Bears Roster Thoughts

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
pro tip: if you want to know which of the borderline d00ds are going to make the team look at the ST snaps in preseason.

You are welcome for the pro tip.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
I'm too sleepy for a thoughtful analysis; ergo, I'll give the abridged version:

This isn't a very good roster.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Teams can start to form their practice squad after 1:00 p.m. ET Sunday, September 4 and by Monday most teams will have a 10-player practice squad set. Though, these can be changed at any time.

Taken from a Bengals blog, thought it was the most concise point.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 7m7 minutes ago
NFL waiver claims due in 15 minutes. Teams can begin signing players to 10-man practice squad at noon.More roster shakeout likely ahead.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Outside of Jay Cutler, Charles Leno may be the most important player on the team. He literally does not have a backup who can play at all.
this is what scares me the most if leno goes down

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2m2 minutes ago
LB John Timu, who appeared in 7 games with 3 starts last season, is expected to sign to #Bears practice squad.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Practice Squad

TE Brauckner
WR Braverman
OT Jason Weaver
OG: Outside Hire
QB: Outside Hire
RB: Outside Hire
ILB John Timu
CB Bausby
NT T Williams
DE Keith Browner

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2m2 minutes ago
LB John Timu, who appeared in 7 games with 3 starts last season, is expected to sign to #Bears practice squad.

Yesterday's cuts by the bears took so long they forced butterball biggs to miss the early bird dinner.....now today the prectice squad signings are going to force butterball to miss lunch?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Sitton has filled in well at OT for the Packers.

I wouldn't say well but considering he didn't get to practice all week at LT and it was a last minute decision he did alright.

I'd rather go with Whitehair at LT if Leno went down and if the Bears were able to sign Sitton.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Yukon Cornelius is toast. The Bears won the waiver wire claim on Eric Kush - C......maybe back to the practice squad?!

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adding Kush, LeBlanc, Paulson and possibly Sitton at least shows that Pace sees the sees the same issues with this roster as we do.

The 3 signed players are all depth upgrades at least. Sitton could be a starter upgrade. That's a nice haul from cuts.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
QB: It's Jay Cutler, a top 12-16 QB in the league. Respectable backup in Hoyer.

RB: I feel Langford will be really nice, he made some beautiful cuts in the PS and his burst/acceleration makes me think that he'll hit a couple home runs for us. Kadeem Carey should/will be the guy on the goal line and in short yardage situations, he plunges forward very nicely. Howard is nice coming out of the backfield to catch passes just as the other two are.

WR: We know that Jeffery will be solid but we desperately need production out of White and Royal. I think at bare minimum White needs to put up 600 yards and 7 TDs (800 yards and 10 TDs is what I'm hoping for though) for us to compete for a playoff spot. If Royal just stays healthy he'll be effective. Bellamy and Meredith have proven that they can be effective so I think we'll see them be effective.

O-Line: Hmmm, how this group will perform is up in the air. They've shown that they have potential and that they'll probably have some good games, but they've also shown that they can struggle and they'll probably have some games in which they struggle. Whether we make the playoffs or not rests on this group and the D-Line though, Cutler plays much better when he has good protection.

D-line: I think they'll be very good against the run but struggle to create pressure (although I have hope).

OLB: I feel that Willie Young and Lamarr Houston will be a very potent combination. I think Floyd will also show potential by nabbing around 5 sacks which would make for a solid rookie season.

DB's: I expect this group to be the worst group.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Sign Sitton! Leno, Sitton, Kush/Whitehair, Long, and Massie is much more hopeful than what we have seen. Pace, cut the check!

jonimus

Liked Posts:
7-9

Favourable schedule early, but injuries and lack of depth catch up with them late. 6-10'wouldnt shock me, the only thing that would shock me is if they somehow won more than 8 games.

Disappointed in your lack of optimism, Windy. You're usually the voice of optimism (sometimes over-optimism) but most often the voice of reason. I think you're letting 3 quarters of play over-dictate your prediction. Preseason is really 3 quarters of play for the starters. There is no way they are not a much better team this year than last.. with a much easier schedule than last year.

I'm predicting 10-6. Zac Miller surprise weapon on offense. Defense much improved.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Disappointed in your lack of optimism, Windy. You're usually the voice of optimism (sometimes over-optimism) but most often the voice of reason. I think you're letting 3 quarters of play over-dictate your prediction. Preseason is really 3 quarters of play for the starters. There is no way they are not a much better team this year than last.. with a much easier schedule than last year.

I'm predicting 10-6. Zac Miller surprise weapon on offense. Defense much improved.

7-9 is optimistic, I have them 6-10! The easier schedule is the main reason I think they improve their record.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Easier schedule...

Yadda yadda yadda

I still dont see us favored in more than 6 games

Better than 7 wins would be outstanding for this team