Chiefs game shows why Bears should have drafted Tunsil not Floyd

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This article has a couple quotes from Ryan Pace after this past first round. Notable among them are:

and

So yeah, our top notch DC, excellent LB Coach, and esteemed, defensive-minded HC all were in support of grabbing Floyd. They get paid millions of dollars to coach football players and come with a track record of success. Moreover, they have actual skin in the game - If Floyd busts, any and all of these guys could lose their jobs. I can't think of one reason that the opinions of a couple of randoms on a message board carry more weight than Fox, Fangio and Hurtt.

Yeah. ANd we heard the same shit when Emery and company were in power. I think that passing on Tunsil was as screwed up as it gets. They had a one in a decade chance to put together a good offensive line and they blew it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yeah. ANd we heard the same shit when Emery and company were in power. I think that passing on Tunsil was as screwed up as it gets. They had a one in a decade chance to put together a good offensive line and they blew it.

..And the bears filled the LG spot in the 2nd round. Your Parrot act really never was any good but that aside, have you ever considered Tunsil may never be anything more than a LG himself? Miami has zero plans on moving him to Tackle.

Can't wait for you to repeat yourself tomorrow though!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
..And the bears filled the LG spot in the 2nd round. Your Parrot act really never was any good but that aside, have you ever considered Tunsil may never be anything more than a LG himself? Miami has zero plans on moving him to Tackle.

Can't wait for you to repeat yourself tomorrow though!

I believe that I said that drafting Whitehair was a good pick, numbnuts. ANd Tunsil will be moved to tackle. Many, many tackles start off at guard in the NFL and he will be no different. They will put some more weight on him and he will be moved. Book it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I believe that I said that drafting Whitehair was a good pick, numbnuts. ANd Tunsil will be moved to tackle. Many, many tackles start off at guard in the NFL and he will be no different. They will put some more weight on him and he will be moved. Book it.

I'll Book nothing and you'll like it, Francis.

Side note: his body weight has fuck all to do with him playing LT. It's a non issue.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

His body weight wasn't an issue. He was getting worked in camp at LT period, and he was supposed to be a Top 3 consensus prospect. No Top 3 prospect is supposed to need more time to get ready.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

First - even if we heard the same stuff from Emery, Pace's support is being supported by Fox, Fangio, and Hurtt, not Trestman and Tucker. Now I know Fox gets criticized as too conservative, and Hurtt is just a position coach, but do you really think that Fangio doesnt know what he is doing? He is one of the best defensive minds in the game right now, and an expert with linebackers. Smart GMs take heed of their coaches on draft day. How are you not satisfied in a young GM relying on the evaluation of a top-notch coach?

Second - Leno is doing a good job at LT, and deserves a chance to show that he is growing into the player that we need. We are rebuilding, so we can afford to give him a season to prove himself. Sure, Tunsil is not going to be a LG forever, the Fins have Albert at LT while Tunsil gets into NFL shape, but that doesnt mean we screwed the pooch at LT. There are good LT prospects every year - if we need to find a new LT after this season, we have time to get it right.

Finally - Pace had every reason to pass on Tunsil as a prospect. The video of him smoking had just come out hours before, and Dictator Goodell over-punishes anyone who doesnt act like a boyscout in their down time. In those circumstances, drafting such a prospect is typically not a wise move.

In sum, I feel like you are overreacting to Pace making a wise draft-day decision.