Starting O-LINE

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
Pace is not budging on what the starting line will look like when asked at the press conference. Personally I'm not comfortable with Larsen starting at C. But it looks like it will be him

Leno- Sitton - Larsen - Long - Massie

My question, has whitehair taken any snaps at center? Could he possibly replace Larsen at the job?

I have more confidence in him as a lineman than Larsen at this point

Rise

Liked Posts:
What about Kush? He might be a better option over Larsen. Its the only real unknown on this team right now. We will just have to wait and see the practice notes.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Rather start a complete unknown at C Whitehair over Larsen. Dude is steaming hot dumpster juice. Should only be out there for emergencies.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Personally, I cannot wait for Larsen to be off this team. I hope Kush pushes for the primary C backup behind Whitehair this year.

I dont know how great Whitehair would be as a starting C, but I want him to get on-field reps so that when he eventually takes over the LG spot, he is 100% ready for the job.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace is not budging on what the starting line will look like when asked at the press conference. Personally I'm not comfortable with Larsen starting at C. But it looks like it will be him

Leno- Sitton - Larsen - Long - Massie

My question, has whitehair taken any snaps at center? Could he possibly replace Larsen at the job?

I have more confidence in him as a lineman than Larsen at this point

J.Fox said today that center is C.Whitehair's best position so it sounds like he's gonna be our starting center.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I feel like there are going to be a lot of fumbled snaps this year.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Out of interest is there anyone on the board (after the Sitton signing) who would like to also sign John Sullivan on a 1-2 year contract with only 1 year guaranteed?

Seems to me it would potentially stunt Whitehair's growth a little but I am all for winning now and if Sullivan is injury free and has experience playing the type of game the Bears want to play why wouldn't you? Do people think he's a better option to start or not. It's not like he'd cost that much and we could move on from him if he didn't perform like one would hope pretty easily.

Leno Jr., Sitton, Sullivan, Long, Massie + Mike Adams, Cody Whitehair and Ted Larson? I still don't like Adams as the back up tackle but I don't think we're solving that position anytime soon.

It just seems to me that the depth would only get better (even it means your 2nd rounder not starting in his first season) and better depth is something the Bears definitely need on their roster.

I wonder if Leno Jr. got injured would we in fact move Long to LT and then Whitehair could step in at RG?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Out of interest is there anyone on the board (after the Sitton signing) who would like to also sign John Sullivan on a 1-2 year contract with only 1 year guaranteed?

Seems to me it would potentially stunt Whitehair's growth a little but I am all for winning now and if Sullivan is injury free and has experience playing the type of game the Bears want to play why wouldn't you? Do people think he's a better option to start or not. It's not like he'd cost that much and we could move on from him if he didn't perform like one would hope pretty easily.

Leno Jr., Sitton, Sullivan, Long, Massie + Mike Adams, Cody Whitehair and Ted Larson? I still don't like Adams as the back up tackle but I don't think we're solving that position anytime soon.

It just seems to me that the depth would only get better (even it means your 2nd rounder not starting in his first season) and better depth is something the Bears definitely need on their roster.

I wonder if Leno Jr. got injured would we in fact move Long to LT and then Whitehair could step in at RG?

I would be fine with signing J.Sullivan if that's what Fox/Pace think would be best for this team unless they truly think Whitehair can play a solid center. I'd hate for Whitehair to have to sit a couple of years but he'd be a great player to have ready to step in if any injuries happened at LG or C.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well with that immediate time roster shift I'd not want the gm to really know.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk