World Cup of Hockey thread

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like we squandered the Kane years. We need a USA overhaul immediately, get McJesus and Mathews in there soon, Kane, and some good young defenseman playing now in the NHL.

We just shouldn't be this bad.
It doesn't help that of *all* of the US-born head coaches out there--including the coach that *just* won the cup, Team USA decided to go for a head coach who's coaching legacy is likely going to be the fact that he tried to fight the opposing head coach during intermission.

...like that was going to work.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
America vs Canada I'm the first, so far Toews and Kane both have assists as its 2-1 Canada

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tortorini must be the biggest shitbag I have ever heard speak in hockey! Just listening to him today made me sick to my stomache, he is clueless about his roster, his chances, his job.

Its fucking unbelievable that somebody somewhere thinks this is the best hockey mind we can put out there to run team USA. His bullshit gives me synethesia...he speaks and I don't hear nothing, it just smells like Pernell McPhee is shitting in my mouth after binging at Buffalo Wild Wings.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Buh-Bye USA, well my team of love Europe is sealed into the the tourney now Canada vs Europe is a meaningless game... but you know what THAT means!!! Crawford gets the start. He's never at any major level played a game to represent Canada.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
What an awful team USA hockey assembled for this tournament. The icing on the cake is hiring Torts as the coach, what a doofus. How does he keeping getting jobs still? His schtick gets really old quick and he's about a decade behind the modern game. Brilliant. Lombardi, Burke and Holmgren, there's a trio that should not be involved in management. Team USA did miss some of their more talented players to team NA, but their roster decisions were still dumb.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a debacle tonight. Embarrassed for them.
I see Buff still plays hard only when he feels like it too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was closer than I thought it would be, could have been real ugly.

The team on the other side might be the greatest hockey team ever assembled. I mean fucking Toews, Crosby, Thorton, Doughty, Price for starters. Fuck that.

But that is no excuse not to assemble the best team USA we can. Or for our coach to talk a bunch of shit for 2 days leading up to the game like he has to sell it, or convince himself or his team like we can compete. When you face a juggaurnout you take the pressure OFF YOUR GUYS!! Not rile up the opponent. How dumb is he? That is sports 101.

Let ESPN sell the game. Be like the Patriots and give those guys with the Red Leaf the respect they deserve. "They are the best team in the world." "We have an impossible challenge ahead of us."

I don't know? Am I missing something here? Then post game he all but puts the game on Kane, because Kane couldn't make the offense go. He didn't do this by saying Kane's name, he said it by implecation and by NOT SAYING HIS NAME, but blaming the "offense" and not doing enough on offense.

This after we give up 3 goals in the first period, and they sit back and clog Kane. I mean fuck.... what the hell is he saying? Does he not understand? This is the worst managed team and the worst coaching job since the Bears of 2002-2016

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It sure looked like Kane had two assists on that goal, looked like he redirected the pass on the goal, not only the first pass. Really dont like Torch during the season, guess there are slim pickings to get an american coach, but it sure sounds like maybe Chelly and Hull should get their ass down on the bench.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It sure looked like Kane had two assists on that goal, looked like he redirected the pass on the goal, not only the first pass. Really dont like Torch during the season, guess there are slim pickings to get an american coach, but it sure sounds like maybe Chelly and Hull should get their ass down on the bench.
The pens coach is American and yet somehow he was good enough to win a cup last year (if in no other aspect managing egos). Instead they go for the coaching equivalent of David Koci.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/kessel-trolls-usa-on-twitter-after-elimination-from-world-cup-1.570721

Ahh, Phil Kessel.

Also, I'm not a fan of how USA was constructed, but let's be honest here. Canada is still just that much better. Even taking a look at who they had to leave off their roster (and how they would have made USA's without an issue) should tell you a lot. They certainly can be beaten, especially in a one game format like this, but they are the best for a reason.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Backes is annoyed at Kessel, the battles of Pitt vs Boston will be engaged this season.

Still weird to think of how Backes is now a Bruin, though it totally fits

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Backes is annoyed at Kessel, the battles of Pitt vs Boston will be engaged this season.

Still weird to think of how Backes is now a Bruin, though it totally fits

I don't know if I can still hate the Blues as much without Backes.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Move to St. Louis for a month. That'll do the trick.

I've lived there twice and across the river in Belleville, IL once. Their fans are as annoying as shit. Especially for a team that's never won anything.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
What an awful team USA hockey assembled for this tournament. The icing on the cake is hiring Torts as the coach, what a doofus. How does he keeping getting jobs still? His schtick gets really old quick and he's about a decade behind the modern game. Brilliant. Lombardi, Burke and Holmgren, there's a trio that should not be involved in management. Team USA did miss some of their more talented players to team NA, but their roster decisions were still dumb.

I just don't understand the logic of the organization.

I didn't see a single person who looked at the USA roster and thought it was a good idea. Yet the people in the USA Hockey headquarters were totally oblivious to it. Don't get it.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't understand the logic of the organization.

I didn't see a single person who looked at the USA roster and thought it was a good idea. Yet the people in the USA Hockey headquarters were totally oblivious to it. Don't get it.

Choosing Torts as the head coach was their first, and most egregious, mistake. Everything went downhill from there.

After the fuck-up job he did with the Rangers, I was surprised he got picked by the Canucks. The guy is a disaster on wheels. Sitting Luongo for the outdoor (Heritage?) game the Canucks played. Total passive-aggressive bull shit. Doubly surprised he got picked by the Blue Jackets. Drove Ryan Johansen out of Columbus. Seems like teams with younger player and, perhaps, a lack of identity, pick him up to "whip" the team into shape, but all he ends up doing is pissing people off. The dude just enjoys fucking with people. ...oh and holding post game press conferences pontificating - what he believes to be deep thoughts - for the press. And heaven help the journalist that calls out the schmuck on his "profound" gobbledygook or his coaching choices.

Tortorella is a LOSER!

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

A player like Gaudreau should've been on the USA squad, not the NA squad, regardless of his age and experience, IMHO.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Johnny boy and Saad are probably the only forwards they would of taken knowing their mindsets.

The TNA hurting of USA is only so far as long as you consider the wider range of snubs that gives them. Saad was a bad choice to not take to Sochi in 2014, even ad a bottom line winger hie speed and style on big ice would of helped.

But Toews had a 3 point game in the win vs Europe. Hossa had the lone goal for them sneaking a right on the post bad angle goal by Crawford similar to a couple bad goals he gave up on the 15 cup postseason run. Using that cheeky inside knowledge.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

its-easy.jpg