The Fantasy Advice Thread!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mike Wallace was on the waiver wire in my 10 man leagues.... he is making a resurgence in Baltimore after flatlining in Miami and Minnesota

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wasn't much available in my league. Most of the breakout guys were already on teams. Tyrell Williams and Quincy Enunwa were the two I saw on the transaction list.

Aside from that, looked like 1 trade. Allen Robinson and Marvin Jones for Doug Baldwin and Tom Brady.

If I had Robinson and Jones, I probably would not have done that trade. I'm rolling the dice giving up Charles for Dez, but I'm thinking that Charles doesn't recover fully. They're still not even sure he'll play this week. Plus, I got Ware and pretty solid RB depth.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Threw a trade out an offer for Olsen from that guy who has 3 TEs on his team lol. Forte, Olsen, and Matt Jones for Hilton, Walker, and Ryan Mathews. Seems pretty fair to me, but we'll see what he says.

Mitchapalooza

Managed to snag Delanie Walker from a guy who had Gronk, Delanie and some other TE. Gave him Dwayne Allen and Will Fuller (16th round pick for me).

TE was my weak spot so I'm thrilled. I don't think Walker is gonna do what he did last year but he'll do a lot better than Allen.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Managed to snag Delanie Walker from a guy who had Gronk, Delanie and some other TE. Gave him Dwayne Allen and Will Fuller (16th round pick for me).

TE was my weak spot so I'm thrilled. I don't think Walker is gonna do what he did last year but he'll do a lot better than Allen.

You got ripped off.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Walker should be a good step up in consistency at least.

Mitchapalooza

You got ripped off.

no I didn't. Dwayne Allen lost 2 TDs to the backup TE. I am set at WR so Fuller was gonna sit on my bench all year anyways. Plus I have Hopkins. Fuller ain't gonna put up 22 pts every week.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
If I had Robinson and Jones, I probably would not have done that trade. I'm rolling the dice giving up Charles for Dez, but I'm thinking that Charles doesn't recover fully. They're still not even sure he'll play this week. Plus, I got Ware and pretty solid RB depth.

Agreed, and I wouldn't have done it.

Charles for Dez isn't horrible. Dez had a terrible game week 1, but if he gets hot, it could turn out to be great. Plus with RB depth, you can take that chance.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
no I didn't. Dwayne Allen lost 2 TDs to the backup TE. I am set at WR so Fuller was gonna sit on my bench all year anyways. Plus I have Hopkins. Fuller ain't gonna put up 22 pts every week.

Smart trade. You sold high on Fuller and Dwayne after they had decent weeks. Fuller will regress more then likely, unless he is the second coming of OBJ and Dwayne is very inconsistent, plus a lot of mouths to feed in that offense.

Mitchapalooza

Smart trade. You sold high on Fuller and Dwayne after they had decent weeks. Fuller will regress more then likely, unless he is the second coming of OBJ and Dwayne is very inconsistent, plus a lot of mouths to feed in that offense.

Yeah, Dwayne Allen was gonna be too inconsistent for me all year so now I solidified my TE position. Now I like my roster at every position. Rawls is starting this week too so hopefully he kills the Rams.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Got a few different toss ups this week across both my leagues, all standard scoring.

Ryan Matthews or Rashad Jennings?
Stefon Diggs or Allen Hurns?
D jax or Jordan Matthews?
Russel Wilson or Blake Bortles?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Got a few different toss ups this week across both my leagues, all standard scoring.

Ryan Matthews.
Diggs vs. Hurns - This is a crap shoot. I really like Diggs though. MN should be behind all game and throwing and he's there only weapon outside. Went for 100 last week.
D Jax - I find J. Matt tough to trust with a rookie QB this early in the season.
Russel - I'd just keep an eye on the practice reports and make sure the ankle isn't going to be an issue. I plan on starting him though.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looking for some trade advice.

For WR's I have Brown, A.Rob, Cobb and Moncrief. I can only play 3 Wr's - .5 PPR league.

My backs are garbage - Gurley, Matt Jones, Ajayi, Ivory, Alfred Morris.

Whose a back I can target for Moncrief, Cobb or I'd even be willing to trade A.Rob?

Edit: I'm thinking Forte, Murray or McCoy would be solid targets.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looking for some trade advice.

For WR's I have Brown, A.Rob, Cobb and Moncrief. I can only play 3 Wr's - .5 PPR league.

My backs are garbage - Gurley, Matt Jones, Ajayi, Ivory, Alfred Morris.

Whose a back I can target for Moncrief, Cobb or I'd even be willing to trade A.Rob?

Edit: I'm thinking Forte, Murray or McCoy would be solid targets.

I would stand pat with what you have. Trading WRs for RBs is a sure fire way to lose your league 99% of the time. Just don't make waiver wire moves, allow your priority to reach the top, then pounce on a backup when a starter gets injured.

Mitchapalooza

Matthews
Diggs but Hurns might be a good bubble option with Bortles.
Matthews. Tough one tho because I like DJax too.
Bortles because Russell's ankle scared me.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would stand pat with what you have. Trading WRs for RBs is a sure fire way to lose your league 99% of the time. Just don't make waiver wire moves, allow your priority to reach the top, then pounce on a backup when a starter gets injured.

You're right. I need to sit on Matt Jones, he's the only option the Redskins have but I was nervious going into the season with him as my 2nd back and his performance on Sunday was discouraging. I'll let it play out for a few weeks and re-evaluate.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Matthews - playing Bears
Hurns - solid matchup. FFS, Alex Smith just threw for over 350 yards against the Chargers.
Matthews - Him and Wentz might have some chemistry brewing, and playing against the Bears, who just got ripped by a rookie.
Bortles - Wilson won't be 100% and, Chargers.

Actually thinking about it, Jennings wouldn't be a bad play since their playing against the Saints.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:

I prefer the Jennings matchup. New Orleans defense is terrible and gave up 175+ yards and 3 touchdowns to running backs last week.

Diggs is definitely the safer play.

Matthews here over DeSean, although I put them both about equal this week in standard scoring.

Bortles against the Chargers.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Matthews - playing Bears
Hurns - solid matchup. FFS, Alex Smith just threw for over 350 yards against the Chargers.
Matthews - Him and Wentz might have some chemistry brewing, and playing against the Bears, who just got ripped by a rookie.
Bortles - Wilson won't be 100% and, Chargers.

Actually thinking about it, Jennings wouldn't be a bad play since their playing against the Saints.

This although I like D-Jax more than Mathews, but I think both will have goo games

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeldon vs SD or Moncrief vs Denver? .5 PPR

Looks like Ivory will be out again and Moncrief has a tough matchup.