IST: Cubs vs. Pirates

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I just do not understand why Joe continues to use him so much with this lead. We all know he is not going to rest these players, but he feels if Chapman is warming up he is forcing himself to use him. Cant agree with that. Strode should be able to see when he does not have it.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I just do not understand why Joe continues to use him so much with this lead. We all know he is not going to rest these players, but he feels if Chapman is warming up he is forcing himself to use him. Cant agree with that. Strode should be able to see when he does not have it.
I think Chapman is the only one he has faith in. His intention is not to use him then the bullpen morons start walking opponents and the game gets close. Maddon is great at not expressing his feelings but sometime it's seems like he is thinking "WTF man" and he just goes to Chapman to end it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think Chapman is the only one he has faith in. His intention is not to use him then the bullpen morons start walking opponents and the game gets close. Maddon is great at not expressing his feelings but sometime it's seems like he is thinking "WTF man" and he just goes to Chapman to end it.

well, I think thats fine with a single digit division lead, but 15 games? You never let them work out of a situation, they are constantly going to be pitching scared.

Like someone said, its all good until his arm falls off.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
well, I think thats fine with a single digit division lead, but 15 games? You never let them work out of a situation, they are constantly going to be pitching scared.

Like someone said, its all good until his arm falls off.
I agree with you. He has this "one inning" rule for his bullpen, but when the Walkpen shows up he will throw in Chapman 3 straight days. I dont get it

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
That explains his lack of success
ahhhhh......I'm sensing sarcasm, but I never implied that. His success is the 103-105 speed. At that speed you dont need movement. At 97mph you do need movement. At some point in his next contract he will be at 97mph

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Zas has been pretty solid. Cahill also decent. Pena is not ready at all. Wood has not been dependable this year as he was last year. He is a avg player so his numbers will even out over a career but is is good year/bad year vs league avg every year. He should be gone next year.

The pen needs Strop and Rondon back. Add Cahill, Grimm, Edwards and Zas it tightens up a lot.

I tend to agree with Chapman here. He would Benifit learning a cut fastball IMO. Give a diffrent look to his 4 seem. Add to it as his velocity drops the impact lessens with a movement pitch. He has a slider but rarely goes to it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I understand the case for Edwards: good speed, good control and good stuff. But someone make the case for Rondon. I never feel comfortable when he is pitching and I felt his arm was hurt early in the season before people were talking about that. What's the upside and risk on him?

I can go only go by what I see as I'm not a Metric Mary. What I see is pretty darn good. Low walks, keeps the ball in the park, K's are more than triple his walks, his ERA over the last three years is just over 2....actually it would be under if you throw out that one game vs the Cards when it appeared he came back from injury too soon. Does he blow the occasional save, yeah he does but even the best closers do that sometimes. He may not be lights out like Chapman usually is, but he generally gets the job done even though his fastball won't hit triple digits. Put him together with Strop, Grimm and Edwards and you got a pretty strong group of guys for the last 3 innings.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think that exactly what been happening since Rondon and Strop went down..
He gives others a chance and they can't finish it

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I understand the case for Edwards: good speed, good control and good stuff. But someone make the case for Rondon. I never feel comfortable when he is pitching and I felt his arm was hurt early in the season before people were talking about that. What's the upside and risk on him?
I like Edwards, just don't think he a "closer"..
7th inning/set up yes, not a closer..

Rondon.. Just think if they had confidence in him to close out big games, they never would of gotten Chapman for that job..
So, if they didn't have that confidence this year, why would it change next year..

Why I think they will attempt to bring him back

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk