Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Maybe you are right and I over reacted. My excuse is I want a very very good oline and it pisses me off we aint there yet.

But we are building a quality OL. We already had Leno and Long, who are going to be long-term fixtures on this line. This past offseason, we signed Massie (a stud run blocker) and drafted Whitehair (who looks good so far). We drafted Grasu to be the starting C last year, and while he needed to show that he was improving, there wasnt enough evidence to show that he wasnt going to eventually be a good player for us.

There wasnt a player on the OL that we should have drafted over Floyd in the first round. We got a quality guard in the second round instead, who is playing quite well.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
As of right now, tunsil looks like a bad guard. Floyd looks like a situational player. Ascertaining that if the Bears drafted tunsil the offensive line would be better is a dumb statement.

Assuming we drafted him, he would either be the swing tackle or start at left tackle, where maybe he could be a decent upgrade from Leno, or maybe he is worse. How does upgrading the 2nd best o-lineman significantly help he offensive line?

Who knows, maybe tunsil will get his chance at LT and be successful, or fight through growing pains and be a great guard, but as of now, I don't think drafting tunsil would improve the line right now.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
So you are upset that people are prognosticating the underachievement of Tunsil, but you had no problem definitively stating that Tunsil would make the Bears better than Floyd will?

Mkay... Makes sense.

Excuse I forgot everybody on CCS is a nice guy with the best of intentions. Whether Tunsil would be better than Floyd is still all a matter of opinion.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tunsil insists on wearing the gas mask under his helmet, could have something to do with him not playing well.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
But they used a 2nd rnd pick for Whitehair and he looks very good. Used a 1st on a D player that could turn out to be very good speed rusher, a position not easy to fill.

Yeah Whitehair was a very good pick on Floyd has potential. I really do hope it all turns out for the best.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Tunsil is a better exterior lineman. Leno played well last year and continues to improve, and we just signed Massie. Our tackles arent a problem, the issue is that our interior has gotten banged up and we had to move some guys around.

Tunsil wouldnt have insured us against Long getting hurt, or Grasu being knocked out for the year.

I like Leno but sorry man, massie is fucking terrible.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
We should be rebuilding this Oline for the next QB we draft, not necessarily for Cutler. Cutler has one foot out the door already.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Tunsil looks like a crappy guard for the Dolphins.

To my understanding this isn't true. HAven't checked the stats as of the recent, but I know as of the first 2 preseason games he hasn't allowed a pressure(Whether you agree with PFF or not).
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-all-31-first-rounders-have-played-this-preseason/

Still the fact that he's playing Guard says enough to me. He struggled at LT initially. Even if he is that guy in the future for the Dolphins we'd still be at square 1 if he came to the Bears and he was expected to start at LT. LT isn't even a problem anyways. It's the interior between revolving door Center, Long being banged up, and we could use a better RT(Though Massie has been okay at run blocking he's not a stud). Whitehair looks like he'll be a longtime player, but I'm sure there's some rookie growing pains in there for him.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Excuse I forgot everybody on CCS is a nice guy with the best of intentions. Whether Tunsil would be better than Floyd is still all a matter of opinion.

You should look up my posting history, I am a super nice guy (at least by CCS poster standards).

I like Leno but sorry man, massie is fucking terrible.

Massie isn't terrible. He is a mammoth in the running game. While he has some deficiencies in pass blocking, nobody expects a normal RT to be able to go 1-on-1 with his guy every play. He is next to Long (who is a stud) and can get help from a TE or RB. Regardless, I dont think we should have drafted a tackle over any of our first three picks, and nobody in the draft after the third round would have started over Massie.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
You should look up my posting history, I am a super nice guy (at least by CCS poster standards).

Massie isn't terrible. He is a mammoth in the running game. While he has some deficiencies in pass blocking, nobody expects a normal RT to be able to go 1-on-1 with his guy every play. He is next to Long (who is a stud) and can get help from a TE or RB. Regardless, I dont think we should have drafted a tackle over any of our first three picks, and nobody in the draft after the third round would have started over Massie.

Upon reconsideration I do not recall you being one of the typically obnoxious posters around here. My apologies.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The only thing on this team that looked promising to me was the defensive front 7. Langford had some decent cutback runs. Everything else sucks. The secondary couldn't cover a bed, and the o-line couldn't block a paraplegic. White is supposed to be our speed guy so, in typical Bears fashion, we run screens with him. Cutler looks like Cutler, and the STs has more leaks than an 80 year old. Yeah, it's preseason, but this team looks like complete shit.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
We were missing our best player in long but chiefs were also missing Houston and Hali... Our line is not very good

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Terrible thread. The Bears have been building the O-Line and there is talent there. Kind of hurts not having your best lineman. Also hurts when your QB has the pocket presence of a lawn chair. Tunsil over Floyd? No thanks. I prefer my back up guards off the street not as top 10 picks. Floyd is going to be a stud.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Terrible thread. The Bears have been building the O-Line and there is talent there. Kind of hurts not having your best lineman. Also hurts when your QB has the pocket presence of a lawn chair. Tunsil over Floyd? No thanks. I prefer my back up guards off the street not as top 10 picks. Floyd is going to be a stud.

lmao

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

Yeah I guess bringing in an OT on the first day of FA and drafting an OG in the second this year to go with a third round center a first round guard and a promising OT isn't building the line? Cool. I'll remember that.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah I guess bringing in an OT on the first day of FA and drafting an OG in the second this year to go with a third round center a first round guard and a promising OT isn't building the line? Cool. I'll remember that.

They've been "building" the OL for a decade now.