Sunday, Sept. 25

B1 vs. A2, 1 p.m., ESPN

Final (best-of-three)

Tuesday, Sept. 27

Final Game 1, 8 p.m., ESPN

Thursday, Sept. 29

Final Game 2, 8 p.m., ESPN2

Saturday, Oct. 1

Final Game 3, 7 p.m., ESPN2 (if necessary)

First goal of the tourney just happened. Guess who scored it? Hint: he's a Hawk.

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'll update this with the schedule later when I've got more time. But I imagine us hockey-starved folk are salivating at the chance to finally see some puck.

First goal of the tourney just happened. Guess who scored it? Hint: he's a Hawk.

Sweet action, saw Kaner was assigned the "A"... If you do have time to do a schedule, would it be possible to include any TV info that you find.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sweet action, saw Kaner was assigned the "A"... If you do have time to do a schedule, would it be possible to include any TV info that you find.

I'll get a complete schedule up at some point today. I can tell you now that Europe and North American face each other at 7:00 this evening and the game is on ESPN 2.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'll get a complete schedule up at some point today. I can tell you now that Europe and North American face each other at 7:00 this evening and the game is on ESPN 2.

I find it a bit strange how they do the teams... I mean, there is a team USA, and then a team North America, and at the very least I think it should probably be team Canada then team North America, I don't know. And then to have individual Euro teams not included in team Europe. Just strange but I guess it keeps the rosters popalocking.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Panarin was the best player on Russia playing with Dadonov and Shipachev again (shame neither came over this offseason) and Kempy had a later assist to add to his goal. Though in the other game Pokka was solid as a 3rd pair guy even had a nice shot chance. Kruger and Hjammer on the otherside were good killing off like 8 penalties that were taken where the only one scored on was without them on the ice but Erik Karlsson on the ice pking for I guess not trying too hard in the first preliminary game reasons. Kruger did get a goal disallowed he was screening on because the rulebook is straight outta '99 and if your foot is in the crease on a screen it can disallow a goal for goaler interference.

I saw a funny chart comparing the team in all nhl experience and size ways, but what was amusing was it listed by team how many stanley cup wins are on the roster. There are several teams that the majority of the cup wins are purely because of the Hawks. Team North America has 3 wins, 2 being Saad(1 being Matt Murray) Team Sweden has 7 cups, 5=Hjammer+Kruger. Team USA only has 6 which is half Kane. And Team Czech has only 1, Frolik.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Updated with TV schedule in the OP, thanks to HW for the link.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Panarin was the best player on Russia playing with Dadonov and Shipachev again (shame neither came over this offseason) and Kempy had a later assist to add to his goal. Though in the other game Pokka was solid as a 3rd pair guy even had a nice shot chance. Kruger and Hjammer on the otherside were good killing off like 8 penalties that were taken where the only one scored on was without them on the ice but Erik Karlsson on the ice pking for I guess not trying too hard in the first preliminary game reasons. Kruger did get a goal disallowed he was screening on because the rulebook is straight outta '99 and if your foot is in the crease on a screen it can disallow a goal for goaler interference.

I saw a funny chart comparing the team in all nhl experience and size ways, but what was amusing was it listed by team how many stanley cup wins are on the roster. There are several teams that the majority of the cup wins are purely because of the Hawks. Team North America has 3 wins, 2 being Saad(1 being Matt Murray) Team Sweden has 7 cups, 5=Hjammer+Kruger. Team USA only has 6 which is half Kane. And Team Czech has only 1, Frolik.

It's crazy how many current/former Hawks are skating in this tournament. Seems like every team is tied to Chicago.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Welp, team USA sucks, and byfuglien was scratched? Torts is an idiot

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Full quote on Team USA's Max Pacioretty calling Patrick Kane "the best player in the game."#Blackhawks #WCH2016

CsfQONfVYAA--NQ.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do we suck?

Why do they have these lame ass teams? It makes it seem as irrelevant to me as an all-star game. Why are we even doing this? Team Europe? Get the fuck out. Team North America?

Check Rebublic is in Europe isn't it?

Its not fun...its lame. Fuck this.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I find the teams based on something other than lame simple country nationality much more fun and was well more into team north America than what USA has.

Team USA is bad because they're run by winners of the pre-04 lockout deadpuck eras that think grit and boardz battlez players is needed. And choose grittier than less skilled players like Ablekader, Backes, the Johnsons, and a slew of other bad choices from coaching/management.

Look at team north America's management Stan bowman and Chiarelli, sure both have made bad trades to deal with Cap issues but are gms from 4 of the last 7 cup wins. Team USAs gm/coach had 4 of the cup wins from 95-05. An Era gone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find the teams based on something other than lame simple country nationality much more fun and was well more into team north America than what USA has.

Team USA is bad because they're run by winners of the pre-04 lockout deadpuck eras that think grit and boardz battlez players is needed. And choose grittier than less skilled players like Ablekader, Backes, the Johnsons, and a slew of other bad choices from coaching/management.

Look at team north America's management Stan bowman and Chiarelli, sure both have made bad trades to deal with Cap issues but are gms from 4 of the last 7 cup wins. Team USAs gm/coach had 4 of the cup wins from 95-05. An Era gone.

just let me be bitter that Kane is on a team that thinks they can just have him for offense surrounded by 11 other "grit" guys.

Cartman would know exactly what this tournament is.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like we squandered the Kane years. We need a USA overhaul immediately, get McJesus and Mathews in there soon, Kane, and some good young defenseman playing now in the NHL.

We just shouldn't be this bad.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN2 McJesus vs Russia right meow!!

Russia wins this if you have a bookie. They are in a must win, facing North American college kids on the U23 squad. Yes, they are young and fast, but their party should end against actual grown man resistance.

I'm thinking the context of this Russian Superstars vs American amateurs (kinda) will not be lost on them(think 1980). They pound, 5-2

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McJesus's 1, Russia 0

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That North American team is must-see hockey, guys. They're so fucking fast and incredibly fun to watch. They lost to Russia but the last few minutes had Game 7 levels of action.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool. Sorry I missed it but thanks for the updates guys. If you have a link for the next good one a bit in advance of the game, please post it up.