CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
yeah, I did not see a way Braverman was going to make the team. Too many better receivers on the team at this point. Braverman can still develop on the practice squad. He did not play well in pre-season.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
#Bears have informed TE Tony Moeaki his contract will be terminated.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Tony Moeaki cut

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Braverman sucked, so him being cut was not a surprise. Hopefully he lands on the practice squad.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Nooooo. He caught everything thrown at him it seemed like. And we have fuck all at TE

Moeaki carried the position a little bit in preseason when injuries sidelined handful of other players at the position.

Sometimes teams are wary of carrying veterans with injury history in Week 1 because of possibility of termination pay, etc.

Briggs outlining most likely why.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Random question about practice squad players. Say another team wanted to sign someone off our practice squad. Do we get the opportunity to move that player to our active roster before thee other team gets him or is it if another team wants him he's there's?

Mitchapalooza

Moeaki carried the position a little bit in preseason when injuries sidelined handful of other players at the position.

Sometimes teams are wary of carrying veterans with injury history in Week 1 because of possibility of termination pay, etc.

Briggs outlining most likely why.
Bruh we have Zach Miller as our starting TE. Injury prone nation. But ja feel.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Random question about practice squad players. Say another team wanted to sign someone off our practice squad. Do we get the opportunity to move that player to our active roster before thee other team gets him or is it if another team wants him he's there's?

Yeah I believe once a player is on your practice squad you have the right of first refusal. We had to do this with Fales a couple years back.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Bruh we have Zach Miller as our starting TE. Injury prone nation. But ja feel.

Tweet porkins and tell him! Jokes. Yeah I get it, seems like its a thing across this team at lots of positions, fingers crossed for the start of the season now!

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Yeah I believe once a player is on your practice squad you have the right of first refusal. We had to do this with Fales a couple years back.

Correct.

As for the waiver claim, we're number 11. Just ref. the draft order I think to see who gets first dibs on all these cuts etc.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Wrong thread for it but I already embarrassed you in the IGT Thursday. Best you move on, as you got your wish, he'll have to clear waivers to land on the PS.

LOL, you embarrassed me? That's news to me. You must be some kind of narcissist to actually believe that.

I really liked Braverman, and was rooting for him to make the team, but catching a couple passes and doing absolutely nothing on special teams (where he really could have helped as a rookie), including an absolutely horrendous decision to let a punt go for 70 yards in the final pre-season game, isn't going to get you on an NFL roster.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Think there is a stat buy Braverman is the first Bears draft pick to get cut before the actual season starts since Greg McCoy in 2012.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Braverman caught everything thrown his way he just didn't get enough thrown his way. I think he will be brought back if he can develop better on special teams. I think he will be on the roster in no time.