Or possibly RT.

And maybe in a pinch LT.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
I heard that guy was from the Packers :smug2:

43710213.jpg

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I think this gets done unless Sitton want a stupid deal that the bears wont pay.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they sign him I hope to god it's for Center. Would be dumb to sit Whitehair and I don't think Whitehair is ready for Center.

Leno - Whitehair - Sitton - Long - Massie. Now that looks pretty freaking solid and Larsen can sit on the bench. Also gives insurance in the event that Long's injury gets worse. Hell, people might even stop sobbing over Slauson.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they sign him I hope to god it's for Center. Would be dumb to sit Whitehair and I don't think Whitehair is ready for Center.

Leno - Whitehair - Sitton - Long - Massie. Now that looks pretty freaking solid and Larsen can sit on the bench. Also gives insurance in the event that Long's injury gets worse. Hell, people might even stop sobbing over Slauson.

But Slauson HOF bro.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:

Sitton isn't going to sign here to play center.

Whitehair would most likely be a depth guy for the next 1-3 years. The Packers are doing the same thing with Spriggs who they took before Whitehair was drafted.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Sitton isn't going to sign here to play center.

Whitehair would most likely be a depth guy for the next 1-3 years. The Packers are doing the same thing with Spriggs who they took before Whitehair was drafted.

They didn't draft an OG in the 2nd round to be a depth guy for 1-3 years. LOL

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Sitton wasn't very good at his time at tackle, so the rook either bites the bullet or rides the pine.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
They didn't draft an OG in the 2nd round to be a depth guy for 1-3 years. LOL

Yes they drafted an OT to do exactly that.

He's insurance if a deal cannot be made with Bakhtiari.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Yes they drafted an OT to do exactly that.

He's insurance if a deal cannot be made with Bakhtiari.

Whitehair dude, Whitehair. I don't care what the Packers are doing.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Whitehair dude, Whitehair. I don't care what the Packers are doing.

He was saying it would be stupid to sit a 2nd round draft pick.

I'm just saying it's not really that out of the ordinary for a 2nd round draft pick to sit especially if you have the chance to sign an All-Pro to replace him.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
He was saying it would be stupid to sit a 2nd round draft pick.

I'm just saying it's not really that out of the ordinary for a 2nd round draft pick to sit especially if you have the chance to sign an All-Pro to replace him.

For a LT you could make an argument for sitting him out 1-3 years waiting for your current stud LT to retire or whatnot. For an OG? For 1 year, sure. More than that would be dumb.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
For a LT you could make an argument for sitting him out 1-3 years waiting for your current stud LT to retire or whatnot. For an OG? For 1 year, sure. More than that would be dumb.

No it would be dumb to not sign Sitton because of having Whitehair on your roster already.

Sitton is a much better player and makes the Bears better week one and if that means Whitehair sits for 1-3 years while being important depth at G/C/LT that's what happens.

ignignokt

Liked Posts:
Well it is a week before the season starts, why not use him at right guard and slide Long to right tackle. What?