Bears cuts

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
With McPhee on PUP,Floyd better turn out some sacks.I really like Young and Houston but neither is really a double digit sack guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Yeah, I don't understand this regime's secrecy about injuries. If it's an injury that may affect someone's availability for an upcoming game, I can understand. But with McPhee this year and White last year, I can't see what benefit the Bears gain by hiding their injuries.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This entire McPhee thing has been botched since week 12 of last season.

-Should have done the surgery then.
-Should have not bull shitted about it all offseason

Between this and the Kevin White situation, this regime hasn't really handled injuries very well. If Eddie Royal and Zach Miller continue their injury prone histories and camps, then this team is in a lot of trouble and Pace will be in hot water.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Between this and the Kevin White situation, this regime hasn't really handled injuries very well. If Eddie Royal and Zach Miller continue their injury prone histories and camps, then this team is in a lot of trouble and Pace will be in hot water.

Lol, Pace won't be in hot water this year.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
So wait...

We literally kept only ONE slot receiver? To boot, he's as durable as a cardboard box in a hurricane? You're shittin' me, right?

Must really have faith in Meredith and/or Bellamy's ability to play inside along with Alshon sliding inside occasionally? Just seems beyond strange they cut Braverman AND Mariani.

Am I missing something here?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Lol, Pace won't be in hot water this year.
Well obviously I meant next year, since I referenced this team being in trouble if injury prone guys get injured. Because they will again lose more than they win, and probably be rebuilding with a new QB. So yes, if he doesn't get that right....He'll be in hot water this time next year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't understand this regime's secrecy about injuries. If it's an injury that may affect someone's availability for an upcoming game, I can understand. But with McPhee this year and White last year, I can't see what benefit the Bears gain by hiding their injuries.

Huh, what benefit is there to being out in the open with the health of their players to the media? So all the armchair GM's on this board can make a Madden trade?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So wait...

We literally kept only ONE slot receiver? To boot, he's as durable as a cardboard box in a hurricane? You're shittin' me, right?

Must really have faith in Meredith and/or Bellamy's ability to play inside along with Alshon sliding inside occasionally? Just seems beyond strange they cut Braverman AND Mariani.

Eh. Bellamy will probably get shot reps. And nothing says you gotta be small to be a slot guy. I'd love to see Kevin White out there with Jeffery and Meredith on the outside.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So wait...

We are all probably missing something here.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Some strange moves so far. Don't really get releasing both Mariani and Braverman. Can only assume they are banking on either Braverman making it to PS or Mariani being signed to a non-guaranteed contract? Offensive line managed to get even weaker! Would have liked to have kept T. Williams on the roster too. On the plus side Ego has finally left the building. What a brutal second round pick!

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Well obviously I meant next year, since I referenced this team being in trouble if injury prone guys get injured. Because they will again lose more than they win, and probably be rebuilding with a new QB. So yes, if he doesn't get that right....He'll be in hot water this time next year.

Duh, and that would be the repercussions from this year. The Bears aren't going to be happy with Pace through December and suddenly after the new year be like, wait, we changed our mind, we need to place that Pace guy in hot water. Even if the Bears went winless this year, Pace wouldn't be in hot water. If anything, Fox would be the sacrificial lamb and Pace would be looking for a new HC. Don't think anyone thinks that Pace is on an Emery level of fail. The Bears obviously knew Pace is a young GM and I'll bet money they are willing to be patient with him (for better or worse). So once again, no.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see AJ/White on slants, crossing routes. Meredith looked good in PS, not surprised he made it, and should be the #3. Bellamy does ok work, esp on ST. Surprised ONE of Mariani/Braverman didn't make it. Thompson on KR/PR I guess. Not sure when Royal will be back.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
So wait...

They will resign Mariani after week 1 since the contract will be not guaranteed.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Glad Mariani was cut, starting to turn racist against my own race.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Duh, and that would be the repercussions from this year. The Bears aren't going to be happy with Pace through December and suddenly after the new year be like, wait, we changed our mind, we need to place that Pace guy in hot water. Even if the Bears went winless this year, Pace wouldn't be in hot water. If anything, Fox would be the sacrificial lamb and Pace would be looking for a new HC. Don't think anyone thinks that Pace is on an Emery level of fail. The Bears obviously knew Pace is a young GM and I'll bet money they are willing to be patient with him (for better or worse). So once again, no.

People don't like to hear it, but this is year 1 of the rebuild. Last year was the get to know you period for Fox and Pace. Evaluate what was leftover from the Emery catastrophe and then start building the team under the new tutelage. Pace has this year and next before his bum might start to feel warm.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
McPhee probably is playing his last year in Chicago. Good signing on paper, but a fail for Pace in the end. Dead cap of 1.5 million next year. He gone.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
fc756c1de958116f53c32d0bc55329f8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BPo001

Liked Posts:
So wait...

I imagine he plan is to bring Mariani back after week 1 so his salary isn't guaranteed.