Zach Mettenberger is available!

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
HAHAHA that cuck got banned? What did he do to finally earn a ban?
Just the usual.. making personal attacks while contributing zero to the actual discussion at hand.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just the usual.. making personal attacks while contributing zero to the actual discussion at hand.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

*Shitposts nervously*

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mettenberger is a mental midget. No thanks. Has a big arm but a bigger ego. Not the locker room type. Its so sad that as Bears fans, we get excited for any QB. ABC. Anybody But Cutler.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Nah there is nobody on the market better than Cutler. I am in the FGH club, Fire Goddamn Hoyer

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speak for yourself. I know for a fact the post-Cutler era is going to be a glorious shit show. Entertaining if nothing else to see the armchair GMs realize what true mediocrity is.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
If you think Cuntler is a douche, you'll love the extreme douchiness of Mettenberger. All the cuntiness of Cuntler, but with way less talent. Sign him!

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Speak for yourself. I know for a fact the post-Cutler era is going to be a glorious shit show. Entertaining if nothing else to see the armchair GMs realize what true mediocrity is.

Hopefully we don't turn into Cleveland's qb search.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Mettenberger is a big tough guy with a big arm, and I liked him coming out of LSU as a pure pocket passer. His main issue has been that he has very slow feet almost to the point of being clumsy and struggles badly against pressure. He's the kind of guy who can be productive if you can protect him well, but will be godawful if you can't protect him. With the Bears offensive line the way it is, I don't think it would be a good idea to bring him in.

This is spot on! I also like Mettenburger coming out of LSU, but he has shown that he can not play at the speed of the NFL. He isn't very mobile, his pocket awareness isn't great, and he takes a bit too long to pull the trigger. On the other hand, once he does make a decision it is usually a good one and he is fairly accurate.

The thing with him, you already know what you have. I would wait until the next wave of cuts and see if any hidden gems emerge that we could take.