Bears get first chance to sign Josh Sitton

Newblood

Liked Posts:
No it would be dumb to not sign Sitton because of having Whitehair on your roster already.

Sitton is a much better player and makes the Bears better week one and if that means Whitehair sits for 1-3 years while being important depth at G/C/LT that's what happens.

Who suggested that we don't sign Sitton because Whitehair is on the roster?

And I seriously doubt the Bears sign a guy with back problems for 1-3 years (with the intent to keep him all 3 years). And you find a way to play your 5 best O-linemen. Or you are under the impression that the Bears are already set in the O-line position and can afford to sit a high draft pick?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Whitehair will not sit.

If the Bears sign Sitton and Whitehair is better than Edison/Larsen at C I have no problem with that.

If Edison/Larsen are better at C and the Bears are playing Whitehair because he's a 2nd rounder that I do have a problem with especially with facing the Texans week 1.

Mitchapalooza

Blasphemous AF ‏@TyYoungfelt 2m2 minutes ago
Outside of the jump from Shea to Trevathan, there is no larger improvement the Bears can potentially make than Ted Larsen to Josh Sitton

Newblood

Liked Posts:
If the Bears sign Sitton and Whitehair is better than Edison/Larsen at C I have no problem with that.

If Edison/Larsen are better at C and the Bears are playing Whitehair because he's a 2nd rounder that I do have a problem with especially with facing the Texans week 1.

The Bears are not in win-now mode, I really doubt they would have any qualms about starting a rookie, that is supposed to be the future, over the other 2 guys you mentioned. Even if Whitehair has some growing pains.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does GB Cut this guy if it only saves them 5.9 mil, and his backup is a big drop-off? Something doesn't smell right.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Why does GB Cut this guy if it only saves them 5.9 mil, and his backup is a big drop-off? Something doesn't smell right.

He might have back issues. Packers rarely keep over 30 (age) guys. Their GM has a massive ego and always has a replacement ready in his mind (usually is right). They weren't going to give him an extension and knew he wasn't happy about it, so they cut ties with the potential headache.

Take your pick.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
because they weren't gonna re-sign him after 2016.

He was still under contract for this year. Packers must not have wanted the distraction of him wanting a new contract. Unless his body is breaking down.

Mitchapalooza

I don't overthink why Ted Thompson does the stupid shit he does. He has managed to grossly mismanage his team's roster to the point of wasting Rodgers' prime. I personally don't mind his stupidity.
Yup. TT isn't that good.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
You would probably move Whitehair to center and put Sitton at LG so we can get rid of Ted Larsen's ass as a starter.

I'm not sure I like the idea of playing Whitehair out of his natural position, but Larsen is clearly the weakest link on the O-Line right now.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You can't tell me Sitton isn't a huge upgrade over the crap we have at Center and Whitehair has shown the athleticism they are looking for in their run game at LG while he looked shaky at C. No way Whitehair sits over Larsen or throw me on the Pace hate train.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Newblood

Liked Posts:
You can't tell me Sitton isn't a huge upgrade over the crap we have at Center and Whitehair has shown the athleticism they are looking for in their run game at LG while he looked shaky at C. No way Whitehair sits over Larsen or throw me on the Pace hate train.

Pretty sure Pace doesn't dictate who plays and at what position.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you guys think cutting Slauson was a good idea? Is it that we all know it was Special person and you're just sick of hearing about it?

I'm trying to figure out if anyone thinks it was a shrewd move.

Slauson? never heard of him

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the plus side Bears have the advantage of being able to offer the guy a starting role and is close to GB. On the negative, if he wants to play for a super bowl contender he's not even considering Chicago.