Connor Barth replaces Gould

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Fuck, the Bears make me cringe for the past month watching them in pre-season, but then they give me one day full of great moves, and they drag me back in...

[video=youtube;h4UqMyldS7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q[/video]

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

Rise

Liked Posts:

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Once Barth sucks, and Gould is still sitting at home. Pace will resign Gould for cheap.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
It's a rebuild, folks. I'm not surprised. Guy has been in decline. Your kicker bails YOU out, not the other way around.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's his touchback rate look like? Can he kick it out of the end zone?

better question is how is his onside kick rate? cause we all know how great gould was with his onside kicking lol..

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Fuck, the Bears make me cringe for the past month watching them in pre-season, but then they give me one day full of great moves, and they drag me back in...

[video=youtube;h4UqMyldS7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q[/video]
I'm little bummed about losing Gould because kicking at Soldier Field aint easy but it was still a good day.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
The Bears are moving on from their longtime kicker.

Robbie Gould, who has been the Bears’ kicker since 2005, has been told he’s getting cut, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Gould, the Bears’ longest-tenured player and only player remaining from their last Super Bowl appearance, was scheduled to make $2.9 million this season, and the Bears have apparently decided to go with a cheaper kicker. It’s unclear at this point who that cheaper kicker will be.

Last year the 34-year-old Gould made 33 of 39 field goals, with a long of 55 yards, and 28 of 29 extra points. He managed touchbacks on 60.7 percent of his kickoffs. It’s likely he’ll catch on somewhere else and kick in the NFL this season, just not in Chicago.

from PFT

:pace:

xcutioner1977

Liked Posts:
THNX for the great years Robbie but it was time. Kicks that used to be automatic u had me crossing my fingers the last 2 years

UH BUH BYE

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
People say Gould was good at Soldier field due to knowing how to kick in the conditions. I understand he was probably the best PK the Bears ever had, but last year he wasn't good. The Bears were 1-7 at home. Gould missed a winning FG against MN. Missed a GW 30 yarder against SF. Missed a game tying FG against Washington. Could've lost the Bears the SD game with his 2'missed FGs. This preseason he was awful. Gould's arrow is pointing down. Why pay this man 2.9 million for this performance?

mecha

Liked Posts:
People say Gould was good at Soldier field due to knowing how to kick in the conditions. I understand he was probably the best PK the Bears ever had, but last year he wasn't good. The Bears were 1-7 at home. Gould missed a winning FG against MN. Missed a GW 30 yarder against SF. Missed a game tying FG against Washington. Could've lost the Bears the SD game with his 2'missed FGs. This preseason he was awful. Gould's arrow is pointing down. Why pay this man 2.9 million for this performance?

they unloaded a lot of other "older" players. for valid or questionable reasons. I think this Gould move is entirely valid. you can cite all the great memories you want, we're not seeing Robbie Gould age 24-25 with an entire career ahead of him, it's Gould age 34-35 with a lot of mileage.

I know other people devastated by this move. I choose not to get attached to players anymore.

AktionJackson

Liked Posts:
This one sums it up perfectly.

26ec87c5d1f7d2dba267363f709c78cf.jpg