World Cup of Hockey thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What a USA clusterfuck. Thoughts on if anything would have been actually any different with Kessel?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
What a USA clusterfuck. Thoughts on if anything would have been actually any different with Kessel?

Probably not. Kessel is good, but not that good.

Torts' archaic coaching methods would've still doomed the team, anyway .

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope they hold management accountable, and fire everybody. I think player selection should just start from scratch, but not exclude anyone.

Anyone think that Scott Darling has a shot one day to represent team USA?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Just Kessel, no, but they might of been a team that could of got to the semi final stage with him, Tyler Johnson, Kyle Okposo, Paul Stantsy, etc. Over Abdelkader, Dubinski, and Backes types.

I know plenty made a big deal bout Shattenkirk but even his past postseason he showed a lot of terrible Dzone coverage plays, but I'd still take him over Niskanen, hell over some choices like Jack Johnson I would of taken Nick Leddy to have someone on that team be an elite skater to have some puck control on that D.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Team Europe's master deception rules it all. :smug2:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope they hold management accountable, and fire everybody. I think player selection should just start from scratch, but not exclude anyone.

Anyone think that Scott Darling has a shot one day to represent team USA?
Darling would have to be a starter as-good or better than Schneider and Quick.

As for the rest, I agree. Granted, the chances of that happening are about the same chance that the Fire takes home the MLS Cup this year.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Probably not. Kessel is good, but not that good.

Torts' archaic coaching methods would've still doomed the team, anyway .
Since the moment I found out Torts was the coach I couldn't help but think they were dooms and for the life of me couldn't figure out how he got the job, but then I just assumed smarter hockey people than me had selected him so what the hell do I know. Well.....

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
darling would have to be a starter as-good or better than schneider and quick.

As for the rest, i agree. Granted, the chances of that happening are about the same chance that the fire takes home the mls cup this decade.
fify

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just Kessel, no, but they might of been a team that could of got to the semi final stage with him, Tyler Johnson, Kyle Okposo, Paul Stantsy, etc. Over Abdelkader, Dubinski, and Backes types.

Johnny Gaudreau, too!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone making a GDT for tomorrow?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The mod is busy on the Bears board dreaming about the Bears getting Kizer. So unless you do it won't happen.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Gasp Canada is winning

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
this whole WC just seems like a dud. Not even the Canadian fans seem to care. It was obviously made for a CAN-USA final or a CAN-RUS final, but then the fake Team Europe had to mess it all up. And Canada will win it without putting much effort to it.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Pretty good finish by Canada to win the second and final game. Toews with some great patience to help set up the last goal. I was a fan of the World Cup by the end of it and think the NHL did a great job by introducing the Team NA and Europe.