signed 3/30. He retired on 6/8. Nate Chandler was depth (started 19 games for CAR). He was signed on 6/2. He retired 7/23. Obviously they didn’t figure these two guys would retire when they signed them. Obviously they didn’t figure Grasu would have a season-ending knee injury. Will Montgomery was last year’s starting center, but was IR’d after an injury last October. I have no idea if the BEARS had any interest in re-signing him after Grasu went down, but Biggs said that Montgomery is happily retired.

My guess is Slauson didn't want to be a backup, so the BEARS let him go early (cut 5/1). They gave him a chance to find another team. They did right by him. Maybe they just didn’t want him, IDK. But it’s easy to look back now and say it was stupid to let him go. They cut him before losing 2 guys to retirement and 1 guy to a season-ending injury. Nobody could’ve predicted 2 retirements and a season-ending injury.

Ramirez was from a pathetic Lions O-line in which he was cut from (that should tell you something). Grasu sucked last year. Chandler was worse than Ramirez. Pace tried to get cute with the O-line and it backfired miserably.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's still early, but the warning signs are there just like ith Emery. Draft picks not producing, and stupid roster moves like cutting slauson on a team with no depth. I hope I'm wrong and he becomes one of the best young gms in the NFL, but I doubt it. Seems to be in over his head and letting John Fox call all the shots.

well keep in mind, Pace is learning on da job. Pace never had "GM exp." 2 begin with. So if he goes 2 another team, he will know what 2 do and not do as a GM.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think Pace is doing a pretty good job. He got a veteran HC with a history of success, and paired him with a DC who is one of the best at getting the most out of his players. I think his drafting has been solid because he is getting players that fit the schemes his coaches are implementing. We are getting younger, and avoiding overpaying for FAs.

These are all things you want to happen when you are turning around a franchise that hasnt been shit for a decade.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yeah you're right. Extending Willie Young makes me forget about letting go of Bennett, Marshall, Forte, Slauson and mishandling Alshon's extension in every way possible. Who needs talent when you can leave gaping holes on your roster. Amirite?

Bennett and Marshall were easy decisions. No new regime is going to put up with guys that put their agendas before team. Denver, Miami and Chicago all came to the same conclusion on Marshall. As for Bennett, he was awful last year.

Forte was a great Bear but it's better to be a year early than a year late with running backs. The love for Slauson on this board is astonishing.

Also, I'm curious how Pace screwed up the negotiation with Jeffery? Please share all of your inside information. If Jeffery stays healthy and kills it this year, the Bears will franchise him again and close a deal. If the Bears had paid Jeffery WR1 money this year and he was injured again, I bet you'd be on here killing Pace for signing him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bennett and Marshall were easy decisions. No new regime is going to put up with guys that put their agendas before team. Denver, Miami and Chicago all came to the same conclusion on Marshall. As for Bennett, he was awful last year.

Forte was a great Bear but it's better to be a year early than a year late with running backs. The love for Slauson on this board is astonishing.

Also, I'm curious how Pace screwed up the negotiation with Jeffery? Please share all of your inside information. If Jeffery stays healthy and kills it this year, the Bears will franchise him again and close a deal. If the Bears had paid Jeffery WR1 money this year and he was injured again, I bet you'd be on here killing Pace for signing him.

The Bears will not franchise Jeffery next year.