Waiver claims and Practice Squad possibilities

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
If he passes a medical I'd be keen on John Sullivan (C) but if they're signing Kush I guess they prefer him. Josh Sitton would be great but if we picked up Sullivan who suits our run heavy scheme do we need Sitton as well when we already have Whitehair who the Bears are high on? That's not to say he's Sitton's level yet. I wish the Bears had gone in on Will Beatty (OT) as well for the back up swing tackle.

Leno Jr. Sitton, Sullivan, Long, Massie + Beatty, Whitehair, Kush. From who's been available to pick up in recent weeks this works for me.

or Leno Jr. Whitehair, Sullivan, Long, Massie and save the money on Sitton.

I'd like the Bears to pick up Pierre Desir (CB) as well.

That would be it for me.

P.S. I really would have preferred Connor Shaw to Brian Hoyer.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
well he is on the roster so I don't understand this logic ?

He was cut I am afraid. They still prefer Sutton who I guess covers two positions. At some point CornWash will get injured so Sutton can take move over solely to DE and hopefully The Swamp Monster gets back on the 53 if they put him on the PS.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he passes a medical I'd be keen on John Sullivan (C) but if they're signing Kush I guess they prefer him. Josh Sitton would be great but if we picked up Sullivan who suits our run heavy scheme do we need Sitton as well when we already have Whitehair who the Bears are high on? That's not to say he's Sitton's level yet. I wish the Bears had gone in on Will Beatty (OT) as well for the back up swing tackle.

Leno Jr. Sitton, Sullivan, Long, Massie + Beatty, Whitehair, Kush. From who's been available to pick up in recent weeks this works for me.

That would be it for me.

Desir was claimed by San Diego I believe. Shaw is on IR. Sullivan is too old to be anything more than a 1-2 yr bandaid.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears saw a lot of LeBlanc in practice. He apparently had a pretty good camp and Pats beat guys thought he would make the team. He's a stocky slot CB, without great speed. He was good in the Shrine Game this year. Edison and Hurst probably will get phone calls today.

Oh and he can also return punts. So I'm sure that played into the claim.

We kept D.Thompson who i would think won the KR/PR job. I was actually quite surprised we kept him and am still crying about cutting M.Mariani.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Desir was claimed by San Diego I believe. Shaw is on IR. Sullivan is too old to be anything more than a 1-2 yr bandaid.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Sadly you're right. Desir has gone to the Chargers. I agree Sullivan is old but he's an experience pro at the position and 1-2 years sounds fine to me as we wait for Grasu to come back. Larson is a backup (strictly). I'd just prefer not to see Cutler getting too smashed up. Sitton/Whitehair + Sullivan should prevent that happening as much.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
ok ego I like ego but his knee is becoming a thing don't know when he will be back to normal

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
#Bears have re-signed CB Da'Vante Bausby to the practice squad.

This i like. I really thought he grew in each preseason game and made some good plays in the Browns game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Re: Driskel

I haven't seen him in preseason, I was just regurgitating the desire for him during the draft on a late round flyer. He seemed to have some talent that could be harnessed with practice squad time.

Nevermind, Bengals grabbed him.

What are some other QB options for the PS?

Jay Cutler??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We have one of the shittiest teams in the NFL and you clowns are grinding on Practice Squad players? WTF loolololololololololololololololoo

Shouldn't you be sitting on your front porch yelling at the kids to stay off your lawn??

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
ok I don't know swamp monster his real name is ?

Terry Williams, UDFA out of East Carolina from last year. He's lost weight and clearly had benefited from off-season conditioning. He was getting triple-teamed against the Browns was still always in the backfield. He's a giant slab of meat-bag, but pushes forward fast.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

That would be it for me.

The Chargers claimed P.Desir

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Terry Williams, UDFA out of East Carolina from last year. He's lost weight and clearly had benefited from off-season conditioning. He was getting triple-teamed against the Browns was still always in the backfield. He's a giant slab of meat-bag, but pushes forward fast.
ah I thought swamp monster was ego lol. we are talking about the browns though ?

Nick80

Liked Posts:
For Milky -

The supply of good quarterbacks doesn’t match the demand. Which means NFL teams currently don’t regard Aaron Murray as a good quarterback.

Murray was unclaimed on waivers following his release by the Chiefs.

The 2014 fifth-round pick is now a free agent, and he can sign with any team or practice squad. Regardless of how it plays out, the fact that no one took a flier on Murray is surprising. And, for Murray, it should be disappointing.

Posted by Mike Florio on September 4, 2016, 1:14 PM EDT

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
ok ego I like ego but his knee is becoming a thing don't know when he will be back to normal

You can guarantee when the photos come out from next year's training camp, we'll all be saying "Ego really looks strong this year". Two months later he'll be injured and out of the game.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
If you didn't know who he even was then why would you even leave that comment about him still being on the roster?
because I thought he was talking about our new center at first but realized he wasn't so that's why. anything else ?