(2) - QB: Cutler, Hoyer
(3) - RB: Langford, Howard, Carey
(1) - FB: Lasike
(6) - WR: Jeffery, White, Royal, Bellamy, Meredith, Thompson
(3) - TE: Miller, Paulsen, Scruggs
(8) - OL: Long, Sitton, Leno, Whitehair, Massie, Larsen, Adams, Kush

(27): DEFENSE
(6) - DL: Hicks, Goldman, Unrein, Bullard, Washington, Sutton
(9) - LB: Trevathan, Freeman, Young, Houston, Floyd, Acho, Jones, Anderson, Kwiatkoski
(7) - CB: Fuller, Porter, Callahan, Hall, McManis, Glenn, LeBlanc
(5) - SS: Amos, Jones-Quartey, Bush, Prosinski, Houston-Carson

(3): SPECIAL TEAMS
(1) - K: Barth
(1) - P: O'Donnell
(1) - LS: Scales

(9): PRACTICE SQUAD
QB: Barkley
DB: Bausby
DB: Hurst*
TE: Braunecker
WR: Braverman
LB: Timu
OL: Weaver
OL: Edison*
RB: Perry

That's not horrible. We've had worse.

* - Edited after original post.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Certainly managed to get the team young pretty quick. Now just to get them good.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Will be a fun year if you look at it from a long term perspective and enjoy watching new guys develop. See what's working, what isn't.

If you only watch for wins and Super Bowl this year is gunna suck for you lol. Come back in 2 years.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
O-line, D-Line, and LBs are drastically improved. WRs are a strong group. Secondary is shitty. QBs average. Special teams ?. Looks like 8-8 team with a chance to go 9-7 or 10-6 if young players came to play, and Cutler is not a turnover machine.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is where we stand at the moment?

(23): OFFENSE
(2) - QB: Cutler, Hoyer
(3) - RB: Langford, Howard, Carey
(1) - FB: Lasike
(6) - WR: Jeffery, White, Royal, Bellamy, Meredith, Thompson
(3) - TE: Miller, Paulsen, Scruggs
(8) - OL: Long, Sitton, Leno, Whitehair, Massie, Larsen, Adams, Kush

(27): DEFENSE
(6) - DL: Hicks, Goldman, Unrein, Bullard, Washington, Sutton
(9) - LB: Trevathan, Freeman, Young, Houston, Floyd, Acho, Jones, Anderson, Kwiatkoski
(7) - CB: Fuller, Porter, Callahan, Hall, McManis, Glenn, LeBlanc
(5) - SS: Amos, Jones-Quartey, Bush, Prosinski, Houston-Carson

(3): SPECIAL TEAMS
(1) - K: Barth
(1) - P: O'Donnell
(1) - LS: Scales

(7): PRACTICE SQUAD
QB: Barkley
DB: Bausby
TE: Braunecker
WR: Braverman
LB: Timu
OL: Weaver
RB: Perry

That's not horrible. We've had worse.

Was Kush and LeBlanc brought up to the 53?? I thought they were PS??

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
O-line, D-Line, and LBs are drastically improved. WRs are a strong group. Secondary is shitty. QBs average. Special teams ?. Looks like 8-8 team with a chance to go 9-7 or 10-6 if young players came to play, and Cutler is not a turnover machine.

I'd say pretty much this.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
The bears run game could potentially be a game changer this season. That interior OL went from a question mark to one of the better units in the league. Langford is gonna get some holes. Not only that, but cutler should consistently have a pocket to step into. I'm a little more confident in a 10-6 record. That secondary is still ass though

Lake Camelot

Liked Posts:

I think unless White is really good our receivers/TE are a real weak group. Our secondary is really bad like you say (7-9)

If we can really run the ball (Jay sticks to that mostly) and the D improves then we can be better. If Jay is hurt or some D players we could still be awful.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think unless White is really good our receivers/TE are a real weak group. Our secondary is really bad like you say (7-9)

If we can really run the ball (Jay sticks to that mostly) and the D improves then we can be better. If Jay is hurt or some D players we could still be awful.

I think White can be good. Meredith and Bellamy can catch the ball. Royal is serviceable when healthy. Alshon is an elite WR when healthy. I like the Bears WRs. TEs are a ? as well due to injury concerns. Miller can make plays if he stays healthy. RBs will be improved due to O-Line. I like my analysis.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Last I saw, Lee was on the depth chart at TE and Paulson wasny

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Looks good, the only thing I see that should be changed, and sure it will in a few weeks, is...RB: Howard, Langford, Carey in that order!

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

Eddie Royal is the key to the WR group. He has to have a good season for us to move the ball consistently. Miller has to stay healthy as well. Alshon and White are going to be fine. As far as our secondary, it would be nice if an all pro safety got cut or Fuller played like a top 15 pick.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eddie Royal is the key to the WR group. He has to have a good season for us to move the ball consistently. Miller has to stay healthy as well. Alshon and White are going to be fine. As far as our secondary, it would be nice if an all pro safety got cut or Fuller played like a top 15 pick.

Dashon Gholson was out there. Bears must like their young players better.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Last I saw, Lee was on the depth chart at TE and Paulson wasny
chicagobears.com doesn't update the depth chart often. theyve only updated twice all year. cant go by that, as they aren't serious abut posting a real one.

09/04/2016: Waived OL Cornelius Edison, DB Demontre Hurst and TE Khari Lee.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Looks good, the only thing I see that should be changed, and sure it will in a few weeks, is...RB: Howard, Langford, Carey in that order!
it doesnt matter. we already know Fox wants to go with the hot hand in a RB by committee.

Loggains will probably follow that.

All three youngins need exp to develop their vision.

Langford has the speed, avg size, & highest receiving pedigree. That makes a Defense have to guess & spreadout.He's the guy to start.

Howard may be our perfect change-of-pace between-the-tackles power-back. We don't want to wear-him-out, there are durability concerns. He might start yet, if he shows (more) ability to run outside, block & receive.

I like giving all 3 plenty of snaps, keep fresh, develop into all-purpose.

hello

Liked Posts:
Considering the divisions the North faces this year(NFCE and AFCS) + the Bears getting to face the last place teams from the NFCW and NFCS, I actually like the Bears to be pretty competitive. Still think Minnesota, even with Bradford, likely finish 2nd because their defense is no joke and Adrian Beaturson's steroid use has kept him going strong, but the Bears will be in the conversation for a WC spot.