'Dre Hall should start over Callahan if...

FootballYogi

Liked Posts:
Bear Down! Hello everyone. For my first post, I'm trusting my eye and going straight to what seems most newsworthy tonight, the Secondary...

With the pickup of Williams, slot corner, and TP on one side, from what I can tell the only hope for a playmaker to start in Fuller's absence is starting Deon'dre Hall.

Callahan and Glen (and stinkin' McMannis ffs) are trash and will be burned all day each game. They're small, slow and weak at the point of attack. Hall is raw, yes but c'mon, he was drafted for a reason. He's got the size, speed and instincts to become a true Peanut replacement. Maybe it'll take a couple seasons for us to feel comfortable with it, but my eyes tell me he's the only one outta the 4 CBs I mentioned to be around long enough to tell.

What does our team have to gain by sitting him in favor of anyone else this year? In Nickel packages we'd have : Hall - Williams - Amos - Quartey - Porter
/ in Dime we'd have : Hall - Williams - Amos - Quartey - Hurst (I like his toughness & he has chemistry with the Safeties, yes?) - Porter

Okay, glad to find a messageboard again, been years since my time on the old Official board... thanks and BD,CB!

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
It sucks being so devoid of talent, that a rookie who makes two half ass plays in a preseason game gets propped up by the entire fanbase. What have these posters seen out of him that makes them think he'll be a starter besides total blind homerism? (Don't get me started on you calling him a Peanut replacement ffs)

Shit, I hope the regular season comes so I can get a better representation of these players. What a grim preseason it's been so far.

FootballYogi

Liked Posts:
I've been watching football for decades and this is our team bud. I may be new here but my eye for what makes a good football player is seasoned... yes, he's got a very small sample to go off of, but shit, he's got all the measurables and have you heard him speak? Seems like a sharp kid, he could learn from/be inspired by some tape of ol #33, who knows... he had a knack for takeaways in college, it may just be a characteristic that stays with him in the pros.

Some players have "It" and I'm saying out of all the choices we have to man the vacant CB position, Hall is the closest thing to it. At least seeing Callahan, Bausby and Glen in their limited action you don't agree Hall has better upside? Those 3 definitely don't have IT.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Hall does a fantastic job of turning back to locate the ball (sarcasm), a perfect back-up for Fuller.

Note: He is not fast, this is well documented by his coaches. He got burned badly in preseason when he missed his press assignment. He does have upside though.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can we pump the brakes on the Hall/Tillman comparison? Hall could be good, but lets be honest, he would not start on any other team in the NFL barring injury. It is going to take a year or two for him to adjust to the NFL. Most corners have a hard time adjusting to the speed of the game coming from a top tier D1 school and Hall has to do it coming from a D1-AA school. Nothing against him, but he needs work and should not start in the NFL opening day. Simple as that.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Hall could be good, but lets be honest, he would not start on any other team in the NFL barring injury... Nothing against him, but he needs work and should not start in the NFL opening day. Simple as that.

But the only reason he is being mentioned as a starter for us is because of an injury.

Yeah he needs work, but if he doesnt lose his confidence by getting beat a few times, the reps he gets while Fuller heals up will be invaluable. And if he can turn in a couple of successful games, we'll all have something to be excited about.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bear Down! Hello everyone. For my first post, I'm trusting my eye and going straight to what seems most newsworthy tonight, the Secondary...

With the pickup of Williams, slot corner, and TP on one side, from what I can tell the only hope for a playmaker to start in Fuller's absence is starting Deon'dre Hall.

Callahan and Glen (and stinkin' McMannis ffs) are trash and will be burned all day each game. They're small, slow and weak at the point of attack. Hall is raw, yes but c'mon, he was drafted for a reason. He's got the size, speed and instincts to become a true Peanut replacement. Maybe it'll take a couple seasons for us to feel comfortable with it, but my eyes tell me he's the only one outta the 4 CBs I mentioned to be around long enough to tell.

What does our team have to gain by sitting him in favor of anyone else this year? In Nickel packages we'd have : Hall - Williams - Amos - Quartey - Porter
/ in Dime we'd have : Hall - Williams - Amos - Quartey - Hurst (I like his toughness & he has chemistry with the Safeties, yes?) - Porter

Okay, glad to find a messageboard again, been years since my time on the old Official board... thanks and BD,CB!

He looked good in the first preseason game but fell off in the next two but i see what you're saying with if K.Fuller isn't able to play and our choices are between J.Glenn, D.Bausby, S.McManis, B.Callahan and D.Hall then we might as well go with D.Hall but i am curious to see what K.Williams can do if he even passes his physical.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Callahan was solid last year and he had one mistake playing outside this year. He is a perfect nickel corner.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've been watching football for decades and this is our team bud. I may be new here but my eye for what makes a good football player is seasoned... yes, he's got a very small sample to go off of, but shit, he's got all the measurables and have you heard him speak? Seems like a sharp kid, he could learn from/be inspired by some tape of ol #33, who knows... he had a knack for takeaways in college, it may just be a characteristic that stays with him in the pros.

Some players have "It" and I'm saying out of all the choices we have to man the vacant CB position, Hall is the closest thing to it. At least seeing Callahan, Bausby and Glen in their limited action you don't agree Hall has better upside? Those 3 definitely don't have IT.

Damn it i was with you on what you're saying until you said this. Having a eye for what makes a good football player from what you see on tv or the internet is pretty ridiculous cause there's sooooo much more to what makes a good football player then what a fan can see on tv.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Damn it i was with you on what you're saying until you said this. Having a eye for what makes a good football player from what you see on tv or the internet is pretty ridiculous cause there's sooooo much more to what makes a good football player then what a fan can see on tv.

Some people have a deeper understanding for the game than that, and also access to the coaches film, so it's more than just "what a fan can see on TV". I know that thats not your perspective, but that's also why your opinion means very little around here.

Good thread, I like this new guy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Some people have a deeper understanding for the game than that, and also access to the coaches film, so it's more than just "what a fan can see on TV". I know that thats not your perspective, but that's also why your opinion means very little around here.

Good thread, I like this new guy.

The good thing on here is everyone but about 8 of your little follow around boyz know you're a douche bag and you bring absolutely nothing to this board....lol

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Callahan is a good player. Can't base his play off just that one play. He was good for us last year. Just forgotten because we have not seen him much since the first pre-season game. I do like Hall though and hopefuly he will turn into a great player for us.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The good thing on here is everyone but about 8 of your little follow around boyz know you're a douche bag and you bring absolutely nothing to this board....lol

I bring a lot, and will be doing all-22 film breakdowns for every game this season. Maybe you'll learn something. Probably not.