Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Sitton

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Comparing Thompson to Lombardi for cutting Sitton is what you call a "good article?" Lol. It's the definition of a fluff piece. Fuck the packers and the lolla land their media and fans live in. Anyone with a brain understands Rodgers masks the numerous deficiencies of Ted Thompson and the Packers. That was the biggest meatball article I have ever read.

Rise

Liked Posts:
So when the packers cut a vet its "ruthless aggression that makes Lombardi proud" but when the Bears do it they are "classless".

Why this is you might ask? Because negativity sells in Chicago, and positivity sells in Green Bay.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
A Good GM would've cut the guy back in the spring and made moves accordingly. No point at all in waiting til now

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hahahahahaha, well written article, but it sounds more like they're trying to feel better for losing a pro bowl guard by calling Thompson the modern day Lombardi.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Good writing? it's nothing more than a fluff piece with revisionist justification for the move.

Cutting ties with an All Pro because he is salty about his expiring contract or other issue. Sounds very Martellus Bennett/Brandon Marshall like, minus the All Pro status in the season proceeding the cutting or the ability to get even a late round pick in return.

This move reminds me more of a Jerry Angelo, "I'm smarter than everyone," move than a move by a legendary coach/GM.

As a side note, you copy and paste about as well as you blog. Clean that shit up.

Last edited:

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Comparing Thompson to Lombardi for cutting Sitton is what you call a "good article?" Lol. It's the definition of a fluff piece. Fuck the packers and the lolla land their media and fans live in. Anyone with a brain understands Rodgers masks the numerous deficiencies of Ted Thompson and the Packers. That was the biggest meatball article I have ever read.

Thank you. I was wondering what the hell 51 was talking about. They are going to justify the cut anyway they can in order to keep up the illusion of genius in the Packers front office. Truth is we got stronger, packers got weaker. Fuck the packers.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
WTF is up with posting an entire article? You do know that by doing that you have subjected the owners of this site to a lawsuit via copywrite vioation? First time on the internet?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least when the Bears cut Slauson the beat writers questioned the move and some even cited scheme......

but to cite what Vince Lombardi did is just preposterous.

This would be like justifying not paying Wilber Marshall because that's what Halas did.....

this is a shitty article written by a homer.......he couldn't even see a decline in how the player played last year so he cites Lombardi as the reason.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF is up with posting an entire article? You do know that by doing that you have subjected the owners of this site to a lawsuit via copywrite vioation? First time on the internet?

its copyright......jesus christ! my 10 year old flips shit better than you.....

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This would be like justifying not paying Wilber Marshall because that's what Halas did.....

this is a shitty article written by a homer.......he couldn't even see a decline in how the player played last year so he cites Lombardi as the reason.....

What a great point. Remember Marshalls deal was a million dollars?

Anyway, I dont know, usually when the Packers say a player is done, the player is done. I guess we hope this guy is in the Favre discussion of having something left, even though it was driven by being told he had nothing left.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Who gives a shit about the Lombardi vs. Thompson comparison.

Actually having a guy that knows the history of the franchise of the team he's covering is refreshing enough. It shows this guy actually did research before writing the piece and he had input from other personnel directors around the league aka guys who know the game (which so many desperately say is necessary in order to have an opinion on this board) about his decline in play.

You never get historical type of coverage by Bears beat writers.
As an example no one knew what to make of the Marc Trestman hire and merely pointed to his CFL experience.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who gives a shit about the Lombardi vs. Thompson comparison.

Actually having a guy that knows the history of the franchise of the team he's covering is refreshing enough. It shows this guy actually did research before writing the piece and he had input from other personnel directors around the league aka guys who know the game (which so many desperately say is necessary in order to have an opinion on this board) about his decline in play.

You never get historical type of coverage by Bears beat writers.
As an example no one knew what to make of the Marc Trestman hire and merely pointed to his CFL experience.

Biff your world is small.

You don't recall anyone discussing Trestman's previous NFL experience.......you moron

And what the fuck does releasing a pro-bowl OG have to do with Packer's history.......wtf is wrong with you

YFPb6x5.gif