Bears Roster Thoughts

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some Roster Thoughts

QB: they only had 2 QBs worth keeping. They should sign someone with more ability than Fales to the PR.

RB: Rodgers surprised me a little, but 3 young talented RBs and core special teamers in other areas tough to keep him. I like having Lasike on the team after he showed he can catch and play special teams.

WR: They did the right thing in keeping Meredith and not keeping the athletically limited slot guys. Bellamy has more potential on offense and special teams. Thompson is interesting, but he has the speed that really only White can add to the group.

TE: If you do not have compete TEs, you might as well have dudes that can block and won't be a liability in the run game. Scruggs and Lee do not offer anything in the passing game right now, but hopefully that production is picked up by White and a healthy Royal.

OL: The depth here is abysmal. Mike Adams was terrible, I did not see a ton from Silatolu and Edison had growing pains. I would seriously look at adding some actual talent to this unit. OT especially, but Josh Sitton interests me a ton.

DL: this group is exactly what I thought it would be.

ILB: Timu surprised a little, but Kwiatowski looked good against Cleveland and it is not a position worth keeping 5.

OLB: They needed to keep 5, it is a premium position, and I am not convinced McPhee will play at all this season. This knee situation seems to get worse and worse every time we are updated. It has gone from, he can play on it, to knee clean up, to out for camp, to missing at least 6 weeks.

CB: they will not keep 7. My guess is one of these guys go if someone is signed in another spot.

S: Prosinski does not do a lot for me, but I am sure that Rodges hand picked him as one of his guys. Other than that nothing here surprises.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wow the CBs on the team sucks!!!!! O-Line depth is thin as a wafer. Floyd better learn to be a sack master.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
3 RBs isn't strange when keeping a FB.

Be interesting if the bears got Sitton. He's an all pro OG, but the Bears obviously have Long and just drafted Whitehair there. Do u sign Sitton and move Whitehair to C or the bench? Do u play Sitton at C and take him away from his best position? Sitton also played some LT last year I believe, so he could be depth there too. I think Sullivan may be more likely since he's more of a pure C, and allows the Bears to keep Whitehair at his longterm position.

I'm actually ok with the CBs. If they don't get Desir, then nobody else is a worthy enough upgrade. Do like Timu more than Anderson at lb though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
At this point I believe the Bears have only 3 spots to add to 50 on roster. The 3 I would like to see at this point are C/G Josh Sitton, TE Jace Amaro and CB Pierre Desir.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Have to say I'm a bit concerned by how this has panned out. I don't really get the point of pre season games if you are going to ignore what comes out of them. I thought Weaver and T.Williams actually looked pretty good for example but they've been cut for players who either looked brutal or uninterested? OLB has gone from a position of strength to a big injury-plagued question mark. Why all the secrecy around injuries?

greg23

Liked Posts:
My roster thoughts......

The o-line is average (larsen is awful) and one injury away from being in trouble

Mcphees injury clearly led pace to draft floyd...he better be good

The depth is pretty blah in most spots

Adding f/a to the 53 man roster means cutting people....my guess is the bottom 7 of the current roster

Adams (hell any of the olone backups actually)....but only if oline f/a is signed

C jones

Prosinski-Merideth-Mcmanis (all seem to be special teams only players...with merideth having best shot to contribute)

Sutton

Scruggs

I'd really like to see braverman and braunecker make it to the p/s to give them a year to develop in the system

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
At this point I believe the Bears have only 3 spots to add to 50 on roster. The 3 I would like to see at this point are C/G Josh Sitton, TE Jace Amaro and CB Pierre Desir.

Cut scruggs, silatolu and prosinski and add those three, i think sitton can also play center cant he?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Practice Squad

TE Brauckner
WR Braverman
OT Jason Weaver
OG: Outside Hire
QB: Outside Hire
RB: Outside Hire
ILB John Timu
CB Bausby
NT T Williams
DE Keith Browner

baredown

Liked Posts:
Different from last year - a true FB and two blocking-oriented TEs. Suggests even greater commitment to running the ball this year. This is what Fox does. Should translate into low scoring, close games and another respectable season for Cutler...

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My roster thoughts......

The o-line is average (larsen is awful) and one injury away from being in trouble

Mcphees injury clearly led pace to draft floyd...he better be good

The depth is pretty blah in most spots

Adding f/a to the 53 man roster means cutting people....my guess is the bottom 7 of the current roster

Adams (hell any of the olone backups actually)....but only if oline f/a is signed

C jones

Prosinski-Merideth-Mcmanis (all seem to be special teams only players...with merideth having best shot to contribute)

Sutton

Scruggs

I'd really like to see braverman and braunecker make it to the p/s to give them a year to develop in the system

Lot of hand wringing here. Too bad the Bears didn't have about 10 extra 1st round picks to get some depth.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Windy, give us your prediction on record

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windy, give us your prediction on record

7-9

Favourable schedule early, but injuries and lack of depth catch up with them late. 6-10'wouldnt shock me, the only thing that would shock me is if they somehow won more than 8 games.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Outside of Jay Cutler, Charles Leno may be the most important player on the team. He literally does not have a backup who can play at all.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They only thing that doesn't suck about Jace Amaro, is his draft position.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Practice Squad

TE Brauckner
WR Braverman
OT Jason Weaver
OG: Outside Hire
QB: Outside Hire
RB: Outside Hire
ILB John Timu
CB Bausby
NT T Williams
DE Keith Browner

Those would be the 7 we cut id like to see back on the p/s (although I don't ever see timu as an nfl starter).....maybe the db peterson from ok state as well

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I am kind of peeved that Williams didnt make the final roster. I get Timu, though I would have kept him over Anderson.