It looks like Pace is Incompetent

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
It's still early, but the warning signs are there just like ith Emery. Draft picks not producing, and stupid roster moves like cutting slauson on a team with no depth. I hope I'm wrong and he becomes one of the best young gms in the NFL, but I doubt it. Seems to be in over his head and letting John Fox call all the shots.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am no fan of Pace by any means but he did make the last draft his bitch, moving up and down the boards like a seasoned GM. He bought himself a bit more rope to hang himself with on that alone. I however am not very much of a fan of his roster moves outside of the draft. He's made far too many "I'm the smartest guy in the room" sort of moves in that regard. And its blown up in his face.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Pace was given a demoralized team very short on game changing talent. His two first round picks have had injury problems in the NFL but not in college like JA used to draft. IMO his biggest mistake was hiring a defensive HC instead of an offensive guy but Fox fit the profile of a quick turn around guy who could re-establish respect for the coaching staff which was a must to get done. So IMO it is way too premature to label him a bust.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace was given a demoralized team very short on game changing talent. His two first round picks have had injury problems in the NFL but not in college like JA used to draft. IMO his biggest mistake was hiring a defensive HC instead of an offensive guy but Fox fit the profile of a quick turn around guy who could re-establish respect for the coaching staff which was a must to get done. So IMO it is way too premature to label him a bust.

I am judging Pace less and less on the Fox pick because I realize that had he gone with an offensive minded coach there was no guarantee we get Fangio. Fox was a coaching draw. I just wish he was more aggressive. He is far too much like Lovie 2.0.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Pace has made no "great" moves. He's made a number of decent ones and a few complete head scratchers. I don't think Pace is incompetent. Maybe a little in over his head since he's a young guy new to the GM spot who took the job of completely rebuilding an old, demoralized 5-11 team. I don't think we can really judge Pace's job truly one way or another until he makes a decisive move with the QB position. If he ends up getting a guy that becomes a franchise building block he could be around for a while. If he gets a guy that falls on his face, we'll probably move on. If he inexplicably rolls with Cutler for 2-3 more years we'll probably move on.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Willie Young begs to differ...

Yeah you're right. Extending Willie Young makes me forget about letting go of Bennett, Marshall, Forte, Slauson and mishandling Alshon's extension in every way possible. Who needs talent when you can leave gaping holes on your roster. Amirite?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Bullard, Goldman, two massive studs Floyd, Amos very competent soon very good players, Whitehair thrown into the fire and has had some good blocks. Langford had seven TDs last year and a big run last week (Forte was a horrible preseason player). Pace has had back to back good drafts.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace has arguablely had the best 2 drafts of the last decade for the Bears on his first 2 years on the job.

He has signed free agents to reasonable contracts and many look like they will improve the team. Hicks, Freeman and Trevathan were praticularly strong free agent periods.

Bennett, Marshall, Forte, all of those moves makes sense for a team trying to rebuild a locker room and get younger.

Slauson is a head scratcher.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm giving pace more time

If we beat the clowns on thurs he's doing a good job....if we lose to the clowns we need to start looking for his replacement!

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Pace hasn't locked up the Bears to anything long term.

He looks like a general manager who is phasing out aging talent while restocking the team with young players and talent.

This team should not be much better last year, but if he didn't make the moves he made, we would be much worse 2-3 years down the road. Last year was the first year. This will be the second. I will be upset if we are 8-8 or under next year, but my expectations for this year are lower. It is significantly difficult to rebuild a team while having success. Show me a team without a HOF QB that has been able to do that.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Windy and B51 agree on something. Isnt that kind of unusual?

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The dick ripping on this site is appalling. Everyone chill the fuck out and wait to the season to actually starts to get sand in your vaginas. Holy shit. Slauson, Bennett, Forte, weren't in the plans of this regime. Stop crying about and get the fuck over it. You can't change it.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm giving pace more time

If we beat the clowns on thurs he's doing a good job....if we lose to the clowns we need to start looking for his replacement!

Really ? You're judging Pace's performance on a pre season game that the starters hardly play in ?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The dick ripping on this site is appalling. Everyone chill the fuck out and wait to the season to actually starts to get sand in your vaginas. Holy shit. Slauson, Bennett, Forte, weren't in the plans of this regime. Stop crying about and get the fuck over it. You can't change it.

I have to agree here this team is in a rebuild, the way some on here were going full meatball yesterday you'd think we are the favorite to win the SB.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Jumping the gun a little here.

There's been some good and some questionable.

Pretty good drafts so far.

Bennett needed to go badly.

Marshall was a bit of a head scratcher, but if he and Fox felt he needed to go, I'll accept it.

Forte maybe could have been offered something, and I wouldn't have minded having him back, but I can live with this one as well.

The Slauson decision was horrible and also leads into the biggest concern I have for Pace so far. Vastly underestimating the importance of having a quality OLine. It's well past time for them to be doing something about this.