The Fantasy Advice Thread!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
blount or terrance west as rb2 in week 1

don't ask; one of my worst drafs for rbs ever, and I had forgotten that leveon bell was suspended again and was drafting from my phone. so once you get done laughing...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hmm.. well Terrace West is probably not the starter in Baltimore as they re-signed Forsett... And Blount is a NE running back which means Bellichek may not even use him.

I have to say, I'd go with Blount. But neither are very good options.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
don't ask; one of my worst drafs for rbs ever, and I had forgotten that leveon bell was suspended again and was drafting from my phone. so once you get done laughing...

is it PPR? If it is I say it is a toss up...if not go with Blount.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not ppr so i was going with blount since it looks like forsett will play

-- tapatalkin'!

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Not ppr so i was going with blount since it looks like forsett will play

-- tapatalkin'!

I agree on Blount. With Forsett returning, West is definitely a sketchy play and may not touch the ball much at all. Neither are optimal, with Blount going against the Cardinals defense though.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thanks. Yeah, per the op, i know they are shitty, was just thinking out loud who would be less shitty week 1

-- tapatalkin'!

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Foster, Matt Jones or Melvin Gordon

I have probably the worst possible matchups for running backs this week, with Jones, Foster and Gordon all going against top 3 running defenses from last year.

Sadly, I have to pick one.

Anyone have insight on who they would prefer this week?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Standard, I'm assuming? Go with Gordon.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Blount....

dO4ukVg.png

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
PPR full point

Hmm. Probably still Gordon. Jones is banged up a bit, and I'd wait a week or 2 to see how Foster is utilized imo.

I think Gordon is the safest bet.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hmm. Probably still Gordon. Jones is banged up a bit, and I'd wait a week or 2 to see how Foster is utilized imo.

I think Gordon is the safest bet.

^^^ This

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I thought avoiding Jones this week was the best play, just wasn't sure on Foster vs. Gordon.

Think I'll just leave Gordon and see what happens. My entire team has pretty rough matchups this week, so it will be rough sledding regardless of which guy is my #2 RB.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Out of curiosity, who's your RB1? Your RB position appears to be incredibly deep.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd go Foster. He was named the starter in a Gase offense that was pretty friendly to Forte. I drafted Gordon in a lot of leagues, but want to wait and see how he performs before I play him. Woodhead is going to vulture his TD's. I'd say Jones if he wasn't banged up.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Blount. He's boom or bust in that offense, but West is just going to be a bust.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Out of curiosity, who's your RB1? Your RB position appears to be incredibly deep.

Ingram is my RB1. That one was the easy choice.

And yeah, I got very lucky in this year's draft. Jones in the 7th and Melvin Gordon in the 8th. Hopefully this year makes up for last year's disaster of having Dez Bryant, Alshon and Peyton Manning all on my team.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I'd go Foster. He was named the starter in a Gase offense that was pretty friendly to Forte. I drafted Gordon in a lot of leagues, but want to wait and see how he performs before I play him. Woodhead is going to vulture his TD's. I'd say Jones if he wasn't banged up.

That was my big conundrum. With Gordon going against a tough D, I was afraid Woodhead would be on the field alot for pass catching. Jones is simply a matter of waiting to see how the shoulder is for a week.

None of my 3 options are great this week though. Literally the 1,2,3 run defenses for those 3 guys to go up against.