The Fantasy Advice Thread!

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Bell and Howard. Murray plays KC in KC on TNF. Thursday games blow usually and he's playing a tough D. It's tough to sit Forte with that matchup, but the Jets are in shambles right now. I think Howard is the safest option.

I can play 3 of the 4 listed...right now I have Bell, Howard and Forte in...my question really is do I keep Murray on the bench and if not who would I sit?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can play 3 of the 4 listed...right now I have Bell, Howard and Forte in...my question really is do I keep Murray on the bench and if not who would I sit?

Murray's having a decent game. Sorry man! I didn't realized you could play 3 of the 4. Need to work on my reading comprehension. I probably would have gone Bell, Howard, Forte though.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Murray's having a decent game. Sorry man! I didn't realized you could play 3 of the 4. Need to work on my reading comprehension. I probably would have gone Bell, Howard, Forte though.

Ended up going with my gut and put Murray in...now got to decide between Howard and Forte

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ended up going with my gut and put Murray in...now got to decide between Howard and Forte

Normally, I'd say be a Bears homer and play Howard, but considering Forte was an awesome back for us for years puts you in a pickle. Best of luck. I'd probably still go Howard.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte should be well rested doe after last week debacle. But, the Jets may have giving up as well.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
12 running backs have scored 15+ points against the 49ers in my league. Only 2 games have seen a running back score under 15 (Ajayi with 12 a few weeks ago and Gurley with 5 in the first game of the season). In several cases, the starter AND backup scored 15+. 4 times, the running back has cleared 30 points!

In comparison, Detroit has only allowed 15+ 6 times, and only one of those was 20+. 21.6 was the most they allowed.

Detroit has looked better as the year has gone on. San Francisco...well, that's not a good defense.

I just don't know that I could not play Forte.

Safe play: Howard (just because we know he'll get the volume)
Risk/Reward: Forte (That team has been bad, and often fall behind, leaving the backs very little touches).

If I am confident I don't need a big game, and will be good with a 15-20 game, I take Howard. Otherwise, I'm going Forte and hoping for the big game.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Howard's all the Bears got, but the possibility of falling behind early and him being a non factor is there. And just like I feared, Thursday night fucked me over big time with Carr and Cooper. It pisses me off because any league without divisions and I have a fucking bye. When is the NFL going to get rid of this boring bullshit? First game and Thanksgiving are only decent Thursday games.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isiah Crowell-- been bad lately but ran for 80 and a TD earlier this year against the Bengals

Or…

Todd Gurley-- been awful all year but the Falcons are 29th in rush D the last 5 weeks or something like that

????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Isiah Crowell-- been bad lately but ran for 80 and a TD earlier this year against the Bengals

Or…

Todd Gurley-- been awful all year but the Falcons are 29th in rush D the last 5 weeks or something like that

????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to go with Gurley, imo.

Mitchapalooza

Fucking Julio might not play, goddamit. I'll put in Gabriel if he's out, cause Sanu's out too.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Fucking Julio might not play, goddamit. I'll put in Gabriel if he's out, cause Sanu's out too.

I'm playing Gabriel over Julio no matter what. Even if they put Julio out there, it sounds like he'll just be a decoy.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gordons 5 rush yards really coming up big. fuck. what a gay way to lose. I need Rodgers to go off

Mitchapalooza

My opponent shit the bed. I should easily win. Still got Ryan, Gabriel, Cooks, Mitchell and Tucker.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Ugh losing Melvin Gordon the week before the playoffs hurts.

What the hell happened to Jordan Reed today?

Mitchapalooza

picked up Charles Sims this morning, looking like a good pickup he's getting some playing time. Didn't start him or anything but still nice stash for the playoff run.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Gordons 5 rush yards really coming up big. fuck. what a gay way to lose. I need Rodgers to go off

LOL, I went up against him, and had Bell.