Your 2016 Bears Record Predictions

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see a 3-13 season as reality with 5-11 the maximum if Gould can put a couple through the uprights. The only way this team can win any game is if the defense can force turnovers and give the team good field position. Cutler also would have to stay healthy the entire season. IF he goes down a really bad team will turn to one of the worst teams in football history.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
i think we are going to be somewere between 8-8 and 10-6. that is if cutler is healthy, but if he gets hurt it will be a losing years again. just depends on if he gets hurt early or late in the season to judge how many losses we will accumulate.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
11-5 just because. What we have seen in preseason certainly won't be what we see when the season starts.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
9-7. Stranger things have happened.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
If they can stay relatively healthy 9-7. Depth is an issue but front 7 is going to be good on defense and they have enough on offense to be middle of the road if Jay plays how he did last year.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If they can stay relatively healthy 9-7. Depth is an issue but front 7 is going to be good on defense and they have enough on offense to be middle of the road if Jay plays how he did last year.

I can't agree with the bolded. This offense has undoubtedly taken a step back with the vets gone. Best case is they are similar, and that puts them at 24th in points scored and 22nd in yardage.

The smaller amount of turnovers sure helped- But they were still middle of the pack in that regard. 2015 being an relatively awesome year by Jays standards, I dont know that we can expect that same luck this year- especially with a 1st year WR and a line that might give up a ton of strip sacks. Not to mention his 2 best safety valves gone.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think people are overrating how well Cutler played last year.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
8-8. Better than most people think but not good enough to get a whiff of the playoffs. If everyone gets and stays healthy and they get some breaks and some teams stumble maybe 9 or 10 but a lot of things have to go there way to get to 8-8, much less any more wines.

JD
And enough to know you wont bee in top 10 draft.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Chinese

Liked Posts:
11-5 just because. What we have seen in preseason certainly won't be what we see when the season starts.
I hate what i am seeing now preseason but somehow i keep telling myself that this team is fucking with our minds and will win allot more games that we think. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
I think the offense will struggle. That being said, Alshon isn't going to drop many passes, Kevin White will get better as the season goes, and Kyle Long is a difference maker up front for us. I don't think we will be as tragically bad as we saw a few days ago against KC. Furthermore, I actually think Jonathan Bullard and Leonard Floyd, mixed with exotic play calling by Fangio is going to stunt most QB's in this league.

We won't be a good team.... but unfortunately (bc of poor draft position which will make drafting a franchise QB nearly impossible) I think we actually squeak out 8 wins. Maybe even 9, if we are significantly healthier than a superior opponent late in the year. Rest assured, this will be the most lackluster 8 win team in the league, but I somehow feel we get there.

@ Hou L 17-24
V PHI W 24-20
@ DAL W 23-21
V DET W 20-19
@ IND L 21-28
V JAX W 22-18
@ GB L 17-31
V MIN L 10-20
@ TB L 24-27
@ NYG W 23-20
V TEN L 20-23
V SF W 31-10
@ DET L 20-28
V GB L 14-27
V WAS W 28-24
@ MIN (banged up and/or don't need the game) W 20-17

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
2011 Cutler under Martz was my favorite version of Cutler as a Bear.

Agreed 100%. That stretch in particular right before he got hurt was really the only time I have ever watched him play for an extended period of time where I thought "Damn, this is one of the better / best QB's in the game." Of course, that stretch was so short lived and really never returned.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I think people are overrating how well Cutler played last year.

Well they're wrong. And I'm not saying he was great, but he played smart football. He showed marked improvement in his pocket awareness and his mobility inside the pocket. He cut down on the mistakes. If Jeffrey can stay healthy and White can grow into his potential that's an upgrade over last year.

Forte was an average runner last year, at best. After week 1 he was barely that. Langford needs to improve but that's not out of the realm of possibility. He's looked stronger in preseason. He broke out of a clean tackle by Derrick Johnson against the Chiefs and turned a 5 yard loss into a first down. We didn't see that from him last year. A few other times to he looks to be running with better balance and power. If Long gets healthy the o-line will be much better. Whitehair and Long is a huge upgrade from Slauson and Omamah/Ducasse.

The big positional concern is corner. By I have faith in Fangio. He coaxed a decent showing out of a bad defense last year. The talent is significantly better with Hicks, Trevathan and Freeman to go along with Goldman in his second year and Houston and Young healthy. Floyd adds a speed element and a versatile piece. Corner looks like its going to be an issue. But Fangio has found and developed gems before, so hopefully he can work his magic.

All in all, this is a better team then last year by a wide margin. And last year they were close in a lot of games.