2013- 63-99
2014- 73-89

That's a total record for over a 3 year period of: 221 - 265

The Cubs over that period are as follows:
2012- 61-101
2013- 66-96
2014- 73-89

Total 3 year period record of: 200-286

Not a great 3 year period of baseball in Chicago, EXCEPT, the Cubs were trying to lose. The White Sox, who go for it every year, were only 21 games better than a team that didn't want to win. Let's look at this season and last:

2015: 76-86
2016: 63-68

Total record for the Sox: 139-154

2015: 97-65
2016: 84-47

Total record for the Cubs: 181-112

So over the course of 5 seasons, the "Go For it Every Year" White Sox have lost 21 more games than a team that didn't give a shit how many games they won over 60% of those five years. Yet Hahn, Kenny, and Robin remain. Instead Greg Walker and a scout take the axe. Instead of embracing the changes in approach to the game that has helped: the Cubs, Red Sox, Rays, Astros, or the A's, we get the same tired lines of "grindy" and "Chicago Tough," spearheaded by that homeristic bafoon in the broadcast booth during away games. Instead of rebuilding what I can only imagine is a bottom third minor league system by trading a top 5 pitcher and a top....15(???) pitcher, let's instead keep them around because of "team friendly contracts" only to blow quality starts thanks to a left fielder who can't throw the ball to the fucking pitcher's mound.

*** Side Note: Interesting stat I heard today....There have been 230 fly balls hit this year that have gone 200' feet or less, while a runner is on third. Of those 230 fly balls hit, only 6 times has an outfielder allowed a runner to score. Avisail Garcia is the 7th. And it was a walk-off ***

Look, I realize Jerry is old and wants to see another championship. I get it. It's his team, he can run it as he sees fit. I also get, and actually somewhat admire, how loyal he is to "his guys." That being said there is no way in hell this team wins another championship while he is alive. I would hope he comes to realize that his lasting legacy to the team/city/fans would be stripping the whole thing down (road play-by-play guy included), and doing something similar to what the Cubs have done.

I can't even stand to fucking watch this team anymore.

tl;dr: tribar/crm/whatever the fuck she calls herself, is a cunt.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
From 2012-14 the White Sox finished with the following records:
2012- 85-77
2013- 63-99
2014- 73-89

That's a total record for over a 3 year period of: 221 - 265

The Cubs over that period are as follows:
2012- 61-101
2013- 66-96
2014- 73-89

Total 3 year period record of: 200-286

Not a great 3 year period of baseball in Chicago, EXCEPT, the Cubs were trying to lose. The White Sox, who go for it every year, were only 21 games better than a team that didn't want to win. Let's look at this season and last:

2015: 76-86
2016: 63-68

Total record for the Sox: 139-154

2015: 97-65
2016: 84-47

Total record for the Cubs: 181-112

So over the course of 5 seasons, the "Go For it Every Year" White Sox have lost 21 more games than a team that didn't give a shit how many games they won over 60% of those five years. Yet Hahn, Kenny, and Robin remain. Instead Greg Walker and a scout take the axe. Instead of embracing the changes in approach to the game that has helped: the Cubs, Red Sox, Rays, Astros, or the A's, we get the same tired lines of "grindy" and "Chicago Tough," spearheaded by that homeristic bafoon in the broadcast booth during away games. Instead of rebuilding what I can only imagine is a bottom third minor league system by trading a top 5 pitcher and a top....15(???) pitcher, let's instead keep them around because of "team friendly contracts" only to blow quality starts thanks to a left fielder who can't throw the ball to the fucking pitcher's mound.

*** Side Note: Interesting stat I heard today....There have been 230 fly balls hit this year that have gone 200' feet or less, while a runner is on third. Of those 230 fly balls hit, only 6 times has an outfielder allowed a runner to score. Avisail Garcia is the 7th. And it was a walk-off ***

Look, I realize Jerry is old and wants to see another championship. I get it. It's his team, he can run it as he sees fit. I also get, and actually somewhat admire, how loyal he is to "his guys." That being said there is no way in hell this team wins another championship while he is alive. I would hope he comes to realize that his lasting legacy to the team/city/fans would be stripping the whole thing down (road play-by-play guy included), and doing something similar to what the Cubs have done.

I can't even stand to fucking watch this team anymore.

tl;dr: tribar/crm/whatever the fuck she calls herself, is a cunt.

I really have no expectations for this team right now. That's the most disappointing part, to me, that they've made me completely apathetic about the success or failure of this franchise. I usually get pretty excited when baseball gets rolling in April, but in the last few years, I'm mentally checked out by June. Still go to a handful of games here and there because it's still fun to go to the games, but I'm not as emotionally invested with this team as I am with just about every other team I cheer for. And that sucks. A lot. Plus I don't see it changing for the all the reasons you outlined.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
You know they won't, but they really need to say fuck it and blow it up.

They really blew it at the deadline. I get not moving Sale and Q if you don't get the right offer given age, contract, talent, etc. But I can't believe no one inquired about Melky, Fraze, Robertson, etc.

Its clear this patch work approach isn't working. It hasn't worked for almost a decade. Hell, I don't even want them to go all out and spend a ton of money this offseason because it'll probably fail and we'll be shitty and strapped for cash (Padres).

Any criticism this franchise gets is deserved.