"We like our team."

"All the pieces are in place."

"Plan the parade route."

"McPhatee is day to day. We like McPhatee."

disliked.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 4m4 minutes ago
Ego Ferguson, who was waived/injured, will go on injured reserve. He needs shoulder surgery, #Bears GM Ryan Pace said.

Little confused, so...Ego Ferguson is still a Bear?

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL
#Bears OC Dowell Loggains was a big fan of Matt Barkley, which is why he's not on the practice squad. Sounds like they wanted a change.
5:36 PM - 5 Sep 2016

I'm confused by this one. I thought they signed him to the PS?

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
Ego Ferguson, who was waived/injured, will go on injured reserve. He needs shoulder surgery, #Bears GM Ryan Pace said.

Lmaooo dude I was thinking the same thing to myself when he said that? What gives?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I believe, and I could just be pulling this out of my fat ass, that you can't cut an injured player. I think once the injury is discovered they are automatically put on the team's IR. Once they are cleared to play they are then released.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe, and I could just be pulling this out of my fat ass, that you can't cut an injured player. I think once the injury is discovered they are automatically put on the team's IR. Once they are cleared to play they are then released.

unless injury settlement....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ferguson was waived/injured and would have been due an injury settlement. Bears then elected to put him on IR instead.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL
#Bears OC Dowell Loggains was a big fan of Matt Barkley, which is why he's not on the practice squad. Sounds like they wanted a change.
5:36 PM - 5 Sep 2016

I'm confused by this one. I thought they signed him to the PS?

I'm only guessing that he meant to say that is why Fales is not on the practice squad. Barkley is on the PS

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

http://russellstreetreport.com/salarycap/waiver-rules/

4. Up until the first cutdown date, injured players with less than four years of service cannot go onto IR until they pass through waivers. Those players are released with the “waived/injured” designation. Known as “injury waivers,” this process exposes the player to waivers, but warns other teams that the player is injured. If the player clears injury waivers, the team can then either place the player on IR or agree to an injury settlement (paying the player for the weeks that he is expected to be recovering from his injury) and then release the player.

It is important to keep in mind that injury waivers only apply during the offseason, up until the first cutdown date. So, as of the first cutdown date, a player with less than four years of service time can be placed directly on IR, although some teams will still use the “waived-injured” designation, hoping that another team will claim the player, thereby relieving them of the financial responsibility for a player on IR.