My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And who's fault is that?

I personally kinda blame Biff, because he sold us on Webb for those years.

If we're speaking truthfully, it's McCaskeys/Phillips fault. They have no clue how to run an organization and constantly hire yes men that are under-qualified for the position, and the shit just trickles down the line throughout the organization.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
If we're speaking truthfully, it's McCaskeys/Phillips fault. They have no clue how to run an organization and constantly hire yes men that are under-qualified for the position, and the shit just trickles down the line throughout the organization.

It is no coincidence that Boston another city with passionate sport fans went from loserville to title town because they got new owners who are committed to winning and hire the top execs to run their franchises. In fairness though George's stewardship as CEO has been short so like a draft pick we wont know for sure what his peeps will do in the long run.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I like George. I think he cares about the Bears and has done what he believes is the right decision.

He paid to get emery and trestman outta here, literally.

And hired Ernie to overlook the next GM process.

We'll see if pace was the right guy.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Pace has 1 full season and his 2nd hasn't started and you are writing him off as a bad GM. :saxy:

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Pace has 1 full season and his 2nd hasn't started and you are writing him off as a bad GM. :saxy:

This. It's incredible to me that this is happening, particularly after the drafts he's had. To my mind, he's made ONE out and out mistake (Slauson) and even that I get the reasoning behind. People are confusing something THEY think is a mistake (the "deconstruction" of the offense) with something that is objectively dumb.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think George cares more than his predecessor, and I believe he is sincere in building a winner, but Phillips shouldn't oversee shit outside the finances. That guy has no football sense whatsoever. It'd be nice if they got a guy that could be president of football operations who actually knew about football.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Why would you write off Pace in his second year? Let's bring someone else in and when he's not perfect get someone else. Horrible idea! We will become the Browns if we haven't already.

Give Pace time and let him continue to fix this roster. He needs to find a QB. Don't tell me cutler is the future answer, he's a temporary bandaid. Cutler gets a C+ grade. How about getting a QB in this town that is a high B low A for a change?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I have yet to even mention Ryan Pace prior to this post, so I'm not sure where you're getting this info from.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Your post that I quoted about shit trickling down projects that it's all a shit show.

Which was referencing the Bears hires historically. I was asked who I blame for the Bears still trying to rebuild the OL after a decade. Would you disagree with my statement? Or do you think the Bears generally hire men qualified for the job? I have no opinion on Pace at this point, other than he has conducted the draft very well so far.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have taken Tunsil over Floyd in a heartbeat. So would have 32 other Gm's up until the gas mask incident. Kid's will be kids, and his fall was a gross over reaction. Anyone comparing Tunsil to Floyd at this stage in their development has a very low football IQ. The fact remains that the Bears O-line is a train wreck, and not enough attention was paid to it in the off season for two years now. Not at all sold on Massie, Grasu was a huge question mark even before his injury (a fact people seem to forget).

Floyd was a luxury pick when there were other areas that needed to be addressed first.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which was referencing the Bears hires historically. I was asked who I blame for the Bears still trying to rebuild the OL after a decade. Would you disagree with my statement? Or do you think the Bears generally hire men qualified for the job? I have no opinion on Pace at this point, other than he has conducted the draft very well so far.

I do agree Ted Phillips should have NEVER been allowed to make any football decisions. Supposedly and hopefully they have excluded him from it now. There is a list of high rnd OL picks that were busts, Gabe Carimi was one everybody thought would be an anchor for years.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I would have taken Tunsil over Floyd in a heartbeat. So would have 32 other Gm's up until the gas mask incident. Kid's will be kids, and his fall was a gross over reaction. Anyone comparing Tunsil to Floyd at this stage in their development has a very low football IQ. The fact remains that the Bears O-line is a train wreck, and not enough attention was paid to it in the off season for ten years now. Not at all sold on Massie, Grasu was a huge question mark even before his injury (a fact people seem to forget).

Floyd was a luxury pick when there were other areas that needed to be addressed first.

fify.

Also, I don't think any pick the Bears would've taken could be considered a luxury pick.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fify.

Also, I don't think any pick the Bears would've taken could be considered a luxury pick.

Fair enough, but I can only apply the last two to Fox/Pace. Luxury might have been the wrong word admittedly, my point was there were other areas of greater need.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have taken Tunsil over Floyd in a heartbeat. So would have 32 other Gm's up until the gas mask incident. Kid's will be kids, and his fall was a gross over reaction. Anyone comparing Tunsil to Floyd at this stage in their development has a very low football IQ. The fact remains that the Bears O-line is a train wreck, and not enough attention was paid to it in the off season for two years now. Not at all sold on Massie, Grasu was a huge question mark even before his injury (a fact people seem to forget).

They filled the OL needs by taking Whitehair, players like Floyd/speed rushers don't come around every year. The impact he could have could be special, look at what Von Miller did in the SB. I'm not saying he's Von Miller but Fangio is the best D coordinator in the league give him that weapon for his defense. As far as 32 other GMs taking Tunsil I don't think so Floyd had a lot of interest too.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They filled the OL needs by taking Whitehair, players like Floyd/speed rushers don't come around every year. The impact he could have could be special, look at what Von Miller did in the SB. I'm not saying he's Von Miller but Fangio is the best D coordinator in the league give him that weapon for his defense. As far as 32 other GMs taking Tunsil I don't think so Floyd had a lot of interest.

LMAO Filled? Really? They bought one brand new tire on a vehicle that needed 4, hardly a fill (addressing depth and starter here).

Could have? I hope so, verdict still out. Point is with a team like the Bears, I prefer a little less risk in my first round picks.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:

I am shocked SHOCKED that someone on this board agrees with me. This is outrageous. Luxury pick I wish I had thought of that description.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO Filled? Really? They bought one brand new tire on a vehicle that needed 4, hardly a fill (addressing depth and starter here).

Could have? I hope so, verdict still out. Point is with a team like the Bears, I prefer a little less risk in my first round picks.

A high round OL pick was filled
do you want them to use their first 3 picks on the OL. Sure they need more help but how many high picks in one draft do you want them to use on OL ?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Any pick Could be a bust LMAO you don't realize that. Tunsil could be found dead with a gas masked strapped to his face.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

A high round OL pick was filled
do you want them to use their first 3 picks on the OL. Sure they need more help but how many high picks in one draft do you want them to use on OL ?

It should have been started last year, and FWIW, I am on record last year as stating so. Instead we got K-rod. This year we released Slauson. I'm not a big fan of addition by subtraction, are you?