IST: Cubs vs. Cardinals

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Cubs could clinch the NL home field advantage before any other team even clinches its respective division

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
How awesome was the pregame ceremony for David Ross??? All the people that weren't sure why he was here early last season (which includes myself) had a lot to learn about the guy.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Washington lost to the pirates. Cubs now have HFA for playoffs(til WS anyways)

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
How awesome was the pregame ceremony for David Ross??? All the people that weren't sure why he was here early last season (which includes myself) had a lot to learn about the guy.
I wasn't there and at work. Is this something that will be replayed?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Arrieta pitch an Arrieta type game. Good sign with playoffs bout to start.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Washington lost to the pirates. Cubs now have HFA for playoffs(til WS anyways)

LA is only 1 game behind Washington now too. That series could easily open in Los Angeles. Who would have thought that even 2 weeks ago?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
1704050871_5138662051001_5138635723001-vs.jpg

When it all goes Wong.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah, I'm another one. If nothing else, I learned there's more to being a valuable player than hitting, catching and throwing a baseball. It's only a matter of time before Ross is a MLB manager...Cubs would do well to invest in his future through coaching or a minor league gig.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm another one. If nothing else, I learned there's more to being a valuable player than hitting, catching and throwing a baseball. It's only a matter of time before Ross is a MLB manager...Cubs would do well to invest in his future through coaching or a minor league gig.

Pretty sure he's going to take a year off but maybe they can bring him to spring training as an instructor. I agree though he'll be managing within 5 years. All that said if Dave Martinez gets a manager gig they should probably try really hard to convince him to give up his year off and stay on as bench coach.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
So who the fuck's dumbass idea was it to install new home plate cameras above the old cameras at Wrigley Field for Fox? Is this the home plate view we're going to have to see all playoffs? Asinine. There was nothing wrong with the camera location we've had for the last X seasons... This is seriously jarring. You can't see pitch movement as good with this view.

I already hate the fact that we can't listen to Len and JD during the playoffs or other national broadcasts and now the fucking networks, in their infinite wisdom, decide that the fucking home plate cameras needed to be replaced. FUCK!!!!

</end rant>

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 outs then a 4 spot. lol Also, Soler moves like he is stuck in quick sand in left. He looks like he gives no effort.

85Bears

Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, if there was any doubt whether Hammel would make the playoff roster, I hope this settles it... He's obviously not starting in the playoffs, and he's not the type that would make a good reliever, so...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So who the fuck's dumbass idea was it to install new home plate cameras above the old cameras at Wrigley Field for Fox? Is this the home plate view we're going to have to see all playoffs? Asinine. There was nothing wrong with the camera location we've had for the last X seasons... This is seriously jarring. You can't see pitch movement as good with this view.

I already hate the fact that we can't listen to Len and JD during the playoffs or other national broadcasts and now the fucking networks, in their infinite wisdom, decide that the fucking home plate cameras needed to be replaced. FUCK!!!!

</end rant>
Camera view sucks. Take care of that

85Bears

Donator
Liked Posts:
At least MLBTV is letting us use Pat and Ron's audio overlay instead of having to listen to the Fox announcers. Now if we can just score some runs off this guy here I'll be a happier camper. :p

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish Russell would have got some wood there.