It looks like Pace is Incompetent

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not worth 17.5 mil, for one, and franchising a player two consecutive years is extremely rare. That would equate to 31 mil over the last two years, and makes Pace look like an idiot for not signing him to a long term deal.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
All I know is Pace seems so far to date like the best GM the Bears have had out of the past 2 (Angelo and Emery). Obviously, that's not saying a whole lot...but it does look like he has an approach that he's sticking to and it does seem that he's competent in the draft. He also hasn't handed out any crazy crippling long term contracts either. The team he inherited was such a mess, lacking upper talent as well as lower depth, that no one in their right mind should have expected a 2 year turn around. I still think Pace can make this team a contender in another year, or two years tops. If he does that, he did his job and then some because this team was utter trash and devoid of talent, youth , leadership, and competence before he took over.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Brilliant thread. Keep in mind this is the same OP that started a thread that hiring John Fox was a mistake cause he's 60 and has heart problems.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's not worth 17.5 mil, for one, and franchising a player two consecutive years is extremely rare. That would equate to 31 mil over the last two years, and makes Pace look like an idiot for not signing him to a long term deal.

Well at least one person has some semblance of brain activity up there. If you were at any point willing to double franchise tag a player over some bullshit story line of making him prove something then the only thing you've proven is you're a full on Special person for not simply signing him 2 years earlier to a team friendly deal that also would have made him at least somewhat tradable if you decided to move on from him. Instead you wasted 2 years seeing the price tag for top tier wide receivers climb.

*Golf clap*

Congratulations, you've played yourself.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Well at least one person has some semblance of brain activity up there. If you were at any point willing to double franchise tag a player over some bullshit story line of making him prove something then the only thing you've proven is you're a full on Special person for not simply signing him 2 years earlier to a team friendly deal that also would have made him at least somewhat tradable if you decided to move on from him. Instead you wasted 2 years seeing the price tag for top tier wide receivers climb.

*Golf clap*

Congratulations, you've played yourself.

Nice job armchair Qb
how many teams actually sign their players like you suggest to early extensions? whos the last good to elite WR that was extended yrs before the rookie contract was over? Assume the bears gave him top WR money that year...Majority of bears fans would be upset as noone equated jeffrey to julio jones, green or bryant. In hindsight sure it could have been a good deal maybe if jeffrey were willing to take less signing bonus which would make him more tradeable but i'm not jeffrey's agent so how could i know.

how many would be bitching after seeing his 2015 season marred by injuries blaming pace for giving out such an extension...oh and how easy is it to trade relatively good to elite WR's? Its very easy isnt' it? So many that got traded I cant remember...Refresh my memory, who was the last good to elite WR to get traded that got extended that didnt have mental problems or drug problems?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice job armchair Qb
how many teams actually sign their players like you suggest to early extensions? whos the last good to elite WR that was extended yrs before the rookie contract was over? Assume the bears gave him top WR money that year...Majority of bears fans would be upset as noone equated jeffrey to julio jones, green or bryant. In hindsight sure it could have been a good deal maybe if jeffrey were willing to take less signing bonus which would make him more tradeable but i'm not jeffrey's agent so how could i know.

how many would be bitching after seeing his 2015 season marred by injuries blaming pace for giving out such an extension...oh and how easy is it to trade relatively good to elite WR's? Its very easy isnt' it? So many that got traded I cant remember...Refresh my memory, who was the last good to elite WR to get traded that got extended that didnt have mental problems or drug problems?

None of this post makes any sense, I suggest you go back and re-read and do a serious edit.

Oh, and plenty of players get signed to extensions prior to their contract being up.......are you effing kidding me?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
None of this post makes any sense, I suggest you go back and re-read and do a serious edit.

Oh, and plenty of players get signed to extensions prior to their contract being up.......are you effing kidding me?

lets hear some names of good to elite wr's that were extended 2yrs before their contract was up, you say there's plenty so coming up with names should be easy.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Really ? You're judging Pace's performance on a pre season game that the starters hardly play in ?

It seems like everyone on my Facebook is. It makes me hate people so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace's team has played 16 regular season games, why not give him 3 full seasons just like his draft picks should be given instead of 3 preseason games, geez..

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
See this place still has a bunch of bitches acting like little bitches.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lets hear some names of good to elite wr's that were extended 2yrs before their contract was up, you say there's plenty so coming up with names should be easy.

Can you even read? Let me get my crayons and I will draw you a picture.........

For starters the whole point a brought up is about how ludicrous it would be to tag AJ for two consecutive years in a row. Next of all, the bolded part of your statement I quoted commented on specifically said "how many teams actually sign their players like you suggest to early extensions". nowhere in that statement did it mention WR's exclusively (although I am sure there are a few).

greg23

Liked Posts:
Kiwatkawski
Bush
Hall

All drafted in r4 ahead of dak prescott and devonte booker......only one i liked and still like was hall

Wish we had those two and then used our 5 th rounder instead of picking howard

Then again....I wanted randy moss in 1998 at #5 and no way shape of form wanted cade mcnown in 99 with any pick

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
It's still early, but the warning signs are there just like ith Emery. Draft picks not producing, and stupid roster moves like cutting slauson on a team with no depth. I hope I'm wrong and he becomes one of the best young gms in the NFL, but I doubt it. Seems to be in over his head and letting John Fox call all the shots.

Yes. Picks aren't producing. Been here for 2 drafts and his 2nd draft has yet to see regular season time.
Good god, the next time you have a thought, let it go.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
yeah, im not a fan of pace.

he started off on the wrong foot imo in hiring fox, as mediocre a hire as possible. but that was redeemed somewhat due to the staff fox put together. but then that took a blow when he let gase out the door. gase is one of the best young minds in the game, players love him, and fox isnt going to be around forever and neither is jay. it was a perfect scenario... keep gase around and when fox is done gase gets the HC job, and he would have had a young QB to grow and develop with.

sure, you can say, he didn't have that option, but, imo, if gase was promised the HC gig when fox was done, and maybe given a raise he would have stuck around, considering reports were that he wasnt even in a hurry to be a HC. but lets say that wasn't the case... well, pace could have just hired gase as HC from the start, and skipped fox all together. and we'd still have fangio as DC since he was already signed on with gase to be his DC if he got a HC job. that just makes the fox hire even worse as far as im concerned.

then theres paces penchant for shipping talent out of town, for nothing in return, and creating holes in the roster that he tries to fill with far inferior talent, leaving the team with less talent and less depth. plus, what seem to be rather mediocre drafts at best.

either he just makes poor decisions as GM or he's georges/teds/foxs puppet. either way im not expecting much.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

he started off on the wrong foot imo in hiring fox, as mediocre a hire as possible. but that was redeemed somewhat due to the staff fox put together. but then that took a blow when he let gase out the door. gase is one of the best young minds in the game, players love him, and fox isnt going to be around forever and neither is jay. it was a perfect scenario... keep gase around and when fox is done gase gets the HC job, and he would have had a young QB to grow and develop with.

sure, you can say, he didn't have that option, but, imo, if gase was promised the HC gig when fox was done, and maybe given a raise he would have stuck around, considering reports were that he wasnt even in a hurry to be a HC. but lets say that wasn't the case... well, pace could have just hired gase as HC from the start, and skipped fox all together. and we'd still have fangio as DC since he was already signed on with gase to be his DC if he got a HC job. that just makes the fox hire even worse as far as im concerned.

then theres paces penchant for shipping talent out of town, for nothing in return, and creating holes in the roster that he tries to fill with far inferior talent, leaving the team with less talent and less depth. plus, what seem to be rather mediocre drafts at best.

either he just makes poor decisions as GM or he's georges/teds/foxs puppet. either way im not expecting much.

Your views on Gase are completely ridiculous.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
It looks like Pace is Incompetent

It's still early, but the warning signs are there just like ith Emery. Draft picks not producing, and stupid roster moves like cutting slauson on a team with no depth. I hope I'm wrong and he becomes one of the best young gms in the NFL, but I doubt it. Seems to be in over his head and letting John Fox call all the shots.

is he incompetent, or is he letting John Fox call all the shots?

mecha

Liked Posts:

if Gase was willing to leave after 1 season where he was given another shot at being an OC out of Peyton Manning's shadow, he's not the guy you want. people can go on for years and write books about how he "fixed" Jay Cutler last year; I'm not seeing it. as a play caller, I thought he was pretty overrated. I'm certain I watched some of the same exact games you did, Gase wasted a lot of 1st and 2nd downs fucking around with bullshit outside the box plays putting the team in constant 3rd and long situations. (insert any number of false start penalties from the offensive line to push them back more wherever you see fit) considering the sheer number of 3rd down conversions in said 3rd and long situations, all the people here that were like "lol Cutler only throws 3 yards" can eloquently shut the fuck up.

Gase's only "success" was with one of, if not the, best quarterback to ever play the game. Ron Turner and Mike Martz got better play out of Cutler 5-6 OCs ago than Gase did. he's overrated. and he's going to go down in flames with his HC run with the Dolphins cause he was a greedy fuckbag.

before I go, no thread optimus prime has ever created has had any particular useful purpose. I'm sure many will agree with me. please stop making threads.

mecha

Liked Posts:

if Gase was willing to leave after 1 season where he was given another shot at being an OC out of Peyton Manning's shadow, he's not the guy you want. people can go on for years and write books about how he "fixed" Jay Cutler last year; I'm not seeing it. as a play caller, I thought he was pretty overrated. I'm certain I watched some of the same exact games you did, Gase wasted a lot of 1st and 2nd downs fucking around with bullshit outside the box plays putting the team in constant 3rd and long situations. considering the sheer number of 3rd down conversions in said 3rd and long situations, all the people here that were like "lol Cutler only throws 3 yards" can eloquently shut the fuck up.

Gase's only "success" was with one of, if not the, best quarterback to ever play the game. Ron Turner and Mike Martz got better play out of Cutler 5-6 OCs ago than Gase did. he's overrated. and he's going to go down in flames with his HC run with the Dolphins cause he was a greedy fuckbag.

before I go, no thread optimus prime has ever created has had any particular useful purpose. I'm sure many will agree with me. please stop making threads.