Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I understand what Biff is saying, I guess. I just don't understand why you need all the historical nonsense in there. It doesn't mean anything.
It reads like a HS term paper written after waiting until the last minute. Check out a few books on Lombardi, cite a few stretch similarities, say nothing of real substance, go back to playing COD, and turn it in the next morning.

CallMeYams

Liked Posts:
It reads like a HS term paper written after waiting until the last minute. Check out a few books on Lombardi, cite a few stretch similarities, say nothing of real substance, go back to playing COD, and turn it in the next morning.
Yea but you'd still get an A on said paper.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah a beat writer isn't supposed to bring context or precedent to his articles.... What?

Right, so let's compare how the 1946 Bears constructed their team 70 years ago and how it relates to Brandon Marshall.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
I know you are a Bears fan who has to hate all things Packers but come on. Consistently making the playoffs for a long period of time isn't easy to do in the FA era of the NFL. Can't compare it to what the Patriots have done under Belichick because that's obviously not the standard

Their FO isn't perfect at all but if they are overrated which FO isn't? Just the Patriots?

They make the playoffs every year because of the back to back HoF QBs along with playing in a bad division. Most years they have no competition. Vikings put together a good team about once every 5 years. The Bears about once every 10 years. And the Lions about once every 25 years. The rest of the years the division and playoff birth is theirs by default based on their quarterback.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
This article is stupid as all fuck. Cutting the olineman sucks but if you have a great qb you are fine. If Green Gay cut Rodgers they would instantly suck the balls that he does nightly.

hello

Liked Posts:
They make the playoffs every year because of the back to back HoF QBs along with playing in a bad division. Most years they have no competition. Vikings put together a good team about once every 5 years. The Bears about once every 10 years. And the Lions about once every 25 years. The rest of the years the division and playoff birth is theirs by default based on their quarterback.

I mean, by this reasoning the Patriots have had it the easiest because their division has been putrid ever since Brady/Belichick took over. Jets, Bills, and Dolphins haven't had any stability at their QB position at all. The North has had to deal with the best RB of this era, the best WR of this era and of the past era and I'd certainly take Cutler/Stafford/Bridgewater over what the Jets/Dolphins/Bills have been trotting out over the years. NFCN has seen every team make the playoffs over the past 6 years. Just 4 or 5 years ago 3 teams won double digit games.

Look at Brees with the Saints. He was the best QB in that division until this past season but the Saints have struggled to get back to the playoffs because the team around him is poor

Having Rodgers obviously makes it easier to get away with less than if you had Stafford or Cutler as your QB but you still need a modicum of talent to do anything. They didn't just magically get these pro bowl WR's, good OL, Mike Daniels/Clay Matthews etc out of thin air. Hell, we saw just last season how much the team's performance suffers when the talent around Rodgers isn't up to par. Offense struggled mightily with the loss of Jordy and Cobb/Adams palying injured and Lacy gaining more weight than yards as the season went on.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol. It took me 15 seconds to realize that this is the biggest Packer fluff piece ever written. Meanwhile, Biff is praising it like it's good journalism. Lololol.

Ted Thompson summoned the GUSTO of Vince Lombardi to make this decision. Uh huh. If Ted Thompson lasts that long, he's going to be in serious trouble once Aaron Rodgers is gone. It's amazing what an arguably top-5 QB of all-time can do to make up for your shortcomings. Without Rodgers, the Packers would be below average to average every year. But just our luck, he's an amazing player, and he shits on our faces every season. FUN!

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Dougherty: Sitton release Lombardi-like
Pete Dougherty | USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin

Thompson doesn’t always operate this way. For instance, he stuck with the aging Donald Driver for too long. By the end of the 2011 season Driver was an afterthought to opposing defenses, which the New York Giants exploited in their playoff upset of a Packers team that was 15-1.
How does an opposing team exploit a former good WR now playing average?

Intercept passes thrown at him? Conventional wisdom puts that on the QB targeting him.