It looks like Pace is Incompetent

Chinese

Liked Posts:
You don't feel like you may be a little premature by jumping ship after one season. The team was so bad you think a GM can turn a team around that fast ? :aj:
Honestly you may be right. Ill give him 1 more year after this

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
I'm not really sure what I want to think of Pace just yet. I believe that he did good in two straight drafts, but could have had two great drafts if he hadn't screwed the pooch with the first pick in both drafts. Yes I do think that both Floyd & White are decent young players, but IMO both will shape up to be far cry from the value the Bears could have gotten with their first round picks had they just used a bit of common sense, & learned from past mistakes from Point-Dexter GMs like Emery. IMO, neither White or Floyd will ever be any better than solid to good football players, in spite of their natural athleticism.

Pace has made some moves with the vet players that are hard to like alot sometimes, however most of the tough moves are sensible for a team trying to get younger. Then there are moves like releasing Matt Slauson. Lets get this straight right now, Matt Slauson, not Kyle Long, was clearly the best O-lineman on the roster while he was here.

The handling of moving Kyle Long at OT or back to OG tells me a large part of why this franchise as a whole is a symbol of underachievement. Last season Long was moved to a more difficult position under strained & difficult circumstances with no warning or notice. However even though the hits & hurries allowed were high, one could clearly see that Long was improving weekly at OT, & I believe would have really made big strides at OT in the offseason to play a tougher, more important, & better paying position. However instead of trying to raise his game, abilities, standards, & pay rate with a striving on progress mindset one should have in sports, Long, the coaching staff, & GM did what the Bears do so well & lets their VERY over rated RG regress to yesterdays success instead of moving forward to bigger achievements. Long clearly had the ability, talent, & brains to become a very good OT, however instead our annual fan voted pro bowler RG took a step back instead of forward like this franchise has been doing for a few decades now.

A truely good GM, first off, won't waste a first round pick on a RG in an O-line heavy draft, secondly that same quality GM will not allow a player like Long who has the traits, talent, & upside to learn the tougher position to better help the team, knowing that even a fairly competent GM shouldn't need to waste a first round pick on a RG knowing damn well that quality interior linemen are frequently found after halfway through round 3 through round 7.

Again though, Pace has manage two solid drafts that the Bears really needed. This offseason will clearly tell me what Pace is made of with one key position at QB. If Pace uses one of the top 2 picks on a new QB to seriously develop as the centerpiece of the roster, then I will find myself very encouraged with a potential change, especially if it's kid like Chad Kelly.

However if Pace makes the same moron move this offseason that this F.O. is still making after 7 years of captain mediocre weighting down team progress like an anchor, then I will gladly mail him a huge turd full of small fire crackers.

Time will tell, for me with Pace...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You lost me on the Long to T meatball session. Don't and won't ever agree on that.

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
I'm looking like a prophet. He has built a team full of underwhelming young players he drafted and decent free agents.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not really sure what I want to think of Pace just yet. I believe that he did good in two straight drafts, but could have had two great drafts if he hadn't screwed the pooch with the first pick in both drafts. Yes I do think that both Floyd & White are decent young players, but IMO both will shape up to be far cry from the value the Bears could have gotten with their first round picks had they just used a bit of common sense, & learned from past mistakes from Point-Dexter GMs like Emery. IMO, neither White or Floyd will ever be any better than solid to good football players, in spite of their natural athleticism.

Pace has made some moves with the vet players that are hard to like alot sometimes, however most of the tough moves are sensible for a team trying to get younger. Then there are moves like releasing Matt Slauson. Lets get this straight right now, Matt Slauson, not Kyle Long, was clearly the best O-lineman on the roster while he was here.

The handling of moving Kyle Long at OT or back to OG tells me a large part of why this franchise as a whole is a symbol of underachievement. Last season Long was moved to a more difficult position under strained & difficult circumstances with no warning or notice. However even though the hits & hurries allowed were high, one could clearly see that Long was improving weekly at OT, & I believe would have really made big strides at OT in the offseason to play a tougher, more important, & better paying position. However instead of trying to raise his game, abilities, standards, & pay rate with a striving on progress mindset one should have in sports, Long, the coaching staff, & GM did what the Bears do so well & lets their VERY over rated RG regress to yesterdays success instead of moving forward to bigger achievements. Long clearly had the ability, talent, & brains to become a very good OT, however instead our annual fan voted pro bowler RG took a step back instead of forward like this franchise has been doing for a few decades now.

A truely good GM, first off, won't waste a first round pick on a RG in an O-line heavy draft, secondly that same quality GM will not allow a player like Long who has the traits, talent, & upside to learn the tougher position to better help the team, knowing that even a fairly competent GM shouldn't need to waste a first round pick on a RG knowing damn well that quality interior linemen are frequently found after halfway through round 3 through round 7.

Again though, Pace has manage two solid drafts that the Bears really needed. This offseason will clearly tell me what Pace is made of with one key position at QB. If Pace uses one of the top 2 picks on a new QB to seriously develop as the centerpiece of the roster, then I will find myself very encouraged with a potential change, especially if it's kid like Chad Kelly.

However if Pace makes the same moron move this offseason that this F.O. is still making after 7 years of captain mediocre weighting down team progress like an anchor, then I will gladly mail him a huge turd full of small fire crackers.

Time will tell, for me with Pace...
Pace didn't draft Long so I don't get all the ink about it and I suspect that if a healthy Long and Massie switched spots, we may be better off. Well, at least at T.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree. Signing Sitton, Larsen & Ramirez did not make the OL younger. Making Zach Miller the TE1 did not make the Bears younger. Re-upping with Tracy Porter did not make the Bears younger. Having Unrein play ahead of Bullard does not make the Bears younger. Bypassing a QB in the draft does not make the Bears younger. Refusing to extend Jeffery does not make the Bears younger.

This whole idea that Pace has a 'plan' is baseless.

Better

Liked Posts:
You lost me on the Long to T meatball session. Don't and won't ever agree on that.

....Don't care. 30 years of at shit product proves my point. After that I don't need your justification.

Liked Posts:
Pace didn't draft Long so I don't get all the ink about it and I suspect that if a healthy Long and Massie switched spots, we may be better off. Well, at least at T.

Never said he did. Still though he signed on to be the GM Long has become his responsibility like it or not.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Some of you treat calling every Bears GM and move he makes shit like investing in IBM in the 80's and 90's, sort of a sure bet without need for critical analysis or perspective. White and Floyd may be busts or All Pro's but anyone acting like they have that answer after 1 game by both is just a egotistical moron betting on the recent Bears historical trend.
Just another wonderful benefit of the internet, being allowed to talk out of ones ass without social consequence.

I would bet good money, many of you ripping Pace for not extending Jeffery, yet, were calling him fat, lazy, and the human embodiment of the offensive pass interference penalty after his rookie year. Oh, to have a functional search history function back on CCS.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
....Don't care. 30 years of at shit product proves my point. After that I don't need your justification.

I don't get you two arguing over this on a Pace thread. That would be a Fox and Co decision. I couldn't imagine an NFL team world where the GM tells the Coach how to Coach.

Liked Posts:
Disagree. Signing Sitton, Larsen & Ramirez did not make the OL younger. Making Zach Miller the TE1 did not make the Bears younger. Re-upping with Tracy Porter did not make the Bears younger. Having Unrein play ahead of Bullard does not make the Bears younger. Bypassing a QB in the draft does not make the Bears younger. Refusing to extend Jeffery does not make the Bears younger.

This whole idea that Pace has a 'plan' to make the Bears younger is baseless.

I have assumed getting younger should be an automatic. I shouldn't assume but even though I do that doesn't mean that when I say I believe trying to means actually doing it well. Trying & doing are two different things. The truth is I don't think I disagree with you on much of anything with this franchise, they are a mess. You made a statement a while back that I agree with completely, including when I assume that getting younger is a motive. Like you said Pace is hitting singles when the Bears need home runs, seems to be the outcome with everything Pace does whether it's a signing or a draft pick.

You know where I stand with the QB with Pace being the third GM dumb enough to hitch to Cutler for any amount of time which bugs me more than anything with this roster. Immediately after that it's the handling of Jeffery. I thought Jeffery had already proven himself after his 3rd year & Pace saying he needs to prove himself is moronic.

Though I do want to see a third draft since Pace is going to stand a good chance of being the acting GM for it anyway, & if QB is not the first pick or at the very least high second round then Pace is for the Birds in my book. Outside of me making the mistake of assumption & lacking terminology, I don't disagree with you on much of anything with this franchise. I believe this is an 8-8 football team at best.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
White doesn't belong on an NFL field because why?

Because he's a Peg Leg with a rod in his leg who will never run a 4.3 40-time ever again. Plus he can't run routes or gain separation from NFL DB's.

Liked Posts:
I don't get you two arguing over this on a Pace thread. That would be a Fox and Co decision. I couldn't imagine an NFL team world where the GM tells the Coach how to Coach.

Because the point wasn't supposed to be as much about Long as it was meant to be more about the handling & philosophy, intentional or not, of this franchise, which the play on the field would point to as settling, mediocrity, or even regression instead of progression as being ok

Liked Posts:
My worry is Pace and the brain trust (Sweaty Teddy) will let Jeffry walk. White hasn't shown anything yet, and even if he develops the Bears should extend or re-franchise Jeffery IMO.

The Jury is still out on Pace, but I am beginning to have my doubts. The Offensive line and the Offensive Coordinator are my biggest worries right now. The Right Tackle and the Left Tackle to a lesser degree looked really bad. I realize that they were playing against an elite unit, but what you want is for them to be able to do is compete against playoff calibre talent. It is obvious right now the Bears can't compete against dominant pass rushers. It did not help that the Offensive Coordinator made no 2nd half adjustments which allowed Cutler to get nearly killed.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
My worry is Pace and the brain trust (Sweaty Teddy) will let Jeffry walk. White hasn't shown anything yet, and even if he develops the Bears should extend or re-franchise Jeffery IMO.

The Jury is still out on Pace, but I am beginning to have my doubts. The Offensive line and the Offensive Coordinator are my biggest worries right now. The Right Tackle and the Left Tackle to a lesser degree looked really bad. I realize that they were playing against an elite unit, but what you want is for them to be able to do is compete against playoff calibre talent. It is obvious right now the Bears can't compete against dominant pass rushers. It did not help that the Offensive Coordinator made no 2nd half adjustments which allowed Cutler to get nearly killed.

I think the Oline will get better as the season progresses. The Texans Dline is a tough task for a unit that's only had a few practices together.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the Oline will get better as the season progresses. The Texans Dline is a tough task for a unit that's only had a few practices together.

I am having a hard time deciding what I am going to take away from their performance vs. the Texans. Watt was nowhere near full strength and Cushing went out... I think I might just save judgement till monday.
The eagles looked really good last week... but against the Browns that might mean nothing.
I have no idea what to expect monday night.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team will obviously work on the aspects of the Houston game that hurt them and be better prepared vs Philly. Houston may be the best defense the Bears will have played this season. It's just me but I think White will have a couple nice receptions vs the Eagles. Need to get Howard some carries, who knows what he can do, Langford may be better than what he showed vs the Texans but the run game needs to be better.

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
He came from the saints, and their rosters has been shit for years and have been held above being laughing stocks only by the greatness of Drew Brees.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk